Author Topic: The ZDK Trade Proposal Extravaganza Thread To End All Threads #OhYeah  (Read 41317 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Maybe it's just the usual spam but I feel like people hype him up as a stud when his numbers are pretty mediocre so far (SSS obviously) and he's just barely in A-ball. I think people here vastly overrate our entire farm system, honestly.

This was his first partial season back from tommy John, what did you expect?  He was a top 5 talent and only fell to us because he had just had tommy John.  I'd say he has he third highest ceiling out of our prospect pitchers behind only Giolito and Lopez.  Lopez has the highest bust potential, but could, even in that scenario be a stud late inning relief option.  Fedde has a fairly high floor- he was expected to be a quickish to the majors guy if it wasn't for his procedure.

Offline UMDNats

This was his first partial season back from tommy John, what did you expect?  He was a top 5 talent and only fell to us because he had just had tommy John.  I'd say he has he third highest ceiling out of our prospect pitchers behind only Giolito and Lopez.  Lopez has the highest bust potential, but could, even in that scenario be a stud late inning relief option.  Fedde has a fairly high floor- he was expected to be a quickish to the majors guy if it wasn't for his procedure.

Forgive me if I'm not that high on a 22-year-old in low-A ball. He's a good prospect, yeah, but I'd be surprised if he could be the focal point of any trade or a major part of a package for a good player.

Offline NJ Ave

Forgive me if I'm not that high on a 22-year-old in low-A ball. He's a good prospect, yeah, but I'd be surprised if he could be the focal point of any trade or a major part of a package for a good player.

Hmmmm. First off, the kid's coming off TJ and had played zero innings of professional baseball. Where did you expect him to start, AA?

Second, he's going to be a top-100 prospect, and guys like that are focal points or major parts of packages all the time for good players. Detroit just got a good RP for a non top-100 guy. The Mets got Cespedes at the trade deadline for a fringe top-100 player in Fulmer.

I guarantee you that Fedde could get a good major league player for this ballclub right now.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Hmmmm. First off, the kid's coming off TJ and had played zero innings of professional baseball. Where did you expect him to start, AA?

Second, he's going to be a top-100 prospect, and guys like that are focal points or major parts of packages all the time for good players. Detroit just got a good RP for a non top-100 guy. The Mets got Cespedes at the trade deadline for a fringe top-100 player in Fulmer.

I guarantee you that Fedde could get a good major league player for this ballclub right now.

hell yeah

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Yup.

I think he'll be pushed relatively aggressive this year, given his IP limit. He should get to AA. He could be a guy they even bump to AAA, right than skip. We'll see. I think if his stuff comes back completely (it was up-and-down last season), he is going to be a legit top-50 prospect by mid-season.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
didn't BA have Fedde 4th in out system behind the Giolito, Turner, and Robles?

Yes - see http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32098.msg1654474#msg1654474

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
didn't BA have Fedde 4th in out system behind the Giolito, Turner, and Robles?

Yes - see http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32098.msg1654474#msg1654474

Yup -- I believe in the chat they also said those five were going to be in the top-100 too

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
4 (not Turner) top 100 prospects for Stanton and Gordon, one of which is Giolito?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
For some perspective, in the mlb trade rumors chat today, someone asked who hangs up on Neil walker for Fedde+ deal.  Jeff Todd answered by saying that it was steep but that he could see the mats being interested.

Offline Ray D

4 (not Turner) top 100 prospects for Stanton and Gordon, one of which is Giolito?
Why are we talking about Stanton?  Nevermind what we'd have to give up in trade, the Nats are not taking on that contract.

I realize this is a fantasy thread, but we may as well be talking about a trade with the Yankees for Babe Ruth.

Offline UMDNats

Yeah, but who else, too? 4 prospects, 2 MLB players might get the conversation started.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Giolito, Robles, Fedde, Lopez, Anderson Franco, Michael Taylor?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Strasburg------>Andrew Miller, Brett Gardner, Gary Sanchez

Anthony Rendon, Brett Gardner, Gio, Jayson Werth, Craig Stammen------>Mike Trout

Lucas Giolito, Drew Storen------>Kris Bryant
Victor Robles, Erik Fedde, Reynaldo Lopez, Gary Sanchez, Yunel Escobar, Anderson Franco------>Dee Gordon, Christian Yelich

AJ Cole, Michael Taylor, Wilmer Difo------->Aroldis Chapman

Andrew Stevenson, Austin Voth, Jakson Reetz--------->Brad Boxberger

Sign Darren O'Day
Sign Zack Greinke
Sign Scott Kazmir

Offline UMDNats

The Yankees just traded John Ryan Murphy to clear room for Sanchez. Sorry, bud.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
ZDK, how come you haven't done a Correa trade proposal yet?

