Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 8197 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #200: June 02, 2013, 06:14:32 PM »
Need to bring this thread back. Vent all you want my fellow disappointed fans.

I wanna know how the hell you even remembered this thread existed.   :)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #201: June 02, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #202: June 02, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
"@funnydanny: No other division has a gap larger than 2.5 games. Nats are 6.5 back."

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #203: June 02, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
I'm pissed of all the people who seem to think the season is over on June 2. Eff those quitters.

Offline madj55

« Reply #204: June 02, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
I wanna know how the hell you even remembered this thread existed.   :)
Hahaha to be honest I have no clue, I was reading through some of the threads on here and this one just popped into my head for some reason and I found it. I figured it's better for everyone to vent in here than to vent in 10+ different threads.

I'm pissed. I've never been so bored watching a team hit and it gets me freaking vexed.

Offline Optics

« Reply #205: June 02, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »
Davey and Rizzo's stubbornness are the only thing that's really making me angry. The offense is what it is, there is no use getting angry over it, with Werth/Harper/Ramos out we just lose too much. But the fact that Davey and Rizzo continually keep Espinosa on the roster/in the lineup is mindboggling. You're telling me there aren't guys in the minors who can hit .200? That's all it would take to be an upgrade over Espy. Ditto Bernadina and Tracy. And HRod too, that guy is DONE. Blew games last year, is blowing games this year. I don't care if he's throwing 400 MPH if they're 10 feet off the plate or right down the middle. Get this clown out of here.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #206: June 02, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »
Michael Morse should be here still. Soriano never needed to be signed. They should have resigned Burnett, Gonzalez and Gorzelanny. Everyone had freaking PTSD after Game 5 of the NLDS. Everyone who made a mistake in that game had to be purged or relegated to a smaller role; completely forgetting what that player did during the regular season. Who freaking cares if Morse sucks on defense. His bat makes up for that. Same thing with Wilingham. Why was his defense always criticized?!? He made plenty of web gems during his time. If something isn't broke, why fix it?

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #207: June 02, 2013, 08:04:23 PM »
Michael Morse should be here still. Soriano never needed to be signed. They should have resigned Burnett, Gonzalez and Gorzelanny. Everyone had freaking PTSD after Game 5 of the NLDS. Everyone who made a mistake in that game had to be purged or relegated to a smaller role; completely forgetting what that player did during the regular season. Who freaking cares if Morse sucks on defense. His bat makes up for that. Same thing with Wilingham. Why was his defense always criticized?!? He made plenty of web gems during his time. If something isn't broke, why fix it?

When the hell will all the Morse lovers just get over the fact that he is no longer here.  What good does it do to romanticize about someone that's no longer with your team?  If Morse this, if they hadn't that, etc etc.  if dog rabbit. 

Offline Bloo

« Reply #208: June 02, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
When the hell will all the Morse lovers just get over the fact that he is no longer here.  What good does it do to romanticize about someone that's no longer with your team?  If Morse this, if they hadn't that, etc etc.  if dog rabbit. 
Uhm... Isn't this the whole point of the thread? Authorial license to say and feel what you want.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #209: June 02, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »
Michael Moore sucks, we're better off without him.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #210: June 02, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »
Uhm... Isn't this the whole point of the thread? Authorial license to say and feel what you want.

Good point.  Apologies offered. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #211: June 02, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »
Michael Moore sucks, we're better off without him.
He was just a platoon outfielder.  They made a movie about it.  Roger Bernadina and Me.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #212: June 02, 2013, 09:57:24 PM »
He was just a platoon outfielder.  They made a movie about it.  Roger Bernadina and Me.
:crackup:

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #213: June 02, 2013, 11:51:05 PM »
I'm pissed of all the people who seem to think the season is over on June 2. Eff those quitters.

The team is terrible and has shown zero signs of improvement.  I don't know if we're watching the same team.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #214: June 02, 2013, 11:52:36 PM »

You're probably one of those people who - on the last day of the season - will be like "If we 10 times today, and the Braves lose 10 times, we're in the playoffs!"

I applaud your optimism, but the Nats have to show me some reason to be optimistic.  Right now, there's really no indication that things are going to turn around any time soon.  As long as Davey keeps trotting Espinosa out there and Rick Eckstein remains employed, I'm not very hopeful.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #215: June 03, 2013, 01:10:52 AM »
Go to Oprah

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #216: June 03, 2013, 03:08:46 AM »
Numerically and everything, the season isn't over.

Looking at the way the Nats have played, the season's over unless quite a few players step up.

I'd like to believe this is a playoff team, but it just hasn't looked like it. It's going to take late season heroics for our place to be made, and judging the way the team has looked when they're down, I don't like our chances. Injuries be damned, the Braves have moved past that this year and we moved past it this year. Just not looking good.

Hope I'm wrong, though. Seriously hoping.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #217: June 03, 2013, 07:32:03 AM »
Numerically and everything, the season isn't over.

Looking at the way the Nats have played, the season's over unless quite a few players step up.

I'd like to believe this is a playoff team, but it just hasn't looked like it. It's going to take late season heroics for our place to be made, and judging the way the team has looked when they're down, I don't like our chances. Injuries be damned, the Braves have moved past that this year and we moved past it this year. Just not looking good.

Hope I'm wrong, though. Seriously hoping.

On the bright side, if we do make the playoffs, we'd have to be one of the hottest teams in the second half, and fighting our way in would be better than coasting in like we did last year.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #218: June 03, 2013, 08:07:58 AM »
The team has been crap. Not much more to say. I'm still optimistic the season will turn around though, this team is too talented.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #219: June 03, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »
You're probably one of those people who - on the last day of the season - will be like "If we 10 times today, and the Braves lose 10 times, we're in the playoffs!"

There'a a difference between that and giving up after a 6.5 game deficit with more than 100 games left.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #220: June 03, 2013, 09:32:24 AM »
I'm not giving up until we're 10 back, but 6.5 is not looking good- on the plus side, at least we only have to pass one team

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #221: June 03, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
Seriously I don't know why we still have Henry Rodriguez on the Roster. Trade him for a lefty power hitter or even a couple of minor league prospects just keep him out of a Nats (or any of our affiliates) Uniform. We don't need 100 MPH pitchers we need 100% accuracy in locating pitches or as close as possible.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #222: June 03, 2013, 09:41:26 AM »
Also the classic film about spastic middle relievers with abscessed butts, "Bowling for Calome"

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #223: June 03, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »
I'm not giving up until we're 10 back, but 6.5 is not looking good- on the plus side, at least we only have to pass one team

And let's not forgot about the two wild cards. Win 90 and you're in, I'm guessing.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #224: June 03, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »
And let's not forgot about the two wild cards. Win 90 and you're in, I'm guessing.

That means we have to go 62-43 the rest of the way.  Things will have to change in a hurry to have a shot at that.