Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415032 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #450: April 21, 2008, 09:37:39 AM »
Howdy. Always nice to find another Nat (and Yankee) :) fan.

Yankees Suck.

Sincerely,

an ex-Yankee fan

Offline saltydad

« Reply #451: April 21, 2008, 03:48:50 PM »
Yankees Suck.

Sincerely,

an ex-Yankee fan

Nice to see we still bring out the emotions :D

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #452: April 21, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »
Yankees Suck.
Not really a Yankees fan anymore, unless they are playing the Bosox. Two Series wins and sox fans are more arrogant than NY fans.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #453: April 21, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »
I have a cap from the play that was here in 2005:

DAMN YANKEES!  ;)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #454: April 22, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »
Nice to see we still bring out the emotions :D

I believe the phrase goes something like:

"You have to have loved something so dear, to hate them so bitterly."

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #455: April 22, 2008, 01:15:05 PM »
Not really a Yankees fan anymore, unless they are playing the Bosox. Two Series wins and sox fans are more arrogant than NY fans.

I agree with you there.  Since I grew up in "Red Sox Nation" I can certify that they were more obnoxious even before winning their two recent titles.  The only problem now is they have some form of vindication. 

I think that Cowboys fans might be the only more obnoxious breed in all of sport than Red Sox fans.

Bullpen45

« Reply #456: April 23, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »

Hi,

I'm 34 from Montreal, Canada.
I've been an Expos fan since I was born.
I was at the Olympic stadium at the all-star game in '82, I was at the Olympic stadium when Rick Monday hit his homerun against Steve Rogers in the League championship in 1981.

I've had a hard time following the MLB since the Expos left.
I just could not pick a team to follow.

Now, it just seems like the most natural thing to do is to follow the Nationals.

I'm hoping to be able ton connect once again with the team...and some of there fans.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #457: April 23, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »
Bullpen, I wish you luck in your quest.  Some of the older folks (self included) here have lost a team too - the Senators, and know the feeling.  You aren't by any means the only old Expos fan here, nor the only Montrealer (Montrealite?   Montrealon? :-[  )

Anyway, nobody can accuse you of jumping on the bandwagon just cause we're a good team.   :shock:

Welcome!

Bullpen45

« Reply #458: April 23, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »

Thanks tomterp.

This franchise is due for a championship...

If I may, when the Senators left, did you still root for the team ?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #459: April 23, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
Thanks tomterp.

This franchise is due for a championship...

If I may, when the Senators left, did you still root for the team ?

I did not, but that was a different era.  No TV, no radio, no internet, no newspaper coverage, there was no practical way to follow a team that wasn't your home town team back in the 1970's.  Since I was fond of many of the players, I could not wish ill upon them, though I despised the corrupt owner who did the dastardly deed. 

I basically quit following any team for over a decade, before some friends got me into going up to Memorial Stadium in Baltimore to see the Orioles during their final glory days, 82-83.  But I never rooted for them like they were my own team, cause they weren't. 

Bullpen45

« Reply #460: April 23, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »

Thanks,

Actually, it'll be easier to watch the Nationals then it was watching the Expos here in Montreal (tv coverage wasn't good here).

Can't really blame ownership here, we lost the Expos by being 3000 in the stands on a regular basis. Montreal is pretty much a hockey-only town now.

But I couldn't root for the closest team (Boston) the way they are spending (the opposite of what the Expos used to do) and I just can't root for Toronto (big rivalry between Montreal and Toronto in Canada).

So, I'll be watching my firt Nationals game as a fan tonite....against the Mets...the team the Expos played there first ever game against (in 1969) and there last ever game (in 2004).

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #461: April 23, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »
Welcome Bullpen45.

I like Tom was a Senators fan, then Orioles fan, and now back to NATS.

As you can tell, Cal Ripken is one of my fave's as is Hondo and Brooks.

We have a great bunch here!

Bullpen45

« Reply #462: April 23, 2008, 09:55:14 PM »

Thank,

Looking forward to follow the MLB again...after 4 years of tears lolll

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #463: April 23, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »
After tonight's game, I'll lend you a handkerchief!   :roll:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #464: April 23, 2008, 10:06:12 PM »
Thank,

Looking forward to follow the MLB again...after 4 years of tears lolll

Bullpen,

I went to a Nats game in Toronto with a red Curly W cap on. The Montreal fans that were there made sure to yell "F you", which I found disheartening. But I didn't yell back about attendance, because I think I understood how they felt. I didn't have a hometown team for 20+ years, and rooted for the Yankees just to piss off Orioles fans. So, I'm glad you have games to watch a team you feel connected to.

