Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 416948 times)

Offline ajcartwright

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2250: April 30, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »
Introduction thread
is not in a haiku form
what is this bullcrap?
:D

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #2251: April 30, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »
Haiku baseball posts
Harmony of the passions
Truly this is art

wow! :worship:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2252: April 30, 2013, 04:11:42 PM »
Haiku baseball posts
Harmony of the passions
Truly this is art

freaking houston-nat
is way better at haiku
I should just give up.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #2253: April 30, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »

No haiku can win
A battle with Godzilla
He always comes back.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2255: April 30, 2013, 07:54:38 PM »
Welcome to WNFF - we are in the outer banks

hello -  first, sorry for the belated intro. second, thank you for letting me in.
I came to the Nats with Strasburg. have always loved MLB but cut it off completely
when the strike gave me no world series....got kinda intrigued when Sosa & Mac were on their HR
tear then left again. but Strasburg really got me interested again and through watching him I became
a fan of the Nats. discovered Werth,  the Zimmermans,  Morse, even Carp & FP. I really enjoy watching
these guys play ball. then along came Harper to cement the deal. I think Bryce is this generations
Mickey Mantle and count myself lucky to be able to watch him. you could argue that I'm a late-coming, band wagoner who will jump ship if the Nats aren't competitive, and i admit that could happen,  but here I am today and loving it.
watch the Nats on MASN2 in North Carolina
also I kinda like haiku

Offline WCD9973

Hi All -Just joined.
Gone to Nats games since 2005, and have made my son (who is 11) a die hard Nats fan (Not so easy during many of those years).
1st year STH's this year as well!!

Offline mdnatsfan

Nats fan since '05 (got in on ground floor!), but from Philly originally, so despise Skins and Caps. But never liked B-ball growing up, but 2005 coincides with son's first year in b-ball, so I started rooting for Nats. Now love b-ball and Nats, and hate Phillies' fans.

So, glad to find a better board than the MLB board. I'm waltnatsfan there.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Nats fan since '05 (got in on ground floor!), but from Philly originally, so despise Skins and Caps. But never liked B-ball growing up, but 2005 coincides with son's first year in b-ball, so I started rooting for Nats. Now love b-ball and Nats, and hate Phillies' fans.

So, glad to find a better board than the MLB board. I'm waltnatsfan there.

Hello mdnatsfan,

This board was born of the inadequacies of the MLB board back in the inaugural season.  There some friends of mine and quality posters there, but this forum offers a lot of advantages.  Welcome and make yourself at home.

Offline nicefellow31

Hello WNFF. My name is John, originally from Capitol Heights MD and currently residing in Newport News VA.  Retired USAF in addition to being a Nats fan, I root for the Skins (ST holder) Wizards (glutton for punishment right?) and Terps.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Welcome, nicefellow.  We can use some of that niceness around here at times. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Hello WNFF. My name is John, originally from Capitol Heights MD and currently residing in Newport News VA.  Retired USAF in addition to being a Nats fan, I root for the Skins (ST holder) Wizards (glutton for punishment right?) and Terps.

Welcome to the WNFF, ex P.G. County auxilary.

Online blue911

Welcome, nicefellow.  We can use some of that niceness around here at times.

piss off

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Dude! Glad you made it here from Twitter.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
  Retired USAF in addition to being a Nats fan,

I didn't know we allowed zoomies on this board....welcome anyway!

Offline saltydad

Welcome newbies and welcome to the vets group here!

Offline CALSGR8

Welcome new people!   Some new insights are always welcome. Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain (the wizard of blue911) he's harmless

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
So I'm not new, but I never introduced myself either...moved around the DC area a bit in my youth but consider Kensington my hometown, currently reside in Urbana.  Maryland Alum class of 1999 Go Terps!.  Proud Walter Johnson Wildcat (how could I not be a Nats fan)?  Also big Incredible Hulk fan!

Offline CALSGR8

So I'm not new, but I never introduced myself either...moved around the DC area a bit in my youth but consider Kensington my hometown, currently reside in Urbana.  Maryland Alum class of 1999 Go Terps!.  Proud Walter Johnson Wildcat (how could I not be a Nats fan)?  Also big Incredible Hulk fan!
WALTER JOHNSON WILD CAT?!   Man that sounds weird.   When I graduated they were the Spartans!   Welcome to a fellow grad!

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
WALTER JOHNSON WILD CAT?!   Man that sounds weird.   When I graduated they were the Spartans!   Welcome to a fellow grad!

Yea some years ago, they merged with Woodward HS.  They decided to take the mascot of Woodward (Wildcats) and the Colors of WJ (Kelly Green and White).

Offline CALSGR8

Yea some years ago, they merged with Woodward HS.  They decided to take the mascot of Woodward (Wildcats) and the Colors of WJ (Kelly Green and White).

Yeah!   I know.   Just seeing it in print is weird.   Their publications are the same though:

NEWSPAPER =The Pitch
YEARBOOK = The Windup

Offline natidude

« Reply #2271: June 02, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
I'm new here - Nats fan since they moved to town. Grew up O's fan, as my dad went to school with a former manager in high school & college. Don't hold it against me.

Currently in Arlington, grew up playing ball, but didn't have the talent to get past HS varsity ball.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2272: June 02, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »
I'm new here - Nats fan since they moved to town. Grew up O's fan, as my dad went to school with a former manager in high school & college. Don't hold it against me.

Currently in Arlington, grew up playing ball, but didn't have the talent to get past HS varsity ball.

Welcome

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2273: June 02, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »

You should still be playing!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2274: June 02, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »

I know I won't hold it against you.   You'll get some ribbing though.

Welcome