Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1  (Read 9756 times)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #150: May 12, 2007, 12:42:23 AM »
Just got back from the game (Nats now 1-3 in games I've been to this year).  Fantastic job by the offense to knock the opposing pitcher out of a game for once.  Schneider deserves some serious praise for getting 3 hits off of a LH pitcher. Guzman was hitting the ball well and Nook's last two ABs were solid. Ryan Church continued his brilliance at the plate. Hill was stellar as usual, it was a real shame to see him leave the game.  I hope for the love of god that it is not a serious injury although I am skeptical.   

Yup, it was sweet. I thought the team made some blunders in both coaching as well as on the field, but they didn't let the Marlins back into the game when it looked like might. When Hill was pulled, I checked the radio broadcast on my phone to see what the problem, and they had said it was his left shoulder. It is very disappointing to see that it is an elbow problem. That is disastrous.

Too bad. This offense really showed what can happen when most of the guys in the lineup get off the schneid. They took care of the little things tonight to plate runners. This was a nice decisive victory.