Author Topic: 2016 prices and plans announced  (Read 4617 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Re: 2016 prices and plans announced
« Reply #25: August 06, 2015, 08:13:28 AM »
If one downloads the tickets and prints out the paper ticket (the old fashion way), how can the Nats follow any resales ?

Why would any buyer trust that?

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #26: August 06, 2015, 08:15:29 AM »
If one downloads the tickets and prints out the paper ticket (the old fashion way), how can the Nats follow any resales ?

StubHub (SnitchHub) only allows Nats tickets to be sold by transferring the bar code, which reports back to the team not only the old bar code but also the account used to make the sale. Other services allow transfer by PDF or email that does not get reported back to the team. Selling a print out is safe.

Offline natsarl

« Reply #27: August 08, 2015, 08:32:01 AM »
I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep my 2 seats in LF or try to find a ticket partner in the club level.  We're leaning towards doing club level.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #28: August 08, 2015, 10:14:52 AM »
Many I've talked with like the club level, so you should look into it.  Getting multiple partners shouldn't be hard

I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep my 2 seats in LF or try to find a ticket partner in the club level.  We're leaning towards doing club level.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #29: August 08, 2015, 11:03:55 AM »
The club level is fantastic.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #30: August 08, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
Club level is nice; however prices keep rising there.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #31: August 08, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »
Club level is nice; however prices keep rising there.

Yes, I think the seats were $50 when the park opened and are now $65, and $75 for the MVP Club, the four sections direclty behind the plate.

I have two seats in Sec. 213...club is nice but I like the padded and wider seats most of all. And, oh, sight lines are superb.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #32: August 08, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »
Yes, I think the seats were $50 when the park opened and are now $65, and $75 for the MVP Club, the four sections direclty behind the plate.

I have two seats in Sec. 213...club is nice but I like the padded and wider seats most of all. And, oh, sight lines are superb.
$45 actually.
Sight lines are great; usually sit in 208

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #33: August 08, 2015, 12:24:34 PM »
$45 actually.
Sight lines are great; usually sit in 208

When the park first opened didn't they have something called 1B and 3B Club seats that were at the ends of the club section and were cheaper? Or is that a mindfact?

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #34: August 08, 2015, 12:32:42 PM »
When the park first opened didn't they have something called 1B and 3B Club seats that were at the ends of the club section and were cheaper? Or is that a mindfact?
Yeh. Those are the ones that were 45. Sections 206-208 on the 3rd base side.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #35: August 08, 2015, 01:37:36 PM »
...usually sit in 208

As do we...great seats...

Offline Rich-L

« Reply #36: August 08, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »
I am really on the fence. I am part of a dyad that share two excellent (front row aisle) seats in the club level, and lose so much on the games I can't make that it is unclear if it is worth it. I really only do it for playoff access, but it sure looks like that will be a wash, and last year's pain... ugh...

Offline madj55

« Reply #37: August 17, 2015, 05:52:29 PM »
Just read on another forum that if you don't renew for next season, but buy playoff tickets and the Nats miss the playoffs, you'll just lose your deposit on the playoff tickets. This organization is going down the crapter. Here's the full post:

"On July 24th the Nationals had a 3 game lead and were 51 -44.
On that day - THe Nats started contacting season ticket holder and told them, in some cases (Like myself) - there would be a 250% increase in prices for next year, AND if you purchased playoff tickets and didn't renew your season tickets -They would keep the money.

Since then the Nats went 7-15 and are now 4.5 games out of 1st place.  When you act like Dan Snyder - your team plays like Dan Snyders team.

Details:  For the 2013 season- The Nationals continued their season ticket promotion of buy 2 get 2.  If you bought two season tickets in some sections for a full season, you got 2 free.  This was the last year they offered this.  At the time -I bought 4, on a 3 year contract.  The face value of the tickets were $25, so I paid $12.50 a ticket for 4 tickets for the past 3 years.  The tickets are now $30 face value for season ticket holders- so yay me.

In addition - Even those that did not sign a contact, continued to get the deal for the last 3 years and only paid the current face value of the tickets.  But still got buy 2 get 2.

This year - Without warning, on July 24th they announced that starting next year you would be invoiced $30 per ticket for each and every ticket. 

Now, while a warning in the start of the year would have been nice (My invoice went from $4100 for the year to almost $10,000), I get it. If they can get the money, they can charge as much as they want.  Sure - they upset many season ticket holders but ok.

Except at the same time they sent a invoice for playoff tickets for this year with the fine print that if the nats don't make the playoffs, or for any unused games in the playoffs, the money would be a credit that can ONLY be used for a season ticket plan in 2016.  I called my account executive (And emailed) to make sure i understood and yes.  If the nats don't make the playoffs - and I do not renew season tickets (At 250% cost), I would simply lose my $1950 deposit on playoff tickets. 

The Nats organization has always treated me as a Season ticket holder great, until this year.  They seem to have decided that the Dan snyder business model is the best model, and Karma has shown them what that means."

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #38: August 17, 2015, 06:00:01 PM »
Well...you don't have to worry about buying postseason tickets this year, so there does seem to be a silver lining of sorts.

Terrible business practice though...

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #39: August 17, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »
Just read on another forum that if you don't renew for next season, but buy playoff tickets and the Nats miss the playoffs, you'll just lose your deposit on the playoff tickets. This organization is going down the crapter. Here's the full post:

Just because you read it on the Internet, it doesn't mean it's true.

In fact, without doing any further reading, this can't possibly be true if I understand what your saying correctly.

