Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415015 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #500: May 06, 2008, 05:30:45 PM »
Your avatar seems every bit the smart alecky, mischievous boy, but tomboys abound.
That picture, that's got to be Jurassic Park.  I've never seen the movie  :-[  not particularly being a fan of the scary movie genre, but that was one superb book.

I never said I was a female or a male... or human.  I never introduced myself on this page.  A whole bunch of us beamed down... I mean, REGISTERED... on the same day.

Michael Crichton wrote the screenplay for the original Jurassic Park film.  Since we're getting a 4th Indiana Jones film, I suppose we will get five more Jurassic Park's.

natsfan1a

« Reply #501: May 06, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »
Jurassic Park is great! It is definitely suspenseful and does have some fairly gory scenes, but I didn't mind them that much (I'm not a big fan of violent films).

:rofl:

That picture, that's got to be Jurassic Park.  I've never seen the movie  :-[  not particularly being a fan of the scary movie genre, but that was one superb book.

I think the image below may date from n2p's, uh, landing: :lol:

I never said I was a female or a male... or human.  I never introduced myself on this page.  A whole bunch of us beamed down... I mean, REGISTERED... on the same day.

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #502: May 07, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »
Did you go to Montgomery Blair High School? That looks like the MBHS mascot!
Indeed, I did. Class of '67.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #503: May 07, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »

'65 here, though I moved so actually graduated Northwood after senior year.

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #504: May 08, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »
Welcome, Annie, from another female forum member (and Bull Durham fan).

Thanks! Bull Durham is one of my all-time favorite movies.

I also tend to accept profile information at face value and to assume the best. Thus, I assume that Annie is a woman and a new poster rather than somebody posing as a woman and/or as a new poster (because how over-the-top would that be? ;) ).

I am definitely a female and definitely a newbie.

I thought that image looked familiar! I graduated in...well, nevermind.  :-[ I'll just say I graduated a few years after you and leave it at that.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #505: May 08, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
  :worship:  Love the quote too  :icon_exclaim:   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #506: May 10, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »
I thought that image looked familiar! I graduated in...well, nevermind.  :-[ I'll just say I graduated a few years after you and leave it at that.
I currently live back in my old zipcode, 20901, near the intersection of Dennis and Sligo Creek Pkwy.

Offline BangZoom

« Reply #507: May 12, 2008, 10:45:44 AM »
DJ Michaels here, big Nationals fan. Spend my time in DC area as well as on the Eastern Shore (Ocean City, MD, etc). Big fan of our farm system and what the future holds. Favorite player is Lastings Milledge.

MrMadison

« Reply #508: May 12, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
DJ Michaels here, big Nationals fan. Spend my time in DC area as well as on the Eastern Shore (Ocean City, MD, etc). Big fan of our farm system and what the future holds. Favorite player is Lastings Milledge.

natsfan1a

« Reply #509: May 12, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »
Nice moniker! :thumbs:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #510: May 12, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »
Nice moniker! :thumbs:
Howdy. May your screen name always bring us luck (we certainly need it).

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #511: May 12, 2008, 05:21:04 PM »
Hi Guys!

I'm Sarah.  Been a Nats fan since before they arrived in DC and a Nats lover since opening night 2005 at RFK.  Listening to that first season on the radio was just the best.  Loved it so much, in fact, that my two vehicles' license plates were/are BNGZOOM and CURLY W (thanks, Charlie!).  Husband (bangzoom05) and I have been 20-game package holders since 2005, and hope to be STHs as long as live in this area.

As you can guess from my moniker, Zimmerman is my favorite, though I'm a little disgusted with him right now (between the Superstar walk-up song and his comment about the pitching, which I understand was just a poorly stated version of fact, but STILL), so Hill has temporarily replaced him, hence the pic :)

Anyway, happy to be here.  I don't post often, but I'll try to make them worth reading when I do :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #512: May 12, 2008, 05:53:20 PM »
I'm Sarah.  Been a Nats fan since before they arrived in DC and a Nats lover since opening night 2005 at RFK.  Listening to that first season on the radio was just the best.  Loved it so much, in fact, that my two vehicles' license plates were/are BNGZOOM and CURLY W (thanks, Charlie!).  Husband (bangzoom05) and I have been 20-game package holders since 2005, and hope to be STHs as long as live in this area.

