Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415019 times)

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2550: February 13, 2015, 09:59:00 PM »
Have been a member since 2011 when I was just a sophomore at the University of Kentucky, but haven't posted in about a year and a half due to a really busy life now, Army officer, etc.

Still as loyal and dedicated a fan as ever, and lived and died with every pitch last season, just didn't have the time to post (usually listened to Charlie and Dave while working). Stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri and representing the Nats in every way possible here. 6 days until baseball is back (kind of!) Anyways looking forward to posting more again hopefully.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2551: February 13, 2015, 10:01:26 PM »
Have been a member since 2011 when I was just a sophomore at the University of Kentucky, but haven't posted in about a year and a half due to a really busy life now, Army officer, etc.

Still as loyal and dedicated a fan as ever, and lived and died with every pitch last season, just didn't have the time to post (usually listened to Charlie and Dave while working). Stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri and representing the Nats in every way possible here. 6 days until baseball is back (kind of!) Anyways looking forward to posting more again hopefully.

Welcome back.   MOS?   The missus was at Leonard Wood in the 80s.    She calls it "lost in the woods".   :)

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2552: February 13, 2015, 10:13:18 PM »
Appreciate it! And 31A. 2nd LT in the MP Corps. And yes, it is indeed lost in the woods. Not the ideal place for a young 22 year old, haha. Making the most of it though, and truly loving my job so all is not lost!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2553: February 13, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »
Appreciate it! And 31A. 2nd LT in the MP Corps. And yes, it is indeed lost in the woods. Not the ideal place for a young 22 year old, haha. Making the most of it though, and truly loving my job so all is not lost!

Calipari is a Pittsburgh boy so somewhere deep in the recesses, I like KY.   :)    Ever visit Ft. Gordon?

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2554: February 13, 2015, 10:34:48 PM »
I have not. Had a buddy who was a cav scout that was stationed there. Said it wasn't too bad. Only other post I've been at long-term besides here is Fort Lewis, WA which blows this place out of the water.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2555: February 13, 2015, 10:39:01 PM »
I have not. Had a buddy who was a cav scout that was stationed there. Said it wasn't too bad. Only other post I've been at long-term besides here is Fort Lewis, WA which blows this place out of the water.

Ft. Lewis   ...  my out-laws (:)) live in Puyallup, WA.    FIL loves McChord for retired military medical services.    He's retired Navy and was a starter at the golf course at McChord.   I worked for a guy who did his AIT at Gordon.   One of my buddies was signal corps at Gordon.   I did my AIT at the old North Fort at Polk.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #2556: February 17, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
Ft. Lewis   ...  my out-laws (:)) live in Puyallup, WA.    FIL loves McChord for retired military medical services.    He's retired Navy and was a starter at the golf course at McChord.   I worked for a guy who did his AIT at Gordon.   One of my buddies was signal corps at Gordon.   I did my AIT at the old North Fort at Polk.

My son and daughter-in-law finished their "contracts" in 2009 and 2008. They also call that place "Fort Lost-in-the-Woods". She was a regular, stationed at Ft Hood...the biggest base I've ever seen. Son trained at Ft Lewis before deploying with a unit from Louisiana. "Re-deployed" back to Ft Polk: says that Hood makes Ft Polk look like a place "in an advanced state of decay".

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2557: February 17, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »
My son and daughter-in-law finished their "contracts" in 2009 and 2008. They also call that place "Fort Lost-in-the-Woods". She was a regular, stationed at Ft Hood...the biggest base I've ever seen. Son trained at Ft Lewis before deploying with a unit from Louisiana. "Re-deployed" back to Ft Polk: says that Hood makes Ft Polk look like a place "in an advanced state of decay".

I've read (mindfact?) that all the barracks, etc. at the North Fort are gone.    We had the old WWII barracks at Polk (when we were allowed to stay in them :) ).       My uncle was a tanker with Patton and he was at Polk before heading to Europe.    Probably shovelin' crap.    :)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #2558: February 17, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »
I've read (mindfact?) that all the barracks, etc. at the North Fort are gone.    We had the old WWII barracks at Polk (when we were allowed to stay in them :) ).       My uncle was a tanker with Patton and he was at Polk before heading to Europe.    Probably shoevlin' crap.    :)

I'll ask my son what he remembers of Ft Polk, but his unit arrived there and left the next morning for a Reserve center in Baton Rouge where the families were waiting. Incidentally, his unit trained with MP's at Ft Lewis because their job was to explain, to journalists and NATO political leaders, what the MP's were doing.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #2559: February 18, 2015, 09:12:03 AM »

"Fort Lost in the Woods" has been the name for Ft Leonard Wood since Christ was a Corporal

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2560: February 23, 2015, 03:38:30 PM »
Galah - there is quite a resemblance between your avatar and the real you

"Fort Lost in the Woods" has been the name for Ft Leonard Wood since Christ was a Corporal

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #2561: February 24, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »
Galah - there is quite a resemblance between your avatar and the real you

I inspire people ;-)

Offline tswphoto

• Sitting out the wave.
« Reply #2562: February 27, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »
Hi.  I like the Nats.  Sometimes I like to take photos.  I already have Slateman on ignore. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2563: February 27, 2015, 09:44:31 AM »
I already have Slateman on ignore.

:spit:

Welcome...   :thumbs:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2564: February 27, 2015, 12:34:17 PM »
Hi.  I like the Nats.  Sometimes I like to take photos.  I already have Slateman on ignore

New guy is awesome.

Offline whytev

« Reply #2565: February 27, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »
Hi.  I like the Nats.  Sometimes I like to take photos.  I already have Slateman on ignore.

You were even faster than me!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #2566: February 27, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2567: February 27, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
 :lmao:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2568: February 27, 2015, 02:00:38 PM »
Just Slate?  The list will grow

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2569: February 27, 2015, 07:06:11 PM »
:lmao:

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #2570: April 03, 2015, 10:21:19 PM »
Why isn't my avatar showing?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2571: April 03, 2015, 10:41:11 PM »

Reported this, we'll find out.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2572: April 04, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »

It may have something to do with "Balt" in your username.     :stir:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #2573: April 05, 2015, 05:45:40 PM »

According to your user profile, you've chosen "No avatar".  If you have something in mind, you're welcome to link it to me here and I'll make it your avatar.  You can also give it another shot youself if you'd like by clicking "Profile" at the top of the page, then selecting "Forum Profile" on the left-hand side and choosing an avatar via any of the methods shown:

Offline Rich-L

« Reply #2574: April 06, 2015, 10:37:52 PM »
Cheers all!

Rich-L here. Big Nats fan and have lived in the DC area for 15 years now. Grew up on Montreal with Dawson, Carter, Rogers, Raines, etc.... Spent many a summer night of my youth at the Big Owe. Was THRILLED to have the Expos move to my new hometown, as obviously that situation was untenable. Looking for a fun board to talk Nats, avoid the MLB board trolls, and have some fun.

Rich