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
ZDK, how come you haven't done a Correa trade proposal yet?

He's the most untouchable of the young studs minus harp that aren't locked up.  And he's a shortstop

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
The Newest New Plan

Sign Zack Greinke 5 yr/$155M
Sign Scott Kazmir 4 yr/$52M
Sign Darren O'Day 3 yr/$27M

Strasburg
FOR
Andrew Miller, Brett Gardner

Rendon, Gardner, Gio, Werth
FOR
Mike Trout, CJ Wilson

Difo, Cole, Stevenson, Voth, Taylor, Storen
FOR
Todd Frazier, Aroldis Chapman

Gioltio, Robles, Fedde, Lopez, Franco, Escobar, Wilson
FOR
Nick Gordon, Christian Yelich

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
CJ Wilson? You've lost your touch, ZDK

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
CJ Wilson? You've lost your touch, ZDK

Salary dump. Frees up space for them to also get Heyward.  They've been linked to him. 

Gardner
Heyward
Rendon
Pujols
Werth
Calhoun
Simmons

Would be a great top 7 for any team

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Rendon, Gardner, Gio, Werth
FOR
Mike Trout, CJ Wilson

This is Trump-esque.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Salary dump. Frees up space for them to also get Heyward.  They've been linked to him. 

Gardner
Heyward
Rendon
Pujols
Werth
Calhoun
Simmons

Would be a great top 7 for any team

That would be wonderful if you had Gardner 2 or 3 years ago and Werth about the same.  They're 32 and 36 (37 in May).  That's only a decent defensive outfield and probably not a good one offensively next season (how does it even align?  Gardner in CF? Heyward?  Does Heyward or Calhoun play right?), a problem that could be easily solved by not trading Mike Trout. 

I can't see why they'd want to give up anything of value to get Werth.  He'd be a DH on that team, probably not a good one, and definitely a very well-compensated one.  The only way the Nats can dump Werth is by either eating salary, packaging him with someone useful for not much in return, or a mix of the two.  Look at it another way:  Wilson and Werth are both declining assets who are overpaid, but Wilson only has one year left on his contract.  Gio is a slightly above average SP with one year left on his contract; Wilson is a slightly below average SP with the same.  Gardner is a 32-year-old speed player who's losing speed, wouldn't hit home runs in Anaheim, and can't really play CF any more. 

You're offering a slight upgrade on CJ Wilson, plus a 32-year-old corner outfielder with power that doesn't play in their stadium, plus an overpaid DH, plus an oft-injured (but good if he stays consistently healthy) player with 1 good season under his belt, for one of the best players in decades in the prime of his career and some salary relief.

Think about if Rendon played for the Yankees: now see them offering the Nats Rendon, Gardner, Teixeira, and Carlos Beltran for Zimmerman and Harper.  What would you say to that if you're the Nationals?  (Probably nothing, as you'd be laughing too hard.)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Gio also has two affordable team options, which in today's pitching market, will surely get picked up. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
My best ZDK impersonation:

Giolito and Robinson to the Braves for Freeman

Sign Zobrist

Taylor/Difo to San Diego for Margot

2016 OD Lineup:
1. Margot CF
2. Rendon 3B
3. Harper RF
4. Freeman 1B
5. Zobrist 2B
6. Werth (or Zimmerman) LF
7. Turner SS
8. Ramos C
9. Strasburg

Bench: Zimmerman/Espinosa/Escobar/den Dekker/Lobaton - find a LF bat on the FA wire.

Zimmerman becomes a LF/1B option, but basically a RF bat largely off the bench.  Now on to pitching....

Offline Mr Clean

Trade the entire 40 man roster -Harper + Giolito and Robles to the Cubs for their entire 40 man roster.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Trade the entire 40 man roster + Giolito and Robles to the Cubs for their entire 40 man roster.

#Winning