Author Topic: 2011 Post Draft Discussion / Signing Watch  (Read 73212 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Bauer signed by d backs for 7 million according to MLB trade rumors- the gate is open, can we please announce some overslot signings now
This. Rizzo sucks

Offline NatsGM

Shameless plug, but my website NatsGM just published an interview with Chris Crawford and he frankly discusses the 2011 Nats draft class...  thanks for reading if you are interested and apologies for the noise if you are not-

http://natsgm.com/2011/07/25/interview-with-chris-crawford-from-mlb-draft-insider-about-the-2011-nationals-draft/

Offline d_mc_nabb

This. Rizzo sucks

Oh come on... you should know that the Bauer announcement is the exception, not the rule.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Oh come on... you should know that the Bauer announcement is the exception, not the rule.

He's carrying the S37 torch now ...

Offline blue911

Scott Boras isn't going to change his M.O. no matter who signs before the deadline.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Bauer signed by d backs for 7 million according to MLB trade rumors- the gate is open, can we please announce some overslot signings now

7 million? LOL, Hultzen will want 10.

Offline d_mc_nabb

He's carrying the S37 torch now ...

Is he officially gone now?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Is he officially gone now?

I dunno, but the way SF has been lately it's like S37 never left

j/k SF, you're a panic monkey, but we're still BFFs   :thumbs:

Offline DPMOmaha

Still got two weeks.  If you wake up on the 16th and they haven't signed, then by all means, freak out!

Offline d_mc_nabb

I'm sure they'll sign Rendon and Meyer, I'm fairly sure they'll get Goodwin; I'm not optimistic about Purke, though. I think it would be a coup if they signed him.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
7 million? LOL, Hultzen will want 10.

3.5 mil bonus, 7.4 total package.

Offline sportsfan882

The Nats have to sign all of their top picked since the rest of their draft was a cheap joke.

Offline RD

They went after talent late. Stubbs is playing in the Cape, and is going to take a big overslot. Buchanon was always a big overslot guy - Had to pay to steer him away from Ole Miss. Josh Tobias is yet another. So is Brett Mooneyham.

They went after a lot of older college guys to round out the top ten, but they definitely did not draft cheap after the top picks. Plenty of the kids were viewed as a ulta talented, but seeking that major pay day as well.

Offline sportsfan882

It doesn't matter if you draft all those guys and not sign any of them. The rest of their pick were minor league filler.

Offline NatsGM

RD-

Stubbs left Cotuit on the Cape a few weeks ago... according to their broadcasters whom I interviewed on my website, Stubbs has talent but looked overmatched against the higher level of competition.  Should be interesting to see if he signs and for what-

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
j/k SF, you're a panic monkey, but we're still BFFs   :thumbs:

Don't be a little nag about it.  You're supposed to burn his properly and use his eyeballs as a hood ornament, now.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Don't be a little nag about it.  You're supposed to burn his properly and use his eyeballs as a hood ornament, now.

Oh,

Ok

:thumbs:

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Now that the trade deadline has passed, people can begin to freak out over the August 15 signing deadline.

Offline hammondsnats

Now that the trade deadline has passed, people can begin to freak out over the August 15 signing deadline.

We won't sign anyone and LANC/Sunshine squad will blast the picks ... Or if they sign rendon LANC/sunshine squad will praise rizzo and lerner for signing a draft pick.

Offline houston-nat

It doesn't matter if you draft all those guys and not sign any of them. The rest of their pick were minor league filler.

95% of all professional baseball players are minor league filler.

Snagging three to five legit potential major leaguers in one draft is awesome.

Offline HalfSmokes

Purke is the only one who worries me as far as not signing, and I really think there's Boone to blame there- he's asking for a lot, but not pitching in the summer leagues, but if he thinks he can return and get it next year, it's his choice. I think they sign the rest

Offline houston-nat

Re: 2011 Post Draft Discussion / Signing Watch
« Reply #347: August 01, 2011, 08:36:49 AM »
Purke is the only one who worries me as far as not signing, and I really think there's Boone to blame there- he's asking for a lot, but not pitching in the summer leagues, but if he thinks he can return and get it next year, it's his choice. I think they sign the rest

It's a lose-lose for us: if he thinks he's pitched as well as he can already and doesn't want us to know he's finished, he will sign. If he thinks he will improve a ton next year and could go No 1 overall, he will not sign.

Offline blue911

« Reply #348: August 01, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
It's a lose-lose for us: if he thinks he's pitched as well as he can already and doesn't want us to know he's finished, he will sign. If he thinks he will improve a ton next year and could go No 1 overall, he will not sign.

I think the Nats will sign the guy. They've shown that they aren't afraid to sign guys with bum shoulders, so what's a few more mil of the old man's money?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #349: August 01, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »
I think the Nats will sign the guy. They've shown that they aren't afraid to sign guys with bum shoulders, so what's a few more mil of the old man's money?

It was encouraging, and surprising to me, that they actually got Purke to tour Nats Park.  Obviously not a Boras client.