Poll

POLL: Should Kristina Akra return in 2013 as Nationals' sideline reporter?

1. Yes.
81 (77.1%)
2. No. Get someone else.
2 (1.9%)
3. No. Eliminate the sideline reporter.
10 (9.5%)
4. Undecided or don't care or doesn't matter.
12 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Kristina Akra replaced by MetsChick (pg.9)  (Read 63307 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
...all the crisis surrounding this team...and people are still worrying about some piece of eye candy hired by Peter Angelos....

Offline nats2playoffs

...all the crisis surrounding this team...and people are still worrying about some piece of eye candy hired by Peter Angelos....
Several years ago, it was expected that Bob Carpenter's contract would not be renewed. Someone on WNFF with inside information posted that some in the Nationals front office found him to be somewhat dull. Ericas Nats, who knew Bob (and who now lives in Seattle), mounted a WNFF email and write-in campaign to retain him, which succeeded.  People were writing to the Nationals front office, and not the Orioles.

For all of these reasons, I seriously doubt that Angelos made the decision to hire MetsChick .

Copecwby20 should just ask her who made the hiring decision.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Nats had Dibble removed, they do have control over the broadcast crew.

My guess is that Angelos sets the budget, by contrast it is the same for both teams, Baltimore hires a bunch of ex Orioles, while the Nats pick a team on the cheap and pocket the extra cash.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.

Offline Copecwby20

The Nats had Dibble removed, they do have control over the broadcast crew.

My guess is that Angelos sets the budget, by contrast it is the same for both teams, Baltimore hires a bunch of ex Orioles, while the Nats pick a team on the cheap and pocket the extra cash.

They treat our sideline gals like #5 starters, bring 'em in for a year and let them "audition" for a longer contract. The only difference between our sideline reports and our #5 starters is that the sideline reporters do their job. (Talking about Haren, even though "technically" he's a #4.)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Copecwby - I hear she has a hidden tattoo that says who hired her.  Can you do us a favor and work on finding out what it says?  This is strictly for research purposes, of course.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Shouldn't this poll question change to something like "Is the MetsChick as likable as Kristina Akra ?"

Or to get a real backlash, try "Is the Metschick better/worse than Debbi Taylor ?"

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Copecwby - I hear she has a hidden tattoo that says who hired her.  Can you do us a favor and work on finding out what it says?  This is strictly for research purposes, of course.

Pictures, in any case, whether this rumor is proved true or false, we need proof.  (Of course it would take multiple shots from all angles to prove the negative.)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

They treat our sideline gals like #5 starters, bring 'em in for a year and let them "audition" for a longer contract. The only difference between our sideline reports and our #5 starters is that the sideline reporters do their job. (Talking about Haren, even though "technically" he's a #4.)

At least we have a sideline reporter.  The Orioles don't, and they haven't had one for since Amber Theoharris left.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
^  That's a good thing.

Offline DC_Nats

So we already know that Haren won't do his job with only 17% of the season completed? Can that crystal ball of yours also tell us how many wins the Nats will have?

Offline Copecwby20

So we already know that Haren won't do his job with only 17% of the season completed? Can that crystal ball of yours also tell us how many wins the Nats will have?

It's random crap talking, calm down Francis.

Offline DC_Nats

It's random crap talking, calm down Francis.

Everybody calls me Psycho!! Don't call me Francis.

Offline nats2playoffs

Julie is awful.
PC is right though. But she's the prettiest chick we've had, IMO.
MetsChick needs to be more CONCISE.  She uses WAY too many words to deliver a report.  She's causing the play-by-play to be interrupted.  She blathers on LONGER than even Debbi Taylor did.  The broadcast is NOT about her getting more air time.  MASN deliberately cut these interruptions to a minimum in 2012.

She should be brief and to-the-point... and just embrace the Gatorade.

Offline blue911

MetsChick (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.) needs to be more CONCISE.  She uses WAY too many words to deliver a report.  She's causing the play-by-play to be interrupted.  She blathers on LONGER than even Debbi Taylor did.  The broadcast is NOT about her getting more air time.  MASN deliberately cut these interruptions to a minimum in 2012.

So you'd rather watch middle aged white men than her?

Offline madj55

He said she's causing the play-by-play to be interrupted which means that all we hear is her voice while the game is on the screen. They never show her for more than 15 seconds.

Offline blue911

He said she's causing the play-by-play to be interrupted which means that all we hear is her voice while the game is on the screen. They never show her for more than 15 seconds.

If at any time you are complaining about a nubile woman interfering with Yippie and Skippy you're doing it wrong.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
MetsChick (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.) needs to be more CONCISE.  She uses WAY too many words to deliver a report.  She's causing the play-by-play to be interrupted.  She blathers on LONGER than even Debbi Taylor did.  The broadcast is NOT about her getting more air time.  MASN deliberately cut these interruptions to a minimum in 2012.

Cause no one around here is too wordy!  ;)

Offline 1995hoo

Cause no one around here is too wordy!  ;)

In assessing her commentary, I think they're engaging in floccinaucinihilipilification.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I am digging Julie. Very polished. Nice smile.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'm totally in on Julie.

Offline HalfSmokes

she's the best we've had here by far

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
:thumbs:

If at any time you are complaining about a nubile woman interfering with Yippie and Skippy you're doing it wrong.

Offline hammondsnats

She likes to talk about herself a lot.

Offline HalfSmokes

She likes to talk about herself a lot.

that only matters if you listen to what she's saying