Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103616 times)

Offline houston-nat

Holy crap has Gilbert Gottfried fallen. Wow. Was watching something I recorded last week, and flipping through the commercials I saw an Eastern Motors in a flash. Curious to see which of Snyder's band of losers and suckups sold out this year, I rewind. Next to some dude I'd never seen before is Gilbert Gottfried. Wow. He's never had a "career" but I bet he got craploads of cash for Aflac. Then he made whatever Twitter post that was controversial and now he's forced to wear a redskins shirt AND hat for a stupid ass Eastern Motors commercial? Jesus christ.
He was Iago in Aladdin, right? Hard to top that regardless.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
the directTV "don't get cable" ads are getting really dumb.

Offline imref

Holy crap has Gilbert Gottfried fallen. Wow. Was watching something I recorded last week, and flipping through the commercials I saw an Eastern Motors in a flash. Curious to see which of Snyder's band of losers and suckups sold out this year, I rewind. Next to some dude I'd never seen before is Gilbert Gottfried. Wow. He's never had a "career" but I bet he got craploads of cash for Aflac. Then he made whatever Twitter post that was controversial and now he's forced to wear a redskins shirt AND hat for a stupid ass Eastern Motors commercial? Jesus christ.

I just hope after we play in October this year they don't start using Nats for it. I would cry tears of blood if Harper, Strasburg and Zimmerman are wearing Redskins crap and singing along next year.

he peaked in Ford Fairlane, it's been downhill ever since.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I never saw "The Aristocrats," but supposedly he tells one of the better versions.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Anyone that thinks Gilbert Gottfried is hurting for cash is a baboon.  Dude has done (and continues to do) a ton of voicework, has a ton in residuals coming in every month, and has one of the most distinct voices ever.  Someone else not hurting for cash - Andrew "Dice" Clay.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
he peaked in Ford Fairlane, it's been downhill ever since.

That was definitely Priscilla Presley's peak.

Offline Coladar

Anyone that thinks Gilbert Gottfried is hurting for cash is a baboon.  Dude has done (and continues to do) a ton of voicework, has a ton in residuals coming in every month, and has one of the most distinct voices ever.  Someone else not hurting for cash - Andrew "Dice" Clay.

Then why do the commercial? Makes no sense. Just because dudes have a ton of royalties coming in monthly can mean little. He might have wracked up a ton of debt. Or is used to that phat AFLAC cash. Bottom line, you ain't doing commercials where you dress in a sports team you have zero connection to and look like an idiot for craps and giggles. Don't buy it, sorry. Especially when it isn't even a national ad, just a DC special. That makes no sense to imagine he's rolling in dough and decided, hey, I love that Eastern Motors song! I think I'll dress in Redskins crap and make an ass out of myself.

I've always suspected the Redskins that appear get paid with a new car and not cash. Maybe he wanted a new ride. But bottom line, people that don't have money concerns don't appear in a non-LA, non-NY commercial where the Redskins are the focus, and he's just a retarded sideshow. Appearing in crap like that can only harm his career, not help it. You just aren't doing crap like that if you're living worry free on monthly VA work checks. If he just wanted a sweet ride, his agent would have talked him the freak out of it. That crap is Tara Reid level, holy crap how far they've fallen type stuff.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Two sentences or GTFO.

Online HalfSmokes

Romney signing

Online 1995hoo

Lately I am really getting sick of that Nissan commercial with the jingle sung to the music from Grease.

I think in general I get very sick of the ads that run during Nationals games and Capitals games, whichever is in season at the time.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Lately I am really getting sick of that Nissan commercial with the jingle sung to the music from Grease.

I think in general I get very sick of the ads that run during Nationals games and Capitals games, whichever is in season at the time.

Same here ...  the syncing is horrible.   Same ad company made this one, Luna and W. B. Mason.   Gotta be.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The WB Mason commercials are real crap. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Two sentences or GTFO.

I love how he takes all of those words to basically say the same thing five times.

Offline imref

That was definitely Priscilla Presley's peak.

and dice clay's.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Just wish MDS would put a smile on some of these GTFO postings.  Long Post Collie has his style, just MDS has his.  Room here for many different styles, at least until there is a character limit on postings. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
  Room here for many different styles, at least until there is a character limit on postings. 

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=26146.0

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I'm getting sick & tired of those gay boys singing showtunes with the bobbie sock girls in the Nissan commercials

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Even though the Eastern Motors song/jingle gets on my nerves I chuckled a little when I saw the Gilbert Goddfried one.

Personally I think The Eastern Motors/Redskins connection is deeper than just the players who appear get a new beamer (or caddie or whatever brand they prefer). I think the somewhere the Redskins "Moffia" owns Eastern Motors. :mg:

• pissy DC sports fan
I'm getting sick & tired of those gay boys singing showtunes with the bobbie sock girls in the Nissan commercials

Omg, I finally just watched this (I've become a master at tuning out commercials) and I laughed really hard, then contemplated a lobotomy, then I just made a really strong drink.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I've had enough of the Obama commercial with Romney singing America The Beautiful

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I've had enough of the Obama commercial with Romney singing America The Beautiful

Oh ffs!  I don't even watch much tv at all and I've seen it 100 times.  Half the time it's on twice in one commercial break!

Online 1995hoo

I'm sick of all the political commercials, but especially Obama's. I don't want to make this devolve into a political discussion, but I've always felt that when an incumbent spends all his advertising time trashing his opponent, it means the incumbent can't give you any reason why you should vote for him (as opposed to against his opponent). I don't think I've seen a single ad from Obama that does anything other than attempting to trash Romney.

(I know you can make the same argument about a challenger as well—he ought to be able to give you reasons to vote for him. But the difference in this particular context is that the incumbent has a record of what he's done in that office that should either earn him another term or earn him a loss in the election, and I think when an incumbent tries not to run on his record it says something bad about that incumbent. The challenger usually has no record in the same office and thus isn't in the same position—although of course there are some exceptions like in Maryland when Ehrlich and O'Malley had both served as governor, or now in Virginia where Allen is running to get his old seat back and his opponent Kaine has never served in the Senate so in a way they're both "challengers" but one of them has a record in that office.)

• pissy DC sports fan
I'm sick of all the political commercials, but especially Obama's. I don't want to make this devolve into a political discussion, but I've always felt that when an incumbent spends all his advertising time trashing his opponent, it means the incumbent can't give you any reason why you should vote for him (as opposed to against his opponent). I don't think I've seen a single ad from Obama that does anything other than attempting to trash Romney.

:clap: Totally agree.  I'm even pulling for Obama and I think he's running a really cringe-worthy campaign.  The ads he's running are just constant mud-slinging, which is sad considering he wasn't nearly like that in '08.

Offline blue911

Mitt Romney- He turned me into a newt.

Online HalfSmokes

:clap: Totally agree.  I'm even pulling for Obama and I think he's running a really cringe-worthy campaign.  The ads he's running are just constant mud-slinging, which is sad considering he wasn't nearly like that in '08.

Seems like the democrats have internalized the swift boat lesson