Bullpen45

« Reply #465: April 23, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »
After tonight's game, I'll lend you a handkerchief!   :roll:

It still does have that Expos feeling...(lost against the Mets)

Bullpen45

« Reply #466: April 23, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »
Bullpen,

I went to a Nats game in Toronto with a red Curly W cap on. The Montreal fans that were there made sure to yell "F you", which I found disheartening. But I didn't yell back about attendance, because I think I understood how they felt. I didn't have a hometown team for 20+ years, and rooted for the Yankees just to piss off Orioles fans. So, I'm glad you have games to watch a team you feel connected to.

I wonder if those guys actually showed up at the Olympic stadium once in a while.
People in Montreal seems to be blaming everybody but themselves (and like I said, I'm from Montreal).
It was the MLB's fault, Loria's fault, the governement's fault...
Never mind the fact that there were 3000 people in the stands in the middle of summer.
I believe that those who really care about baseball will (and have) moved on.
I hope that one day I'll be able to go to Washington with my son even though parts of me will be sad when I'll tell him :"you know, a couple of years ago, this team was playing in our city".

(by the way, I'm french-canadian, so excuse my english)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #467: April 23, 2008, 11:22:29 PM »
I wonder if those guys actually showed up at the Olympic stadium once in a while.
People in Montreal seems to be blaming everybody but themselves (and like I said, I'm from Montreal).
It was the MLB's fault, Loria's fault, the governement's fault...
Never mind the fact that there were 3000 people in the stands in the middle of summer.
I believe that those who really care about baseball will (and have) moved on.
I hope that one day I'll be able to go to Washington with my son even though parts of me will be sad when I'll tell him :"you know, a couple of years ago, this team was playing in our city".

(by the way, I'm french-canadian, so excuse my english)

It's too bad really. I'm sure visiting players loved visiting Montreal, it's not too far away from the other NL East teams, and now I'm sure player like getting payed in Canadian dollars. Honestly, St. Petersburg, FL, got a team before Washington. Wouldn't we love to have the Rays right now?

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #468: April 30, 2008, 09:39:14 PM »
I think that Cowboys fans might be the only more obnoxious breed in all of sport than Red Sox fans.
God help us if the Cubs ever win it all.

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #469: April 30, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
Bullpen45--A curly W is just a curly M turned upside down.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #470: April 30, 2008, 09:49:42 PM »
Love your signature, Cinqo.

Offline Cinqo de Mayo

« Reply #471: April 30, 2008, 10:45:55 PM »
I stole my sig (with a little rephrasing) from a great poster, Holy Cow, on Sunspot. He's an older (older than me  and I turn 59 on Monday) NY Yankees fan, but not in a bad way.

Additionally, my avatar was the old mascot from my high school. I went to a satanic parochial school.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #472: April 30, 2008, 11:23:22 PM »
I went to a satanic parochial school.

:shock:   :?  Satanic Parochial School.  Isn't that an oxymoron?

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #473: May 04, 2008, 07:52:22 PM »
Hi! Newbie here...I've been lurking for a little while, so I thought I'd take the plunge and register. Nice place you've got here!

A little bit about me: I've been a baseball fan for about 15 years. I remember very little about the Senators...I grew up in a family of football fans, so I do remember Vince Lombardi, but I don't remember much about Ted Williams. I started watching Orioles games in the early 90's, and I became a Mike Mussina fan after he was the starting pitcher in Cal Ripken Jr's 2,131st consecutive game. Although I remain a Mussina fan to this day, I never really felt that the Orioles were "my" team, and I stopped following them years ago. When the Nationals came to Washington, I was thrilled beyond belief to finally have a real "home team" to root for. I bought a 20-game season ticket plan this year, and despite rough start to the Nats' season, I'm having a great time going to games at Nationals Park.

Additionally, my avatar was the old mascot from my high school. I went to a satanic parochial school.
Did you go to Montgomery Blair High School? That looks like the MBHS mascot!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #474: May 04, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Hi! Newbie here...I've been lurking for a little while, so I thought I'd take the plunge and register. Nice place you've got here!

A little bit about me: I've been a baseball fan for about 15 years. I remember very little about the Senators...I grew up in a family of football fans, so I do remember Vince Lombardi, but I don't remember much about Ted Williams. I started watching Orioles games in the early 90's, and I became a Mike Mussina fan after he was the starting pitcher in Cal Ripken Jr's 2,131st consecutive game. Although I remain a Mussina fan to this day, I never really felt that the Orioles were "my" team, and I stopped following them years ago. When the Nationals came to Washington, I was thrilled beyond belief to finally have a real "home team" to root for. I bought a 20-game season ticket plan this year, and despite rough start to the Nats' season, I'm having a great time going to games at Nationals Park.

Welcome, AnnieSavoy! I pretty much became a Nats fan the same way.

Awesome avatar!