Author Topic: Research on pitching mechanics (& a note about Strasburg)  (Read 1684 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
BTW - It looks like you were right about the graphs, but, from today's Cafardo, he has this:
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2010/08/01/in_final_analysis_some_did_better_than_others/?page=4
I don't know how he gets to the conclusion that Pagliarulo called it when Pags diagnosis, not mentioned in the article, seems to be the direct opposite of the data on pitch/fx.
SDB - thanks for your perspective.  Like I said up thread, I think he and Cafardo have a mutual admiration / touting society.  Also, as the quote says, what Pags claims he saw in Strasburg looks like the exact opposite of what the pitch/fx plot shows about Strasburg's release point.  Lot's of folks can claim to be vindicated by saying "Stras is an injury waiting to happen."  Cooper from the White Sox, O'Leary and his inverted W, etc. . .  So Pags is piling on when the man is down.  I'm not defending the guy - I just picked up the point and wanted more knowledgeable people to tell if it was BS.

Does a UCL tear dramatically when it is jerked wrong one too many times or does it fray like a rotator cuff?  Can UCL weakness be picked up before it tears?