Author Topic: Teddy will finally win....  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Gleason2

Teddy will finally win....
« Topic Start: September 04, 2012, 07:23:33 AM »
...at the first home game after the Nats clinch the NL East.  That's my prediction.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Re: Teddy will finally win....
« Reply #1: September 04, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »
Ah I was going to think sometime in the postseason, but your prediction might be right :)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2: September 04, 2012, 07:36:05 AM »
Have your fun!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #3: September 04, 2012, 07:51:07 AM »
...   and when it happens, Teddy should come out alone ...   run alone   ...   triumph alone.    The crowd should give him a standing ovation.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #4: September 04, 2012, 08:07:23 AM »
I thought the guy in charge of the races already said that Teddy will never win because he lacks discipline, or am I misremembering?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #5: September 04, 2012, 08:10:24 AM »
Even if Teddy went rogue and won, they'd just DQ him anyways. Can't kill the real reason fans come to the game, or so the Nats PR folks seem to think.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #6: September 04, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »
Even if Teddy went rogue and won, they'd just DQ him anyways. Can't kill the real reason fans come to the game, or so the Nats PR folks seem to think.
As much as I hate to say it because I think it's such a dumb premise to have Teddy always lose, I do think that if the four presidents won about equally people would care a lot less about the event.  Nobody here ever posts anything about the "fan of the game" event, for example, or the hot-dog throwing contest.  That said, there's a really good argument to be made that people shouldn't care about the event any more than any of the other ridiculous between-inning amusements--they're only there to while away the time until the mandatory commercial breaks are over and we can get back to what we actually came to see.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #7: September 04, 2012, 08:17:33 AM »
I'm a baseball fan and a nats fan, I understand people have kids and stuff but I hate crap like the presidents race

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #8: September 04, 2012, 08:41:30 AM »
I have a regular seat-mate who says 'I am so over this Presidents Race' and routinely schedules a potty-break for that time.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #9: September 04, 2012, 08:57:41 AM »
I have a regular seat-mate who says 'I am so over this Presidents Race' and routinely schedules a potty-break for that time.

Must be nice to be able to schedule such matters.   :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #10: September 04, 2012, 09:00:42 AM »
Even if Teddy went rogue and won, they'd just DQ him anyways.

Right, like that time at RFK when he came down a zip line from the roof.  DQ.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #11: September 04, 2012, 09:17:17 AM »
...at the first home game after the Nats clinch the NL East.  That's my prediction.

...and then when we lose in the post season we can all blame Teddy...the curse of Teddy we can call it...perhaps Teddy-gate would be better for this town, but nonetheless, Teddy should NOT win this year. Have him come out of Spring training with no gut, looking more like the real Roosevelt, and DOMINATE next year, but they've dug too big of a hole to just suddenly change the theme.

Teddy can continue to lose for all I care, we should be cheering for real winners, Lincoln and Washington have been battling for first place lately, get behind a winner DC!!!

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #12: September 04, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
I think your instincts are good on this, gleason. I don't know about that particular game but I sense it's coming soon.

Too bad because I think the event brings such joy to so many people at the park. Most are in on the joke and laugh along, especially the kids and the not so, uh, focused fan. But the event will still be popular, especially if Teddy continues to be the underdog and win only once in a while.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #13: September 04, 2012, 09:41:53 AM »
Why is a badass president like Teddy made into a mockery by the Nats? Why couldn't it be one of our worst presidents like Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, LBJ, or Bush?

Offline Hondo

« Reply #14: September 04, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »
I have bad news guys.  My brother-in-law is a "secret service" guy that walks around with the president, makes props and sometimes even races.  He actually one of the president that went up to espn and did the race on sports nations.

He says the head guy thinks teddy losing is a genius idea and is convinced that the race will never be the same once he wins.....teddy is not going to win fellas.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #15: September 04, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »
I hope they save Teddy winning for an important playoff game.  I feel like the energy that would give the crowd would be insane. 

Offline Fan037

« Reply #16: September 04, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »
I'm a baseball fan and a nats fan, I understand people have kids and stuff but I hate crap like the presidents race

I love the race!  I even bought a Nationals' shirt with the four racers on the front.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #17: September 04, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
Why is a badass president like Teddy made into a mockery by the Nats? Why couldn't it be one of our worst presidents like Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, LBJ, or Bush?

The four presidents are the ones on Mount Rushmore.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #18: September 04, 2012, 10:15:52 AM »
The four presidents are the ones on Mount Rushmore.

So don't make one of the badass presidents into a carrtoon. No one would care if they replaced Teddy with a fool like Woodrow Wilson.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #19: September 04, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »

Seriously. The truth is that the real Theodore Roosevelt could outrace all four of those mascots, box all four of them to the ground, and then murder them with judo moves. While President, he used to regularly trash the Oval Office by having macho friends bring giant sticks over to beat each other up with giant sticks and accidentally wreck the furniture.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #20: September 04, 2012, 10:18:05 AM »
Seriously. The truth is that the real Theodore Roosevelt could outrace all four of those mascots, box all four of them to the ground, and then murder them with judo moves. While President, he used to regularly trash the Oval Office by having macho friends bring giant sticks over to beat each other up with giant sticks and accidentally wreck the furniture.

They say Lincoln and Washington were some bad assed dudes.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #21: September 04, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
They say Lincoln and Washington were some bad assed dudes.

Lincoln was noted for his wrestling ability.  Washington was a hardened outdoorsman who spent half his life exploring, surveying, and fighting injuns in appalachia.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #22: September 04, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »
Injuns?

Lollers

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #23: September 04, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »
Right, like that time at RFK when he came down a zip line from the roof.  DQ.

Which would have been funnier if the top of the inning hadn't taken so darn long that everyone in the ballpark had already spotted him up there, such that the joke was spoiled.

Edited to add: Opening Day 2007, BTW. I have some pictures of that incident and here's one of them. Notice up above the foul pole.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #24: September 04, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
Actually the current home series would be appropriate...the real Teddy was President when the Cubs won their last World Series in 1908.