Author Topic: The baseball Gods are sodomizing us  (Read 811 times)

Offline rileyn

The baseball Gods are sodomizing us
« Topic Start: September 20, 2005, 09:46:38 PM »
"Here Washington, DC - Here is your team after 33 years.  Here is a fast start to get you excited.  NOW TAKE THIS!!!!!!!!  AND THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND NOW TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How do you like your team now, Punks?"

Why do I feel like some higher being all rolled up into one big image of a mixture of Peter Gammons, Buster Olney, Jayson Stark, John Kruk, Peter Angelos, and Bud Selig are looking down and laughing their asses off at us?

dotsandloops

« Reply #1: September 20, 2005, 09:54:13 PM »
HEY!  Have you heard what's going on in Washington?  Hard-nosed action, inning after inning, baseball the way baseball's supposed to be played!

It was always cheesy, but that advertisement just mocks me now.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #2: September 20, 2005, 10:56:44 PM »
Well we can all take solace in the fact that last year there wasn't a team here to be pissed at.  That is all...

Sens2005

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: September 20, 2005, 11:22:14 PM »
If we finish above .500 and ahead of the Mets, I will still be happy.  Everyone here knew that a playoff berth was a long shot.

hillnat

« Reply #4: September 21, 2005, 07:40:21 AM »
Why in Gods name would they be laughing at us? I f anything they are envious of what an exciting albiet frustrating year it has been.  Its not enough to be happy to just have a team.  I f you dont want to win and get frustrated by horrible managerial moves then you dont need a team.  At what point then does the team become real? Do we have to just say we are happy to havethem forever?