Author Topic: NFL Thread (2012-13)  (Read 53523 times)

Offline PC

Re: NFL Thread (2012)
« Reply #100: March 10, 2012, 12:10:59 AM »
This price is precisely the reason why I was calling for losing games at the end of the season!  >:(

What did beating the Seahawks and Giants accomplish for us...other than giving up three first round picks and a second round pick to move up four spots?   :|

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #101: March 10, 2012, 12:17:54 AM »
Oh my, not this argument.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #102: March 10, 2012, 01:04:25 AM »
It's a second rounder for this year! They are going to have to come up huge in FA to compensate for this.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #103: March 10, 2012, 01:12:29 AM »
It's a second rounder for this year! They are going to have to come up huge in FA to compensate for this.

Word. Still I'm all in on RG3! #superbowl

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #104: March 10, 2012, 02:28:26 AM »
When was the last time the Redskins struck gold on anything???  :?

Kerrigan

Offline spidernat

« Reply #105: March 10, 2012, 06:46:28 AM »
There's no way moving up 4 spots should cost two additional first rounders and a second rounder. They gave up one first rounder too many but when it comes to trades and draft picks this organization willingly spreads cheeks to facilitate deeper penetration.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #106: March 10, 2012, 07:24:27 AM »
There's a reason I went from a hardcore Redskin fan to now just sitting back, laughing. And actually enjoying their clusterfreaks. This is it, and Dan Snyder as owner, and finally, good old Shanny and his moron son as O coach. This is retarded. I get they wanted the QB, and needed him. But they had the 6th, 6th!!!! Overall pick. And traded not for the first, but the second. Four picks difference. And for that we lose TWO more first rounders, AND a second round? Wtf? What happens when we suck again this year and we end up giving St. Louis a nice #2 or 3 pick a couple more years? This debilitated the team, costing three first round picks AND a second round pick for four freaking picks? I mean come on. Based as you may want a player, bad as you may need him, use some freaking common sense.

Even if we had a 23rd or worse pick this year, that is a damn steep price. But number six? Jesus dids the Rams see us coming and fleece us or what? I can't believe they had the nerve to say, hey, you agreed to give us three first round picks for four spots lower if a pick, but we want your second rounder this year too. This is the reason this team is an epic failure, a comedic joke that makes fans cry, and just plain retarded. You're crippling the teams near future for a four pick difference. If the Rams don't accept a reasonable deal, you bite down, accept your loss, realize you ain't getting the QB you wanted and instead look forward to three likely high first round picks for the next three years and a fourth pick in the second this year. The talent we lose just isn't worth it... well, I say we, but I mean they. I'm at a point where I'm rooting for them to fail, just so Danny boy can go suck a big you know what. But I don't think they need me rooting for them to fail, looks like they've got that part down pretty damn well.

Jesus, didn't this team learn their lesson the past decade, both from fan reaction to never having any draft picks above the 139th round and the fact the team has sucked, continues to suck, and most analysts point to a lack of young, developed talent acquired via the draft? What an epic clusterfreak this team is, has been, and always will be with Danny Boy at the reigns. Losers even when they try to fill their big, epic gaping hole. No other team in the NFL gives up three first round picks and a second to go from 6th overall to 2nd, unless its the second coming of Stras or Harper, which this guy doesn't even remotely sound like. A possibly above average QB, or just as possibly another epic fail for a Redskin QB. The only certain thing is that they were just raped out of a hell of a lot of talent in the next half of a decade. /rant over

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #107: March 10, 2012, 07:47:31 AM »
All I have to say is get ready to put me on ignore if this fails to work out.

EDIT: I really like RGIII but unless he takes them to the Super Bowl this is only going to end in disaster.

Online blue911

« Reply #108: March 10, 2012, 08:32:57 AM »
I like the move.

Fortes fortuna adiuvat

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #109: March 10, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »
Potential franchise QBs don't come around every year, so they paid the price to move up to get one. Don't look at the difference between a 6 and a 2, look at the difference between RG3 and whoever they could have had at 6.  If you believe RG is another Newton or Vick, the price isn't that exhorbitant.