Offline madj55

« Reply #40: August 17, 2015, 06:08:29 PM »
Just because you read it on the Internet, it doesn't mean it's true.

In fact, without doing any further reading, this can't possibly be true if I understand what your saying correctly.
Yes it can and other organizations have done it as well. If you buy the playoff tickets as a current STH but don't want to renew for next year you will not be getting your money back. This is because the Nats are keeping the money from playoff tickets and would be putting it towards the STH 2016 plan.

I'll ask the rep for our family, but I 100% believe the Nationals would do this.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #41: August 17, 2015, 06:17:11 PM »

"On July 24th the Nationals had a 3 game lead and were 51 -44.
On that day - THe Nats started contacting season ticket holder and told them, in some cases (Like myself) - there would be a 250% increase in prices for next year, AND if you purchased playoff tickets and didn't renew your season tickets -They would keep the money.

Since then the Nats went 7-15 and are now 4.5 games out of 1st place.  When you act like Dan Snyder - your team plays like Dan Snyders team.

Details:  For the 2013 season- The Nationals continued their season ticket promotion of buy 2 get 2.  If you bought two season tickets in some sections for a full season, you got 2 free.  This was the last year they offered this.  At the time -I bought 4, on a 3 year contract.  The face value of the tickets were $25, so I paid $12.50 a ticket for 4 tickets for the past 3 years.  The tickets are now $30 face value for season ticket holders- so yay me.

In addition - Even those that did not sign a contact, continued to get the deal for the last 3 years and only paid the current face value of the tickets.  But still got buy 2 get 2.

This year - Without warning, on July 24th they announced that starting next year you would be invoiced $30 per ticket for each and every ticket. 

Now, while a warning in the start of the year would have been nice (My invoice went from $4100 for the year to almost $10,000), I get it. If they can get the money, they can charge as much as they want.  Sure - they upset many season ticket holders but ok.

Except at the same time they sent a invoice for playoff tickets for this year with the fine print that if the nats don't make the playoffs, or for any unused games in the playoffs, the money would be a credit that can ONLY be used for a season ticket plan in 2016.  I called my account executive (And emailed) to make sure i understood and yes.  If the nats don't make the playoffs - and I do not renew season tickets (At 250% cost), I would simply lose my $1950 deposit on playoff tickets. 

The Nats organization has always treated me as a Season ticket holder great, until this year.  They seem to have decided that the Dan snyder business model is the best model, and Karma has shown them what that means."

Don't go to a Redskins site for info about Nats tix.  The Nationals tried to pull that no refund move in 2012 but it didn't work out for them and after a couple months they paid out full refunds. If not for the media backlash they probably would have forced people to upgrade their plans rather than refund the money for the unpaid games. In 2013 and 2014 they were still a bit slow with the refunds but only a couple weeks instead of a couple months. (2014 they tried to charge Nats fans for four WS games even after the NL lost the All Star Game, that decision was reversed as well once the media pointed out the greed factor.)

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #42: August 17, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »
Yes it can and other organizations have done it as well. If you buy the playoff tickets as a current STH but don't want to renew for next year you will not be getting your money back. This is because the Nats are keeping the money from playoff tickets and would be putting it towards the STH 2016 plan.

I'll ask the rep for our family, but I 100% believe the Nationals would do this.

Let us know what they say. I'm not going to bother asking because both of my groups are coming back anyway.

Offline wj73

« Reply #43: August 19, 2015, 10:01:26 AM »
I just got it verified it in writing from the Nats.  Credits from post season tickets purchased for games not played can only be applied to renewal fees for 2016 plans.  If you don't renew for 2016, then you lose the money you paid for post season games not played. 

Wow.  Just wow. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #44: August 19, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »
Well...you don't have to worry about buying postseason tickets this year, so there does seem to be a silver lining of sorts.

Terrible business practice though...

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #45: August 19, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
I just got it verified it in writing from the Nats.  Credits from post season tickets purchased for games not played can only be applied to renewal fees for 2016 plans.  If you don't renew for 2016, then you lose the money you paid for post season games not played. 

Wow.  Just wow. 

Can you post a scan of this? 

Offline wj73

« Reply #46: August 19, 2015, 11:53:12 AM »
Sorry - I'm an old lady and don't have flickr or anything to share pix.  But here's the exact quote from the email I received: 

If you decide not to renew you purchase the postseason, you will not be refunded any of the unused money. It will only be applied to nationals season plans.

Despite the poor grammar, it seems pretty clear to me.

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #47: August 19, 2015, 12:12:37 PM »
Easy, don't renew and don't buy any playoff tickets until the games are guaranteed.  I don't know why anyone would buy season tix anyhow, unless you were loaded and just didnt even care how they ream you.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #48: August 19, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »
It is an office moral thing, which I split the tickets so many ways.  There are opportunities to make some of the money back, but frankly, I'd rather go to the good games than sell if I have them.

I may have spares for the Rendgnome game, if anyone is interested. 

Offline BeltwayBaseball

• I want to get off Ted & Mark's Wild Ride
« Reply #49: August 19, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but how can you put a deposit on postseason tickets without renewing? I thought it said the postseason presale and the strips are only available to season plan holders...So you couldn't put money on tickets if you hadn't already renewed anyway.

For what it's worth I'm doing the postseason presale anyways because I bought a 20-game plan for just one to keep costs to a minimum, but now I get access to the presale where I'll buy 3-per-game. Last I recall, you can buy 4-per-game at most regardless of how many seats you have in your plan. The strips are only for one so they're of no value to me.