Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 414998 times)

Offline machpost

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #275: August 21, 2007, 09:52:15 AM »
I lurk here regularly, but because the Ballparkguys board seems to be broken more often than not lately, I've decided to register over here to get my Nats discussion fix.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #276: August 21, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »
Welcome machpost.  As long as you avoid Cuban politics and rooting too much for any one player, you'll be successful in negotiating the potential pitfalls and enjoy your time here.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #277: August 21, 2007, 12:57:30 PM »
Been around on the "other" board for awhile but have crossed over to WNFF after lurking.   It's good to "see" so many familiar faces.   Great discussions by NATS/baseball fans without the clutter of trolls.

Western PA born and bred.   Bucco fan originally (Clemente, Stuart, Maz, Doc ... yes even Barry and Bobby ... Law, Friend, Blass, Robertson, Hebner, Murtaugh, etc.).    Been in DC metro for over 35 years.   Saw the Sens in the summer of '71 while in the Army.    Great to have baseball back.   GO NATS !   GO STEELERS (oops sorry just habit).

Mitlen

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #278: August 21, 2007, 03:07:28 PM »
... Robertson...
Mitlen

That would be Bobby Robertson, from Mount Savage, Md.  My father's home town.  Good to see you here, Mitlen!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #279: August 22, 2007, 02:57:21 AM »
GO NATS !   GO STEELERS (oops sorry just habit).

Actually, we have a lot of Steeler fans on the board.

GO 49ERS!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #280: August 22, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
Hi Mitlen!!  Thanks for coming over!  It's great to "see" you!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #281: August 22, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »
Seriously? Because I grew up in the SFO Bay Area and I left my heart with the 49ERS. Joe Montana and Bill Walsh. Those were the days... (uh, should I duck now?)

I got into the Niners the same way you did-the history.  Although you were actually there :)

Now I'm a pretty big fan...subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the games.

natsfan1a

« Reply #282: August 22, 2007, 11:21:04 PM »
Cool 8)

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
« Reply #283: September 02, 2007, 01:56:31 PM »
Hey people. Originally from Fredericksburg, I'm currently a student at UVa-Wise. I haven't been able to see any games since classes started because we don't get MASN on the cable down here, but I follow the team pretty extensively so I'll probably have some good things to say.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #284: September 02, 2007, 02:38:35 PM »
I lurk here regularly, but because the Ballparkguys board seems to be broken more often than not lately, I've decided to register over here to get my Nats discussion fix.
hey Mach!

welcome to the home of semi-rational, non-Jpeg based discussion!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #285: September 03, 2007, 12:49:06 AM »
Hey people. Originally from Fredericksburg, I'm currently a student at UVa-Wise.

Hey!  Welcome.  By the way, is Carl's Frozen Custard still down in Fredericksburg?  I went there once with a friend.  Their ice cream is the best!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #286: September 03, 2007, 10:08:36 AM »
Hey people. Originally from Fredericksburg, I'm currently a student at UVa-Wise. I haven't been able to see any games since classes started because we don't get MASN on the cable down here, but I follow the team pretty extensively so I'll probably have some good things to say.

Hey, you know what you can do to "watch" the games?  Log on here and follow the gameday posts.  I've been known to do that sometimes, too.  You'll have to pardon some of our regulars who get really caught up in the action or lack there of.  But it's a great way to watch the game w/o being able to see it.

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
« Reply #287: September 03, 2007, 03:19:19 PM »
Hey!  Welcome.  By the way, is Carl's Frozen Custard still down in Fredericksburg?  I went there once with a friend.  Their ice cream is the best!

Most definitely. I heard from a friend that it was called the third best ice cream place in the country on some travel channel show or something.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #288: September 03, 2007, 07:07:29 PM »
I've seen a special on Public TV and on the Food network.  I think its the same special on Ice Cream and all the good places that serve it.  They go around the country to many of the Mom and Pop Ice Cream stores.  They did have Carls among the ones they visited.

Heavy sigh, Summer's over.  I'll have to go back sometime and get some.  MMMMMM  Carls!

natsfan1a

« Reply #289: September 06, 2007, 01:04:40 PM »
There's a series of documentaries that run periodically on public television -- I think the filmmaker is from Pennsylvania. The films feature roadside attractions, farmers markets, and specialty venues for foods like hot dogs, ice cream, and sandwiches. Anyway, Carls was highly rated on the ice cream episode. Yumm!!

I've seen a special on Public TV and on the Food network.  I think its the same special on Ice Cream and all the good places that serve it.  They go around the country to many of the Mom and Pop Ice Cream stores.  They did have Carls among the ones they visited.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #290: September 12, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
Hi, I'm Debbie Taylor (no connection to MASN's Debbi Taylor) and true to form, I'm showing up late for the party. I never paid attention to baseball until the Nats; my husband Brian claims dual citizenship (Nats-Red Sox). We share a season's ticket with another couple in section 318 in the infamous "obscured view" area. So if you've found us in your seats in a lower row so that we can see the scoreboard, my apologies. We're usually ousted by out-of-towners, though, since the 300s are the best they can do without breaking the bank. Our next game is 9/18. They have to win because it will be my birthday, one of those with a zero at the end....See you at the ballpark!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #291: September 12, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »
Welcome Debbie.

My partial Season Plan is in the 500s but you can see the entire field.  I can see the scoreboard except the line up is a little fuzzy.  Maybe its me.  I may need new glasses.

I also have friends in the 400 sections too.

What seats is your friend asking to be in next year?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #292: September 12, 2007, 12:59:50 PM »
Hi, I'm Debbie Taylor (no connection to MASN's Debbi Taylor) and true to form, I'm showing up late for the party.

Hey 2IPA's, welcome to the "other" side! 

400's forever, though I have friends in low places (1-200's) and even 500's.  Added CASGR8 to my stopover list at my last game, though we're running out of time to do our RFK traditional lap around the concourse.    :'(

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #293: September 12, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »
Hi, I'm Debbie Taylor (no connection to MASN's Debbi Taylor) and true to form, I'm showing up late for the party. I never paid attention to baseball until the Nats; my husband Brian claims dual citizenship (Nats-Red Sox). We share a season's ticket with another couple in section 318 in the infamous "obscured view" area. So if you've found us in your seats in a lower row so that we can see the scoreboard, my apologies. We're usually ousted by out-of-towners, though, since the 300s are the best they can do without breaking the bank. Our next game is 9/18. They have to win because it will be my birthday, one of those with a zero at the end....See you at the ballpark!

hi debbie,

welcome, i know you're not the real debbi taylor :-)! im actually good friends of hers and i know she is not a member here! so i can vouch for ya! :-)

again, welcome and if you come to the tailgate party, we might have 2 DT's at the tailgate!

again, welcome and better late than never!

there is always next year!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #294: September 12, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »
You were doing excellent until you confessed this little transgression:

my husband Brian claims dual citizenship (Nats-Red Sox).

:lol:

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #295: September 13, 2007, 07:17:20 AM »
I actually come from a very long line of Red Sox fans so I am used to their whiney ways.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #296: September 13, 2007, 09:19:36 AM »
Welcome to the party! ;)

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #297: September 13, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »
Hey 2IPA's, welcome to the "other" side! 

400's forever, though I have friends in low places (1-200's) and even 500's.  Added CASGR8 to my stopover list at my last game, though we're running out of time to do our RFK traditional lap around the concourse.    :'(

Hey Tom, my next game before the Tailgate is Sat the 15th.  However, I have to work that day, so I'll be running a little late.

nats fan in ny

« Reply #298: September 22, 2007, 11:57:56 AM »
my name is mike.i live in new york state and have been a nats fan for many years.thanks for having me

natsfan1a

« Reply #299: September 22, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »
Welcome, Mike!