Author Topic: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 2  (Read 14521 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Nationals vs Brewers, Game 2
« Topic Start: April 17, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »
  @  
4-6 (5th/NL Central)     5-5 (4th/NL East)

Saturday, April 17 | 1:05 pm
MASN HD | 1500 AM

Nationals Park (41,888)

Milwaukee Brewers (4-6)
2B Weeks
SS Counsell
LF Braun
1B Fielder
3B McGehee
CF Edmonds
RF Hart
C Kottaras

SP Wolf (1-0, 4.05)

Washington Nationals (5-5, 4-5 in NL East)
CF Morgan
2B Guzman
3B Zimmerman
1B Dunn
LF Willingham
SS Desmond
C Rodriguez
RF Maxwell

SP Hernandez (1-0, 0.00)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals vs Brewers, Game 2
« Reply #1: April 17, 2010, 10:44:01 AM »
cherry picker :P

Also the only non-consecutive repeat-poster :stir:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2: April 17, 2010, 10:44:58 AM »
cherry picker :P

haha no i did stammen's start the other night which i thought we would lose.  and besides if i were a cherry picker i would've started yesterday's thread 8)

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #3: April 17, 2010, 11:11:47 AM »
Did anybody who went to last night's game realize that there was an inordinate amount of Red Sox fans at the game? In the section I sat it, there were more Pedroia/Ellsbury Jerseys and Red Sox hats than there were Nats gear. I hope that it wasn't Stan Kasten's plan to let Red Sox fans invade Nats Park in a game that doesn't involve the Sox.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #4: April 17, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »
Did anybody who went to last night's game realize that there was an inordinate amount of Red Sox fans at the game? In the section I sat it, there were more Pedroia/Ellsbury Jerseys and Red Sox hats than there were Nats gear. I hope that it wasn't Stan Kasten's plan to let Red Sox fans invade Nats Park in a game that doesn't involve the Sox.

haha no matter what game/stadium you go to, you'll see an absurd amount of sawx fans.  went to dodger stadium two years ago for a nats-dodgers game, there were sawx hats there.  for a royals-orioles game ... sawx fan.  they are all over the place.

we have a better record than those bastards though!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #5: April 17, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »

Maybe they're all Sox fans who have the Nats as their favorite NL teams (like JCA).  Or probably more likely, just people who don't own any other baseball wear.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: April 17, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
To those who are going - beware of Metrorail track work: http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4413

Trains will share one track on the Red, Blue, Orange and Green lines
Customers can expect lengthy delays of up to 40 minutes this weekend (April 16-18) as old track components are replaced on the Red, Blue, Orange and Green lines, causing inbound and outbound trains to take turns sharing one track on portions of the rail system.

Riders planning to take the Red, Blue, Orange or Green lines to area sports events this weekend should add up to 40 minutes to their travel times. The Washington Nationals play at Nationals Park on April 16, 17, and 18, the Washington Capitals play at the Verizon Center on April 17, and the DC United play at RFK Stadium on April 17.

Orange and Blue Line Switch Replacement

Metrorail customers traveling between the Court House and Foggy Bottom Metrorail stations on the Orange Line, and between the Arlington Cemetery and Foggy Bottom Metrorail stations on the Blue Line should expect lengthy delays this weekend and add at least 40 minutes to their travel time because Metro will be installing a new rail switch at the Rosslyn Metrorail station. A switch is an intersection of the track, where trains can “switch” from one track to another, depending on their destination and route. Trains will share the same track between these locations from 10 p.m. Friday, April 16, to closing (midnight) on Sunday, April 18.

Throughout the entire weekend, all Blue and Orange Line trains will depart approximately every 20 minutes from the Largo Town Center, Franconia-Springfield, New Carrollton and Vienna/Fairfax-GMU Metrorail stations. For people traveling between the Rosslyn and Stadium-Armory Metrorail stations, trains will operate approximately every 10 minutes.

Red Line Track Upgrades

Metrorail customers traveling between the Medical Center and Friendship Heights Metrorail stations should expect lengthy delays this weekend and should add at least 30 minutes to their travel time because Metro will replace aging rail fasteners with new ones to stabilize tracks in that area of the Red Line. Trains will share one track between these locations from 10 p.m. Friday, April 16, to closing (midnight) on Sunday, April 18.

