Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 414910 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #250: August 09, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Hey Bryan, welcome to the fan forum.  Last night, sitting in 213, every young lemonade vendor I saw, I was wondering if it was you.  Maybe you should wear some secret identifying article of clothing, so that members of our community here will know you are one of "ours". 

Such as a gorilla suit...

Offline LeonidasNats311

« Reply #251: August 13, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Next time I am there I will be wearing a Nationals jersey with a girl that has curly hair sort of like the hair "Annie" or "Curly Top" had. (my little sister). I won't be working though seeing as they are being complicated.

Offline DCPSR

• DC Pro Sports Report
« Reply #252: August 14, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »
Hi folks, Nats fan from south central PA.  Am co-Admin at both hailRedskins.com and DCProSportsReport.com.  This is great to have a high quality Nats forum out there because they aren't that many.  Looking forward to talking Nats with you all. 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #253: August 14, 2007, 11:01:49 AM »
Hi folks, Nats fan from south central PA.  Am co-Admin at both hailRedskins.com and DCProSportsReport.com.  This is great to have a high quality Nats forum out there because they aren't that many.  Looking forward to talking Nats with you all. 

Does this mean you get to see Amish Baseball?

Offline saltydad

« Reply #254: August 14, 2007, 03:35:18 PM »

Welcome DCPSR! Looking forward to your contributions.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #255: August 14, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »
Does this mean you get to see Amish Baseball?
(Image removed from quote.)

That is a CLASSIC pic!

mitchul

« Reply #256: August 15, 2007, 08:39:43 PM »
Hello to all,

I'm Mitch from Newport News and well, I'm a Nats fan.  And this sounds like the intro to an AA meeting.  I'm also a DC United fan so I spend a lot of time at ol' RFK.  And I'm listening to the Nats v. Phillies right now while Church hits a homer into the upper deck.  Not a bad time to post my first message on wnff.net! 

See ya!
Mitchell 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #257: August 15, 2007, 10:14:03 PM »
Hi Mitch!

So, do you catch any Tides games?  Maybe the Tides will play Columbus!  That would be sooo cool!   8)

Welcome to the board.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #258: August 16, 2007, 03:26:59 AM »
Welcome Mitch. My name is Saltydad and I'm a Natsaholic.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #259: August 16, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »
Hi Mitch,
Ali the Baseball Cat and I are big D.C. United fans as well (and so is Old Chelsea), we're there every game. If you make it up to D.C. for a game let us know, our support group has awesome tailgates and would be very welcoming of another DCU fan.

Welcome to the WNFF, glad to have you!

natsfan1a

« Reply #260: August 16, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »
Welcome, Mitch!

Zimtheman5693

« Reply #261: August 19, 2007, 04:35:06 PM »
I'm kyle. i am 14 years old and am a huge zimmerman and nats fan. But hey, who isnt. I am also a diehard 'Skins fan. This is an awesome forum, and i am glad to be in it

BTW, Saltydad is my uncle and im proud he is

Offline saltydad

« Reply #262: August 19, 2007, 04:41:59 PM »
I'm kyle. i am 14 years old and am a huge zimmerman and nats fan. But hey, who isnt. I am also a diehard 'Skins fan. This is an awesome forum, and i am glad to be in it

BTW, Saltydad is my uncle

BTW the pic I posted a while ago of NJ taking a throw at 1st is by Kyle, oops, by Zimtheman! Welcome, and the rest of the board should know that he is really knowledgable about both the Nats and the Skins. His dad is my "baby" brother.

Zimtheman5693

« Reply #263: August 19, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »
BTW the pic I posted a while ago of NJ taking a throw at 1st is by Kyle, oops, by Zimtheman! Welcome, and the rest of the board should know that he is really knowledgable about both the Nats and the Skins. His dad is my "baby" brother.

Yeah my neighbor got me really good seats. Right behind home plate!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #264: August 19, 2007, 09:29:15 PM »

BTW, Saltydad is my uncle and im proud he is

Hey, welcome Zimtheman.  What's up with the 5693, is that your ATM Pin #?   :lol:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #265: August 19, 2007, 09:51:28 PM »
Looks like his birthdate.  Welcome about both of you!  And yes, Salty is a gem here!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #266: August 19, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »
At one of the future tailgates, maybe zimtheman5693 should be introduced to iluvryanzimmerman.   :roll: 

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #267: August 19, 2007, 11:07:47 PM »
At one of the future tailgates, maybe zimtheman5693 should be introduced to iluvryanzimmerman.   :roll: 

Ohhh, that's cold :lol:

natsfan1a

« Reply #268: August 20, 2007, 10:15:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I agree re. Salty, too!

And yes, Salty is a gem here!

Zimtheman5693

« Reply #269: August 20, 2007, 02:59:59 PM »
Hey, welcome Zimtheman.  What's up with the 5693, is that your ATM Pin #?   :lol:

it's my birthday.

http://www.scopesys.com/cgi-bin/today2.cgi
my day in history

As for "iluvryanzimmerman", i think zimmerman is cool but he is not the best player. Maybe the best 3B in the NL though :)

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #270: August 20, 2007, 05:23:31 PM »
it's my birthday. As for "iluvryanzimmerman", i think zimmerman is cool but he is not the best player. Maybe the best 3B in the NL though :)

Based on CBS Sportsline Head-to-Head fantasy baseball scoring, Zimmerman is surpassed at 3B in the NL by: David Wright NYM, Miguel Cabrera FLA, Chipper Jones ATL, and Garrett Atkins COL.  If you look at just the last 28 days, Zimm is also surpassed in NL 3B by red-hot rookie Ryan Braun MIL (who is tied with Wright as the best 3B in the NL for that period.)  I've had Chipper Jones and Ryan Braun starting (one as utility), with Zimmerman on the bench.  Chipper did miss time injured, as he usually does each year, which made it hard to consider trading Zimm (since Braun didn't start until May 25th.  I think Braun walks away with the Rookie of the Year Award.)

BTW... a belated...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #271: August 20, 2007, 05:28:34 PM »
Funny how n2p drafted Zimmerman first, he serves as a bench player, yet he's still in first.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #272: August 20, 2007, 06:05:10 PM »
Funny how n2p drafted Zimmerman first, he serves as a bench player, yet he's still in first.

I passed up on some really good players to draft Zimm first!  Zimmerman slumped in the beginning of the season, the last two years.  He's actually my top point-getter for the last 21 days.  (He doesn't sit on the bench in real life; just my team - Chipper Jones has outscored Zimm almost every week.)  You're the only H2H contender who's weak at 3rd base.  I'd probably want a good starting pitcher, like Kelvim Escobar, maybe Wainwright or Lilly, to part with Zimm.  If Jones gets hurt, I now have Braun (who knew he'd be superman?)  My rookie phenom pitcher, Gallardo, has apparently been figured out by MLB hitters.  I was too chicken to start him this week, but I am facing the weakest team in our whole league.

No trades can be made at all this season, after the trade deadline of 11:59 PM ET 8/23/07.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #273: August 20, 2007, 11:35:54 PM »
Me, weak at third base?  I have Aramis Ramirez, who is offensively much better than Zimm.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #274: August 20, 2007, 11:51:07 PM »
Me, weak at third base?  I have Aramis Ramirez, who is offensively much better than Zimm.

Blasphemy! ....even if it is true this season. :)