Author Topic: Hagerstown Suns New Alternate Uniform  (Read 3089 times)

DCNATS

Hagerstown Suns New Alternate Uniform
« Topic Start: March 21, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »
SUNS ANNOUNCE NEW ALTERNATE UNIFORM FOR 2007
March 20, 2007

The Hagerstown Suns have announced that the club will have a new alternate logo for the upcoming 2007 season. The logo encompasses red, white and blue colors to embrace to the Suns? new Major League Baseball parent club, the Washington Nationals. The alternate character to the Suns classic logo is being called "The General".

To accentuate the new affiliation with the Nationals, the Suns have added the new logo to a blue hat with matching blue jersey. The jersey also features a new logo on the left-chest. Blue belts and socks along with white pants will complete the new look. SkilTech Web Design and Hosting, the Suns website provider, will sponsor ?Patriotic Saturdays? with media support provided by WJAL TV68. At every Saturday home game in 2007 the Suns will wear the alternate uniforms.

The Suns play in Washington County, MD, named after President George Washington. The 2007 season marks the Suns first year as a Minor League affiliate of the Washington Nationals. With the creation of the new alternate logo and uniform, the Suns aim to increase awareness of the new affiliation with the hometown team and pay tribute to the region?s rich national history.

The new logo will make its debut at the first Saturday home game on April 7, 2007 as the Suns take on the Hickory Crawdads. The alternate caps are available for sale at the Suns merchandise store for $20.00.

www.hagerstownsuns.com

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Hagerstown Suns New Alternate Uniform
« Reply #1: March 21, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #2: March 21, 2007, 02:06:37 PM »
They need to grab these unis permanently and ditch the pukey Baltimore orange.   :P

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #3: March 21, 2007, 02:56:43 PM »
They need to grab these unis permanently and ditch the pukey Baltimore orange.   :P

I don't really mind the orange.  It looks nice, and besides, minor league teams are more or less on their own.  They have no objective to look like or represent their MLB counterpart.  The Lake Monsters' unis are strikingly Mariner-esque, but I really don't care.  I think it's great when a minor league team is creative and makes a name for itself.

On the same note, I agree, the orange is Baltimore orange.  Eww.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #4: March 21, 2007, 03:42:09 PM »
I don't really mind the orange.  It looks nice, and besides, minor league teams are more or less on their own... 
...On the same note, I agree, the orange is Baltimore orange.  Eww.
Have you taken your medication today?   :shock: :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #5: March 21, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
Have you taken your medication today?   :shock: :lol:

Maybe.........

The essence of what I was trying to say is that it's good that minor league teams branch off from their MLB counterparts.  However, the orange is BALTIMORON orange.