Throughout the weekend, all Red Line trains will depart approximately every 20 minutes from the Shady Grove Metrorail station. To help expedite rail travel into downtown Washington, every other Red Line train traveling toward the Shady Grove Metrorail station will terminate at the Friendship Heights Metrorail station and will return to the Glenmont Metrorail station. For people traveling between the Friendship Heights and Glenmont Metrorail stations, trains will operate approximately every 10 minutes.

Green Line Rail Replacement

Metrorail customers traveling between the College Park-U of Md and Greenbelt Metrorail stations should expect delays this weekend and should add at least 20 minutes to their travel time because Metro will be welding new rail on the tracks in that area to replace an old stretch of track. Trains will share one track between these locations on Saturday, April 17, and Sunday, April 18, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #7: April 17, 2010, 11:26:19 AM »
IMO, switch Rodriguez and Guzman and that's the best lineup we could have given our current roster.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #8: April 17, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »
IMO, switch Rodriguez and Guzman and that's the best lineup we could have given our current roster.

I agree.  Especially with the way both are swinging right now. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #9: April 17, 2010, 11:35:10 AM »
Kennedy just had a day off and he's been swinging it really well lately.  Would have liked to seen him back in there.

Also, this is probably the least scary lineup we've faced all year.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #10: April 17, 2010, 11:37:25 AM »
Scott Brown taking out his staff?

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #11: April 17, 2010, 11:37:50 AM »

I didn't notice that but I have seen it before.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: April 17, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
Nah, they all had clothes on.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #13: April 17, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »

It was kind of weird since it seemed to me like they were from Boston. I hope that they didn't come down from Boston to watch this game. If I had to bet, they were from some DC Private school who just happens to have a lot of Sox fans.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #14: April 17, 2010, 11:44:38 AM »
It was kind of weird since it seemed to me like they were from Boston. I hope that they didn't come down from Boston to watch this game. If I had to bet, they were from some DC Private school who just happens to have a lot of Sox fans.

there's plenty of sox fan in this area ... all areas.  trust me i've been to other ballparks that have no affiliation to boston whatsoever and there'd be a hundred sox fan there.

i have some friends at work who love the sawx but like going to nats games because they like baseball and they are beginning to like this team (oh who would've thought boston fans like winners/bandwagons).  8)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #15: April 17, 2010, 11:58:38 AM »
Watching Nats Xtra again from last night (when they were lining up to shake hands) ... you could tell these guys are pumped and loving this team/the chemistry. 

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #16: April 17, 2010, 12:28:01 PM »
EdStroud not worth knowing trivia;

Ex-National back-up catcher Gary Bennett
Born: April 17, 1972 in Waukegan, IL

G    PA    AB    R    H   2B  3B   HR   RBI
13 Seasons  587 1876 1690 141 408  74  3    22   192

Happy Birthday Gary   

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #17: April 17, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »
good to see zim back in the starting line-up and over @ the hot corner

:az:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18: April 17, 2010, 01:08:12 PM »
Hammondsnats - against a lefty like wolf, I'd put Desmond #2. 

I'm guessing that Willingham might also be a good #2.  Kind of like Nick with pop.  I'd like to get him to the plate more times than he can as a #5. 

After playing with the Musings optmizer a couple time this week, I have a hunch it would spit out:
Dunn
Willingham
Rodriguez (if you use 2007/ 2008 hitting)
Zimmeman
Desmond
Guzman
Maxwell
Livo
Morgan

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #19: April 17, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »
lol, not a very consistent strike zone, but at least he punched him out

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #20: April 17, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
Hammondsnats - against a lefty like wolf, I'd put Desmond #2. 

I'm guessing that Willingham might also be a good #2.  Kind of like Nick with pop.  I'd like to get him to the plate more times than he can as a #5. 

After playing with the Musings optmizer a couple time this week, I have a hunch it would spit out:
Dunn
Willingham
Rodriguez (if you use 2007/ 2008 hitting)
Zimmeman
Desmond
Guzman
Maxwell
Livo
Morgan

Guzman's numbers in his career are better against LHP.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #21: April 17, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »
Good first for Livo!

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #22: April 17, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »
Anyone get a good read on the wind?  Looks like it is blowing in from LF to me...

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #23: April 17, 2010, 01:14:59 PM »
Anyone get a good read on the wind?  Looks like it is blowing in from LF to me...

its blowing in from leftfield into center it looks like.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #24: April 17, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
Tuning in soon... don't blow it, Nats.