Hello Zimmsgirl72, welcome. 

Somewhere in the bowels of WNFF there is a thread dedicated to Nats related license plates that have been spotted around the area.  I'm going to find that thing to see if we've already noted your impact on the local platology. 

Sincerely,

"NATS 9"

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #513: May 12, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »
Welcome Zimmsgirl :clap:

As the resident idiot, let me just say this - don't let our tendency to vent on this board scare you off, we're really a good bunch ;)

natsfan1a

« Reply #514: May 12, 2008, 06:51:58 PM »
Welcome to both of you!

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #515: May 12, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
Hello Zimmsgirl72, welcome. 

Somewhere in the bowels of WNFF there is a thread dedicated to Nats related license plates that have been spotted around the area.  I'm going to find that thing to see if we've already noted your impact on the local platology. 

Sincerely,

"NATS 9"

Hmmm, checked out that thread and apparently my alter ego, natsgirl72, already posted about those plates.  Completely forgot I posted here a couple of years ago.  Must be old age kicking in ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #516: May 12, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »
Hmmm, checked out that thread and apparently my alter ego, natsgirl72, already posted about those plates.  Completely forgot I posted here a couple of years ago.  Must be old age kicking in ;)

Not as bad as losing your beer.   :glug: :nono: :shock:

:lol:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #517: May 12, 2008, 10:03:10 PM »
Welcome Zimsgirl72!

Yeah, Zimmy's my favorite too. I thought I saw those license plates once.  Are you ever driving in Centerville, VA?.  I catch a lot of plates on my way to and from work in Herndon. 

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #518: May 13, 2008, 09:18:53 AM »
Welcome Zimsgirl72!

Yeah, Zimmy's my favorite too. I thought I saw those license plates once.  Are you ever driving in Centerville, VA?.  I catch a lot of plates on my way to and from work in Herndon. 

Thanks for the welcome!  BNGZOOM on a red explorer was around in that area until December 2007 (it's off the road now).  CURLY W on a silver bmw was more DC based, though we did (it's also currently off the road) drive out 66 to VA wine country a lot.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #519: May 13, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!  BNGZOOM on a red explorer was around in that area until December 2007 (it's off the road now).  CURLY W on a silver bmw was more DC based, though we did (it's also currently off the road) drive out 66 to VA wine country a lot.

I think I may have seen BNGZoom then.  Its been awhile.  I live in PW county but work off 28 so I travel that stretch of road every day.

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #520: May 15, 2008, 10:17:40 AM »
Hello BangZoom and ZimmsGirl, and welcome from a fellow newbie!

galentjm

« Reply #521: May 16, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
Greetings everyone!  I've been lurking around for a few months just checking the place out and I must say I'm impressed with the vibrant community you have here.  I'm originally from Northern Virginia but currently living in Raleigh, NC.  My family and I will be relocating back to the D.C. area in June.  Can't wait to see the new park.  Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I look forward to talking some baseball.  Go Nats!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #522: May 16, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »
Welcome.  We're a good bunch here!  If we have a board get together we'll have to plan it after June!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #523: May 16, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
Greetings everyone!  I've been lurking around for a few months just checking the place out and I must say I'm impressed with the vibrant community you have here.  I'm originally from Northern Virginia but currently living in Raleigh, NC.  My family and I will be relocating back to the D.C. area in June.  Can't wait to see the new park.  Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I look forward to talking some baseball.  Go Nats!

Glad to hear our heated debates (:lol:) didn't discourage you from jumping in. Welcome to the forum.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #524: May 16, 2008, 04:35:24 PM »
Welcome! :clap: