Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 414899 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #375: February 28, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »
Hello folks! Newbie here.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an Orioles fan. But I'm a baseball fan also and NOT here to troll.

Isn't WV Pirates territory  ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #376: February 28, 2008, 02:04:39 PM »
Wow, a flood of new folks, welcome to the busiest Nats forum in the universe (till proven otherwise, LOL).

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #377: February 28, 2008, 02:05:51 PM »
Isn't WV Pirates territory  ;)

Charles Town?  It's maybe an hour and 15 minutes from DC or Baltimore, vs. 3 hours from Pittsburgh.

Offline Why Not?

« Reply #378: February 28, 2008, 02:10:58 PM »
Charles Town?  It's maybe an hour and 15 minutes from DC or Baltimore, vs. 3 hours from Pittsburgh.

1:15 is about right. Most of my neighbors work in the DC 'burbs. There aren't many people in the Eastern Panhandle with Pittsburgh roots. If there are, they'd given up on the Pirates looooong ago.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #379: February 28, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »
What local TV news do you get in Charles Town?  DC I bet, right?

Offline Why Not?

« Reply #380: February 28, 2008, 05:59:47 PM »
What local TV news do you get in Charles Town?  DC I bet, right?

Little bit of both actually.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #381: February 28, 2008, 06:05:24 PM »
1:15 is about right. Most of my neighbors work in the DC 'burbs. There aren't many people in the Eastern Panhandle with Pittsburgh roots. If there are, they'd given up on the Pirates looooong ago.

Selig's team territories have no respect for fan loyalty. Scranton lost Phillies games and got the Yankees instead, and people were STEAMED! I supposedly am in both Phillies and Pirates territory ( sounds like the Pottsville Maroons all over again), yet those in Harrisburg are blessed to be in Nats territory due to the Senators. So I'm guessing you get MASN, Why Not?

« Reply #382: February 28, 2008, 06:06:31 PM »
A 41-game guy here.  Section 241.

The HD Scoreboard should sear my skull . . . 

and what a joyous pain it'll be!

Mister Muleboy, you recently made a visit to my blog, The Nationals Inquisition.  Welcome aboard!

Offline Why Not?

« Reply #383: February 28, 2008, 06:18:11 PM »
Selig's team territories have no respect for fan loyalty. Scranton lost Phillies games and got the Yankees instead, and people were STEAMED! I supposedly am in both Phillies and Pirates territory ( sounds like the Pottsville Maroons all over again), yet those in Harrisburg are blessed to be in Nats territory due to the Senators. So I'm guessing you get MASN, Why Not?

Yes, I get MASN.

My area is really oriented as a DC suburb, even though it's about the same distance to Balmer. It's more because of commuting patterns than anything.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #384: February 28, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »
Hello folks! Newbie here.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an Orioles fan. But I'm a baseball fan also and NOT here to troll.

Saw the screen name and thought so!  You can say Why Not?  about the NATS too!

Welcome aboard!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #385: February 28, 2008, 06:21:21 PM »
Yes, I get MASN.

My area is really oriented as a DC suburb, even though it's about the same distance to Balmer. It's more because of commuting patterns than anything.

Guess I'm just jealous of those not in DC/MD/VA who get to watch my Nats :) Welcome

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #386: March 20, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »
Saw someone out there called Bionic Elbow.

Can you let me know how you get one of those.  I get tendonitus sometimes in my elbow?

If he's got a bionic elbow, can he replace JP in the lineup?   ;)

Offline leinad

« Reply #387: April 01, 2008, 04:44:29 PM »
Hey everyone.  Seeing as how my account was finally approved, I figure I should introduce myself.

My name is Dan from Springfield, VA, although I am currently in Blacksburg finishing my last semester of college.  After that I'll be back home to start work and go to Nats games.  This is my first season actually following baseball for a long time.  I used to watch some Orioles games since they were the closest thing to a home team we had in Northern Virginia but I was never that into it.  Definitely into the Nationals now that Washington has a team and a beautiful stadium though.  Can't wait to check it out.

So yeah.  I've been spending the last several weeks reading up on Nats news and not doing homework in preparation for the new season.  Looking forward to a good one, although it does make me miss my Little League days.  :P

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #388: April 01, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
Welcome aboard, Dan from Springfield

That's an unusual last name you have there. I guess us mortals are to used to seeing names with "De", "De La" or "Van" in front... From is a new one for me, but darn if it doesn't sound too bad... It's different, that's for sure... wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #389: April 01, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
Hey everyone.  Seeing as how my account was finally approved, I figure I should introduce myself.

My name is Dan from Springfield, VA, although I am currently in Blacksburg finishing my last semester of college.  After that I'll be back home to start work and go to Nats games.  This is my first season actually following baseball for a long time.  I used to watch some Orioles games since they were the closest thing to a home team we had in Northern Virginia but I was never that into it.  Definitely into the Nationals now that Washington has a team and a beautiful stadium though.  Can't wait to check it out.

So yeah.  I've been spending the last several weeks reading up on Nats news and not doing homework in preparation for the new season.  Looking forward to a good one, although it does make me miss my Little League days.  :P

Sorry about the delay...  I personally approve new registrants manually in order to avoid spam registrants, and I sometimes get quite behind on it.  I plan to re-write a nearly fool-proof anti-spammer filter that I used to have installed in an older version of the forum, but I just haven't had the time.

Anyway the point is - Welcome! :)

Offline saltydad

« Reply #390: April 01, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »
Welcome aboard, Dan!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #391: April 01, 2008, 07:12:28 PM »
Welcome Dan!

If we have a tailgate, we'll have to have a Dan1 and Dan2.  (Is that anything like Dr. Seuss's Thing1 and Thing2?   ;)  ) Kimnat's Dan and and you!   :lol:

Offline leinad

« Reply #392: April 01, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Welcome aboard, Dan from Springfield

That's an unusual last name you have there. I guess us mortals are to used to seeing names with "De", "De La" or "Van" in front... From is a new one for me, but darn if it doesn't sound too bad... It's different, that's for sure... wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

There is one in every crowd, isn't there?

Sorry about the delay... 

Not a problem.  Glad to be a member now. :) 

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

natsfan1a

« Reply #393: April 02, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
Welcome!

Offline saltydad

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #395: April 07, 2008, 04:57:24 PM »
Well, it's been a while!

I registered I think a week before the season started, under a different username, but after several days of waiting, the admin turned my registration down.  :( So I tried to register again, using the same username, but again after about a week of waiting (by this time we were getting clobbered by the Cards) the admin turned me down again.  :(  So in a last-ditch effort I decided to be "houston-nat", since living a thousand miles away from the home team will probably get me a lot of sympathy here ... and now I can post!  :) My name's Brian, I'm from Houston but have previously lived in Indiana and Michigan, and I have been a Nationals fan since the very first game in DC. I had never had a baseball team - Indiana not exactly being home to a rich baseball tradition - and in my youngster days had rooted half-heartedly for the Indians, White Sox and Tigers (because they were from the region), Athletics (because they had nice colors) and Mets (because my friend liked them). But I visited Washington a week before the Nationals' first game, was excited by all of the spirit the city was showing at the time, and really felt like it was cool that the team was "starting over". So I became a Nationals fan ... which was an odd turnaround because I had always loved making fun of those silly Expos.

I've enjoyed the first season's thrill ride, haven't really enjoyed the last two  :D , and during spring training this year predicted to all my friends that Washington would go 85-77 and place third in the NL East. I'm still sticking to that.

And am glad to be here. Finally.  :)

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #396: April 07, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »
Welcome, houston-nat. Always nice to have fans from outside of the area.

bbq552

« Reply #397: April 07, 2008, 05:20:27 PM »
Hi I've been on for 3 days and have probably took the most critisizem for,spelling, grammar, and personal opinions lol.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #398: April 07, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
Welcome to you both. Expressing strong opinions here is the norm; you've found a home. :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #399: April 07, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »
Hi I've been on for 3 days and have probably took the most critisizem for,spelling, grammar, and personal opinions lol.

Relax, houston-nat is not going to be any competition for you in this area.  In fact, Metssuck had better start honing his game lest he be surpassed.