Online blue911

« Reply #110: March 10, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »
Potential franchise QBs don't come around every year, so they paid the price to move up to get one. Don't look at the difference between a 6 and a 2, look at the difference between RG3 and whoever they could have had at 6.  If you believe RG is another Newton or Vick, the price isn't that exhorbitant.

It also defines what style of offense the Redskins are going to run. Stop the revolving door of different offensive philosophies/schemes the team as seemingly embraced over the past decade.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #111: March 10, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »
Potential franchise QBs don't come around every year

Yes they do, there is always at least one guy in every draft that gets labeled a franchise qb, this draft had two. We can now forget about drafting a top WR CB or RT (all positions of need) for the next three years and we can forget about a replacement for Landry who can step in immediately next year. If RG3 busts, the new horizon to draft a qb is 2015- this moved reeks of desperation by Shanny and easily tops any Vinny trade

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #112: March 10, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »
That's just too much to give up, even if it does get you RGIII. If he turns out to be another Akili Smith, this deal goes down as one of the all-time worst.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #113: March 10, 2012, 09:26:27 AM »
Best argument in favor by al micheals- the next two first rounders will be at least in the bottom half and probably the bottom third :lmao:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #114: March 10, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
Best argument in favor by al micheals- the next two first rounders will be at least in the bottom half and probably the bottom third :lmao:

But will RGIII learn the crapihan's "System®" in time?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #115: March 10, 2012, 09:46:38 AM »
And for that we lose TWO more first rounders, AND a second round? Wtf? What happens when we suck again this year and we end up giving St. Louis a nice #2 or 3 pick a couple more years? This debilitated the team, costing three first round picks AND a second round pick for four freaking picks? I mean come on. Based as you may want a player, bad as you may need him, use some freaking common sense.

I think this is the key.   You're giving this up to a team that has 1) a decent QB in place and 2) has a chance to beat you in the NFC tourney.    Giving it to the Colts/Browns is one thing but St. Louis?   Plus, if the Cards get Manning, the 'skins will be in the crap hole forever.   The Giants aren't gonna be much weaker defensively, Philly and Dallas are staying put and you're going to give this up to a team in the NFC  for an unproven college player ... player of the year or not.   Cross your fingers 'skins' fans.    If GIII ain't it, you're freaked 'til 2020.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #116: March 10, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »
I really like RGIII and he seems like a great person that I really want to see succeed (my hatred for the FORESKINZ notwithstanding), but this is going to end in disaster.  crapihan bought himself some more time since "it will take RGIII a while to learn 'The System®'", but other than RGIII who do the FORESKINZ have as offensive weapons? 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #117: March 10, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
From the talk were getting colston and Jackson, but it's ok because they're going to come on the cheap

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #118: March 10, 2012, 10:19:13 AM »
From the talk were getting colston and Jackson, but it's ok because they're going to come on the cheap

DeSean "Action" Jackson?  Sounds like fun...

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #119: March 10, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »
Vincent Jackson.

Online blue911

« Reply #120: March 10, 2012, 10:28:57 AM »

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Offline Rasta

« Reply #122: March 10, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
We won't know whether it was worth it until down the road.  All the hand wringing won't mean anything if he is the franchise QB.  If he's a stud, it's well worth it.  If he sucks, the Skins are the same place they were yesterday, at the bottom of the NFC East. 

Bill Polian said on the NFL-N that Luck & RGIII were the two best QB prospects he's seen since Peyton came out of UT.  He said he would do what it takes to get either one.  Cleveland was apparently willing to give up the same things so it's all about what the market will pay. 

Only time will tell if it's worth it. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #123: March 10, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
That's just too much to give up, even if it does get you RGIII. If he turns out to be another Akili Smith, this deal goes down as one of the all-time worst.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #124: March 10, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »
To punctuate this blunder:

"With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL draft the Washington Redskins select, Matt Kalil, OT, USC."  :crackup: