Author Topic: Beast Mode ACTIVATED!  (Read 19692 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Beast Mode Activated - Not so much
« Reply #150: April 11, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
i'd rather them send it to Dr. Andrews than go to someone else.  we need to figure out what the hell is wrong and how it can be fixed.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #151: April 11, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »
That sucks

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #152: April 11, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
Andrews and Yocum are the big two in the surgery world. It's who you want your players going to.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #153: April 11, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »
:?

But what if Dr. Andrews got a C in med school?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #154: April 11, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »
Andrews and Yocum are the big two in the surgery world. It's who you want your players going to.

smart man, linty.  you're a smart man.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #155: April 11, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »
You know what this thread needs?

/thread

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #156: April 11, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

/thread

Why does it say NYN? I didn't know the Nets moved to BK already.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #157: April 11, 2012, 11:53:03 AM »
Why does it say NYN? I didn't know the Nets moved to BK already.

New York (National League)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #158: April 11, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

/thread

I don't get it.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #159: April 11, 2012, 11:54:04 AM »
New York (National League)

Ah now that makes sense!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #160: April 11, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
Just go ahead and let the paranoia completely engulf you. Don't even try to resist. It's really futile for you anyway.

You continue to be the poster who makes me chuckle the most. That's why I will never block you again. I love me some MDS.

To the ignore list you go.  Life is too short to waste any time dealing with clueless maroons like you.  Sportsfan contributes more to this board than you ever will.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #161: April 11, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
I don't get it.

Just seemed appropriate. Has nothing to do with the thread... but it makes a nice contrast to all the nagging in the prior posts.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #162: April 11, 2012, 11:56:51 AM »
I blame the king of the shiner trolls.  LostYudite has him completely nailed.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #163: April 11, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
Just go ahead and let the paranoia completely engulf you. Don't even try to resist. It's really futile for you anyway.

You continue to be the poster who makes me chuckle the most. That's why I will never block you again. I love me some MDS.

Dan Kolko ‏ @DanKolko
Davey said #Nats are sending Michael Morse's test results to Dr. Andrews for evaluation. Morse has been shut down with strained lat.
:?

gotta love the timing

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #164: April 11, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »

how about the "the team has a history of not being honest/competent (depending on viewpoint) in the past, but this time is somehow different" because that's what you're spouting
Seriously, check out other team's injuries. This stuff happens all the time.

But way to not answer the question. Note, I'm not complaining about the ideology of simply being "cautious", rather the outright rejection of any and all optimistic reports as being wrong.

It's one thing to say "Hmmm, the reports look good, but I won't get excited until so and so is actually on the field playing, we've had a history of bad luck" and quite another to say "Hmmm, the reports look good. He's obviously out for the season".

Rendon and Purke will be good points of comparison precisely because other teams passed for health reasons
Now you're just being naive. Teams draft high risk/high reward players all the time. Don't act like the Nationals are the only team who have drafted someone who has had health issues before.

Do SABR fans just despise empirical evidence?
Misleading empirical evidence maybe. Though, I'm not sure how SABR got into this...

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #165: April 11, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »

Now you're just being naive. Teams draft high risk/high reward players all the time. Don't act like the Nationals are the only team who have drafted someone who has had health issues before.

Rendon was projected to go first, teams were scarred off by his injuries. We know that. People can claim that LaRoche and Marquis were healthy when signed, but with Rendon, there are published reports of (in order) him being the number 1 pick in the draft, getting injured, slipping to us at 6. With Purke, every other team passed multiple times because of health concerns our medical staff didn't share- I think there are perfect test cases.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #166: April 11, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
Rendon was projected to go first, teams were scarred off by his injuries. We know that. People can claim that LaRoche and Marquis were healthy when signed, but with Rendon, there are published reports of (in order) him being the number 1 pick in the draft, getting injured, slipping to us at 6. With Purke, every other team passed multiple times because of health concerns our medical staff didn't share- I think there are perfect test cases.

I'm positive that LaRoche was hurt when signed. I've searched and searched for articles that said as much... but I can never find them.

To this day, still my most certain of mindfacts!

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #167: April 11, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »

I wouldn't say our medical staff didn't share the concerns. But there's a reason why a team might draft a top high school player over a solid college player. You take on a higher risk, but you're ceiling is usually much higher.

Do you believe Rendon and Purke would have gone undrafted?

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #168: April 11, 2012, 12:11:43 PM »
But what if Dr. Andrews got a C in med school?

Then he would probably have a whole series of misdiagnoses and botched surgeries which would lead those who don't believe in bogeymen to question his competency.

Others would likely then claim that they had no basis on which to question the great, powerful, and all-knowing doctor and blame individual injuries on inadequate balance of the humours.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #169: April 11, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »
I wouldn't say our medical staff didn't share the concerns. But there's a reason why a team might draft a top high school player over a solid college player. You take on a higher risk, but you're ceiling is usually much higher.

Do you believe Rendon and Purke would have gone undrafted?

Rendon went six and signed a huge deal- do you really think that we would have either drafted him that high or given him that deal if health was a concern? If health wasn't a concern why did the almost universally acclaimed best bat in the draft (and number 1 over all by many people) slip to 6?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #170: April 11, 2012, 12:22:30 PM »
I blame the king of the shiner trolls.  LostYudite has him completely nailed.

That's Dr. LostYudite to you and me, Chief.

Seriously, this is really not much of a debate. LY says our doctors are idiots. I say our doctors are no more idiotic than any other doctors.

Just a couple of opinions really. I don't know how either of us can back it up. Another typical discussion on this board.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #171: April 11, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
Then he would probably have a whole series of misdiagnoses and botched surgeries which would lead those who don't believe in bogeymen to question his competency.

Others would likely then claim that they had no basis on which to question the great, powerful, and all-knowing doctor and blame individual injuries on inadequate balance of the humours.

Did you have too much caffeine this morning. It was a joke, really.

I'm not saying no one has a basis to question our doctors. I'm just saying they are no worse than any other doctors, IMO. This is tough stuff, this doctoring.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #172: April 11, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »
Seriously, check out other team's injuries. This stuff happens all the time.

But way to not answer the question. Note, I'm not complaining about the ideology of simply being "cautious", rather the outright rejection of any and all optimistic reports as being wrong.

It's one thing to say "Hmmm, the reports look good, but I won't get excited until so and so is actually on the field playing, we've had a history of bad luck" and quite another to say "Hmmm, the reports look good. He's obviously out for the season".
Misleading empirical evidence maybe. Though, I'm not sure how SABR got into this...

Sanity!

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #173: April 11, 2012, 12:30:17 PM »

Seriously, this is really not much of a debate. LY says our doctors are idiots. I say our doctors are no more idiotic than any other doctors.

TMZ Hidden camera of Mets Medical Staff talking with David Wright about his injured pinkie

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #174: April 11, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
Did you have too much caffeine this morning. It was a joke, really.

Mine too - come on, "balance of the humours?"  That one killed back in med school.....much like the Nats docs.  ;)