Author Topic: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 1  (Read 19374 times)

MrMadison

Re: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 1
« Reply #425: May 16, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »
I agree. I still think Milledge is gonna be a good player. Dukes needs some time in the minors.His swing just has too many holes in it. There is no excuse for Kearns and Pena.

Right.

Kearns and Pena are out of excuses.

Milledge and Dukes aren't yet.

Offline PC

« Reply #426: May 16, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
There was so little clutch hitting tonight.  That's the reason we lost this game.

And anybody can get a clutch hit!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #427: May 16, 2008, 09:39:55 PM »
wtf Guzman.  just unbelievable. 2-0 count and pops up.  I have never seen an offense this bad. never

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #428: May 16, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »
Rolling over as usual

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #429: May 16, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »
There was so little clutch hitting tonight.  That's the reason we lost this game.
It was just a disgusting disgrace.  We are fielding a Minor League Caliber lineup.

Game over. freaking losers

MrMadison

« Reply #430: May 16, 2008, 09:41:07 PM »
Milledge and Dukes deserve to be "growing" in the Minors. They are not ML-Caliber hitters at this point.

if that is what needs to happen.

but who do you replace them with, realistically, that will be less of a joke?

do you really think Willie Harris and Macowiak will light up the world as starters?

just 2 weeks ago, everyone was ready for both of them to be flat-out cut from the team.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #431: May 16, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »
I am hoping for Flopsy double, Guzman double [Flopsy scores], Zim single [Guz to third], Young walk [bases loaded], Boone HR. It's too much to ask for, isn't it? :)

It's NOT going to happen.  Manny would have to translate ALL THAT into Spanish and then back to English.  Not enough time.

GAME OVER.  WE LOSE.

Offline PC

« Reply #432: May 16, 2008, 09:41:54 PM »
The weekend is off to a sucking start.   >:(

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #433: May 16, 2008, 09:41:59 PM »
That is just a horrible loss.  No other way to explain it. 

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #434: May 16, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »
Pena should not see another game as a starter. He is awful. They should just cut him tonite.

Offline Why Not?

« Reply #435: May 16, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
Good night gentlemen. Thanks for letting me hang out in your sandbox tonight.  8)

Offline Natskins

« Reply #436: May 16, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »
Wait a minute, if they both suck they should both be ripped. You're finding excuses for Kearns. By your logic then there should be a moratorium on ripping Peña because Kearns has sucked for pretty much the entire season.
I'm not saying Kearns is great, but he'll get a hit once in a while and he's usually not a complete butcher in the field. Which, compared to Wily Mo and Elijah right now, makes him Mickey Mantle.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #437: May 16, 2008, 09:43:50 PM »
The Nats will get swept this weekend if they play like this on Saturday and Sunday.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #438: May 16, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
if that is what needs to happen.

but who do you replace them with, realistically, that will be less of a joke?

do you really think Willie Harris and Macowiak will light up the world as starters?

just 2 weeks ago, everyone was ready for both of them to be flat-out cut from the team.
Harris and Mackowiak are garbage also offensively but they would be an upgrade over Dukes, Milledge, and Kearns. That pains me to say but it's the truth.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #439: May 16, 2008, 09:44:15 PM »
freak it, this was an embarrassing loss. Our defense gave up 3 runs. Our starting pitcher was not even average (flu like symptoms is baseball speak for drinking too much the day before after an early game and a short commute to the next day's game). And again our offense vanished into thin air at critical times.

MrMadison

« Reply #440: May 16, 2008, 09:45:28 PM »
Harris and Mackowiak are garbage also offensively but they would be an upgrade over Dukes, Milledge, and Kearns. That pains me to say but it's the truth.

and then 2 at-bats later you'll be saying the same things about them that you do about Dukes and Milledge.

and you know it.

Harris/Mackowiak are not an upgrade over ANYTHING. let's be real here.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #441: May 16, 2008, 09:46:06 PM »
freak it, this was an embarrassing loss. Our defense gave up 3 runs. Our starting pitcher was not even average (flu like symptoms is baseball speak for drinking too much the day before after an early game and a short commute to the next day's game). And again our offense vanished into thin air at critical times.
Yep. I don't know if it was the Most Embarrassing loss of the year but it's probably in the Top 5.  I actually thought it was going to be a good game after we started the game with 3 straight line drive hits and 2 runs.  It is just unthinkable that they would only score 1 run the rest of the way. 

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #442: May 16, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »
The intangibles Kearns provides are great defense(although he has been a little down this year, but looks like a gold glover next to the rest of the guys), a rifle arm(easily the strongest on the team), patience at the plate, and leadership.  His numbers are awful, but you have to believe they will improve because he has been in the league for awhile, and his numbers are usually steady.  I see nothing from Pena and Dukes, and to a lesser extent Milledge, that says that they will improve. 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #443: May 16, 2008, 09:47:12 PM »
Good night gentlemen. Thanks for letting me hang out in your sandbox tonight.  8)

Adios, amigo.  At least we got to see Amber Hotbod. 
Tell Angelos to drop dead for us.  Satan is growing impatient waiting for him to arrive.  (And they have LOTS of asbestos in Hell.)

MrMadison

« Reply #444: May 16, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »
I'm not saying Kearns is great, but he'll get a hit once in a while and he's usually not a complete butcher in the field. Which, compared to Wily Mo and Elijah right now, makes him Mickey Mantle.
Dukes has been a much better fielder in the few games he's been up here, than Kearns has been all season. 

the Defense Excuse for kearns is not valid anymore.

Dukes needs to find his freaking bat though.

MrMadison

« Reply #445: May 16, 2008, 09:49:27 PM »
The intangibles Kearns provides are great defense(although he has been a little down this year, but looks like a gold glover next to the rest of the guys), a rifle arm(easily the strongest on the team),

Dukes has been a much better fielder in the few games he's been up here, than Kearns has been all season.

that said, Dukes needs to find his bat. NOW.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #446: May 16, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »
that was a lackluster loss. i thought it was gonna be a smooth sailing, easy w, with the way we were hitting it hard in the first.

some positives:

dukes defense in right >>>>>>>>>> big ears. his instincts are incredible and he plays any outfield position with what i like to call, effortless ease.

r.z.'s bat is definitely heating up!

MrMadison

« Reply #447: May 16, 2008, 09:51:04 PM »

dukes defense in right >>>>>>>>>> big ears. his instincts are incredible and he plays any position with what i like to call, effortless ease.

hey fanboy. Dukes is batting like .045 or so.  save your fanboy crap please.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #448: May 16, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
hey fanboy. Dukes is batting like .045 or so.
Yeah, get the **** out of here with that Dukes crap. He looks like trash.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #449: May 16, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »

that said, Dukes needs to find his bat. NOW.

I haven't seen one play Dukes has made that wasn't routine.  Yes Kearns dropped that routine fly, but that happens every blue moon.  You can't blame the Mets game on him.  Church's ball was ripped and knuckle balling.  A very tough play for any outfielder.  But you're right, Kearns needs to find his bat NOW>