Author Topic: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?  (Read 9968 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?
« Reply #175: November 07, 2012, 07:06:38 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/11/06/an-update-on-nats-nlcs-refunds/

Check out the Twitter comments sent to the Bog yesterday. Lots of people getting no response from the Nats

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #176: November 07, 2012, 08:42:07 AM »
In any case, I was told that anyone who purchased individual tickets to unplayed Orioles postseason games received their refunds about 10-14 days ago.

Still no refund here. No big deal.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #177: November 07, 2012, 09:12:43 AM »
Still no refund here. No big deal.

Me neither. My rep told me everything was processed on the 1st but still nada. It's not like this isn't money I could be spending at the team store or paying bills with or using to get my Maserati detailed.

No big deal.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #178: November 07, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »
Ponzi scheme...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #179: November 07, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »
Greed leading to overly complex procedures leading to mistakes.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #180: November 07, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »
Greed leading to overly complex procedures leading to mistakes profit.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #181: November 07, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »

Well profit was the ultimate goal, but the incorrect refunds were certainly not part of the plan, and probably cost them money for all the work hours spent cleaning up the mess.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #182: November 07, 2012, 11:01:47 AM »
The Natinals strike again. Went to the team store to get the 50% off all playoff gear and they wouldn't sell me one of the fitted playoff hats for 50% off. To make matters worse it had a $38 price tag on it which would have meant it should be around $27 after the 30% discount but the sales girl said they had the wrong price on it and that it was really $45. When I pointed out that most those playoff hats had that price on it she said "that's wrong, they should be marked $45 and $32 after the discount."  Needless to say I said forget it.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #183: November 07, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
NABD.net

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #184: November 07, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »
I still haven't gotten my refund, but I do expect at this point it should be showing up on my credit card in the next few days.  My questions is, for the people who have already gotten refunds, are the amounts correct?  I had strips with different prices, plus some extra individual tickets, and it's a lot to keep track of.  I don't have much confidence in them getting all the math right.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #185: November 07, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »
I still haven't gotten my refund, but I do expect at this point it should be showing up on my credit card in the next few days.  My questions is, for the people who have already gotten refunds, are the amounts correct?  I had strips with different prices, plus some extra individual tickets, and it's a lot to keep track of.  I don't have much confidence in them getting all the math right.

The price was right for my individual tickets, the original cost minus the $4 for "printing and shipping". I'd have no confidence in them getting the refunds correct for the strips.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #186: November 07, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »
I got the price for each game in the strips in writing. I've also been told that we will get a statement via email. I will simply compare notes.

I am annoyed at the lack of communication though.

Offline HalfSmokes

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #188: November 07, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »

:shock:

Not giving birth to a bovine. Just annoyed.

I hedged my bets by going on the installment plan. So it's just a matter of moving numbers around really.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #189: November 07, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
So Steinberg says the refunds came from Tickets.com - which is it, tickets.com or the Nats?

Offline BCH89

« Reply #190: November 07, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
Got a return of $184.00 yesterday from "TICKETS WA NATIONALS WASHINGTON DC" and I paid $188.00 for the pair of tickets.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #191: November 07, 2012, 11:04:48 PM »
Finally got mine today.  $154 for two tickets, and I didn't pay much more than that. 

Offline santanaf

« Reply #192: November 07, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »
Got an email from Tickets.com after an inquiry stating the refund was issues for my single game purchase on 11/2. I call bullcrap, it was 11/6 and I still didn't see it in my pending charges/refunds on my card, whereas I had another refund that I requested on 11/5 that was sitting there by the end of the day on 11/5.

My refund showed up today, 11/7, which a transaction date of 11/6 at the earlest. Someone is fibbing, and it isn't me.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #193: November 08, 2012, 06:35:09 AM »
So Steinberg says the refunds came from Tickets.com - which is it, tickets.com or the Nats?

Stop trolling, multiple posts have explained this.

Finally got my refund.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #194: November 08, 2012, 06:51:08 AM »
Stop trolling, multiple posts have explained this.

Finally got my refund.

No big deal.

Greed is good.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #195: November 08, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »
Another twist to the playoff tickets comedy of errors, the prices listed on at least some of the strips were wrong. The interesting thing is that the values were too low (indicating that the Nats raised the prices at the last minute), so the refunds/credits are less than the total amount paid minus the face value of the games played. Thank God I didn't buy those strips, I'd be wrecking my office right now I'd be so pissed.

Quote from: 309LavenderRow

I just called the Nats season ticket office to find out about the refunds for the 2012 Post Season. During that discussion, it was revealed that the printed ticket prices were not the correct prices. The representative told me that Tickets.com, who supplied the tickets, put the wrong prices on them.

If you sold your tickets to another party at what appeared to be face value, you may have been ripped off. For example, my NLDS tickets had the price of $35 printed on them, but the real price was $40. So, when I sold those tickets to a friend AT FACE VALUE, I actually lost $5/ticket.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #196: November 08, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
I think the tie breaking game was supposed to be regular-season price (per an email from my account rep), but the printed price was higher than the NLDS.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #197: November 08, 2012, 04:00:19 PM »
The FO was told that the team was two years away from contending so they were caught unprepared.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #198: November 08, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
Another twist to the playoff tickets comedy of errors, the prices listed on at least some of the strips were wrong. The interesting thing is that the values were too low (indicating that the Nats raised the prices at the last minute), so the refunds/credits are less than the total amount paid minus the face value of the games played. Thank God I didn't buy those strips, I'd be wrecking my office right now I'd be so pissed. 

Ugh, I was worried about this from the minute the strips arrived with the wrong prices...

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=27788.msg1134959#msg1134959

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #199: November 08, 2012, 04:39:48 PM »
Ugh, I was worried about this from the minute the strips arrived with the wrong prices...

No big deal.