Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417475 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2100: September 28, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »
Minty Trolling out the welcome mat.

:roll:

:mg:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2101: September 28, 2012, 01:15:27 PM »
:mg:

On a family trip a few weekends ago we passed an SUV with a bunch of bumper stickers, but one stood out above the rest, a bold white letting and deep blue background "YANKEES SUCK".  We all got a chuckle out of it, and I knew that Minty would approve.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2102: September 28, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »
On a family trip a few weekends ago we passed an SUV with a bunch of bumper stickers, but one stood out above the rest, a bold white letting and deep blue background "YANKEES SUCK".  We all got a chuckle out of it, and I knew that Minty would approve.

I wish that was my vehicle. 

My proudest parental achievement to date is to have taught all of my kids to chant "Yankees suck!" and "RPI SUCKS!" at the appropriate times (which is pretty much always).

My wife hates me.  :lol:

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #2103: September 28, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »
Welcome, NationalHeat.  I admire that you were able to become hooked in the 100 loss era, especially when it seemed the Marlins owned the Nats.  Bad owners will drive away fans.  I'm sure you've seen the LAC / LANC debates (If you ignore them, then you are not only welcome but also smarter than most of us).  Somehow, someway, the ownership here seems to have brought in good people and let them do their job.  That's a nice change from Loria.

Thanks, I think baseball is best to follow when you can watch all 162 games, liaten to them on the radio, actually go to the stadium, etc - so thats what really got me hooked early on.

I guess I don't think the Lerners are cheap OR not cheap; I think they're just regular, middle-of-the-road owners who are successful now because they hired the right leader, who then hired the right staff and made the right moves. Commend them for letting Rizzo spend in the draft/ locking up cost controlled guys, but without forgetting they look silly with the WMATA thing and letting those 05-09 teams look so bad.

Now Loria, THAT IS BAD. They dealt this generation's best hitter to spend on Hanley, saying they couldn't afford both, only to be outed by Deadspin 3 years later. They ROBBED the county of $600 million to build a still half empty stadium, and have hired/fired like 30 managers in less than a decade. Yeah, they also don't spend on the draft.

Lerners are a godsend after having to experience 3 firesales and a meddling owner!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2104: September 29, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »
stras37?

pissburgs only friend is imaginary riggleman

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2105: October 02, 2012, 01:13:33 AM »
Hi everyone!

I used to be a regular poster a few years back, and I'm planning on become a regular once again.  I should reintroduce myself: I'm currently an 18-year-old college student at the University of North Carolina at Asheville, originally from Vermont.  When I used to post here, I pretended to be older than I was so I'd be taken more seriously...I hope you all can understand.  Anyway, I'm older and wiser now (although, hey, moderator wasn't bad for 14), and I hope to enjoy the Nats' upcoming postseason with you all, and hopefully much more great Nationals baseball to come!

Offline saratogaslim

« Reply #2106: October 06, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »
Hi folks :)

I've been lurking around here for a little bit, and decided to join and maybe chat a little during such a great time.  I live in Arlington, VA, and have been a baseball fan since I was tiny.  I grew up in Connecticut, on the NY side, and am a lifelong Yankees fan (don't hit me), but after 14 years living here, I was beyond thrilled when baseball came back to DC.  I've been lucky enough to be in on season tix on and off since 2005, and am just so excited to see what this team has become.  And even in the lean times, it's amazing how much they grew on me - having baseball local is a wonderful thing.

Looking forward to enjoying the post season and beyond with you all! :)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2107: October 06, 2012, 12:23:06 PM »
Welcome back 2k6 and Welcome Saratoga Slim!  Glad to have you aboard!

2k6, must be nice to have someone on the team whos as young as you are.  We'll just chalk that other stuff up to minor league youthful enthusiasm!  ;)

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #2108: October 08, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
Hi everyone!

I used to be a regular poster a few years back, and I'm planning on become a regular once again.  I should reintroduce myself: I'm currently an 18-year-old college student at the University of North Carolina at Asheville, originally from Vermont.  When I used to post here, I pretended to be older than I was so I'd be taken more seriously...I hope you all can understand.  Anyway, I'm older and wiser now (although, hey, moderator wasn't bad for 14), and I hope to enjoy the Nats' upcoming postseason with you all, and hopefully much more great Nationals baseball to come!

:shock: Didn't you claim to be a cop or something? :lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2109: October 08, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »

Hey, it's the internet.   I'm a Nobel Prize winner.   :P

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2110: October 08, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
I have hair and am a body builder.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2111: October 12, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »

Haha definitely not!  I think I "was" a law student at GWU...maybe my no-nonsense moderating style gave you that impression :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2112: October 12, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
Holy crap. Fooled me.
Hi everyone!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #2113: October 20, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
Haha definitely not!  I think I "was" a law student at GWU...maybe my no-nonsense moderating style gave you that impression :lol:

I could swear that you said something about your job in law enforcement.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2114: October 21, 2012, 08:58:17 AM »
Maybe the Clsrk Kent of body builders.  Mild mannered lawyer with the ability to leap tall stacks of lawbriefs in a single bound ?

I have hair and am a body builder.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2115: October 21, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »
Maybe the Clsrk Kent of body builders.  Mild mannered lawyer with the ability to leap tall stacks of lawbriefs in a single bound ?

I'd say I have the ability to leap binders of briefs, but after last Tuesday, I think I'd have to post evidence in BWT.

Offline bshep86

• Thank you Davey!

Offline LomboLover

« Reply #2117: October 24, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
Hi all,

Ali checking in here. Most of you will know me as Copecwby20's girlfriend or recognize me from various posts in the Unscensored section due to my love's inability to behave himself on the internet when he gets drunk. New Nats fan here. Adam took me to my first game in September and I was kind of hooked. Ended up going to 8 games between Sept and Oct including home game 1 of the NLDS. It sure makes my visits over to his place easier because the first part of our relationship involved me picking up a case of beer and heading over to his house so he could ignore me and get drunk until the game was over. Now I constantly harrass for him for game updates when I am stuck at work or can't watch and look forward to April 1st for my first full season as a Nats fan.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2118: October 24, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »
If he ignores you, go to the game and head up to the Red Loft pregame where you can hang out with fellow nats fans!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2119: October 25, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
LL - Welcome.  You even have a minifig in the LEGO thread.

Offline LomboLover

« Reply #2120: November 01, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
LL - Welcome.  You even have a minifig in the LEGO thread.

I saw that! :) I think it's kinda cool that he did some up for me and Cope.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2121: November 01, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
heading over to his house so he could ignore me and get drunk until the game was over.

:lmao:  :clap:

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #2122: November 19, 2012, 12:40:46 PM »
Hello all, new member here. Found this forum, and am really excited to be able to chat with Nats fan. Got to my first game at Nationals Park this last season and what a thrill it was! (I don't reside in the area) I work for an NFL team, so I see a different side of professional sports, but am still a huge fan of sports in general at heart. Really excited about the present and the future of the Washington Nationals. In the mean time, really excited to chat with a lot of you!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2123: November 19, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »
Welcome.  Big fan of Disney films, too?

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #2124: November 19, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
Welcome.  Big fan of Disney films, too?
LOL, yes.