Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 416930 times)

Offline capsmp

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2050: July 27, 2012, 02:24:51 AM »
Greetings all,

As a long time Caps fan I can understand how many original Nats fans on here feel now. It is awesome for you to finally have a great team, but now there are noobs everywhereeeee. Well, i'm one of them. I've been going to a few random Nats games every year since the RFK days, but was never really into them that much. They were my #2 team far ahead of the Skins and Wizards, but weren't even close to the Caps. They still aren't really, but i've been watching a lot more games on tv lately, and i've gained a much larger interest in the Nats, and for baseball in general. 

One general question that i'm sure has been answered on here before: Where do you go for jerseys? I am a stickler for my NHL jerseys, and know that NHL.com is quite bad with customization, and ebay is flooded with fakes. I assume it is the same for MLB jerseys. I still find some great legit NHL jerseys on ebay, but I don't know what to look for at all for MLB jerseys, except for the obvious fakes.  I have ordered a few Caps jerseys from icejerseys.com, and they do great work, and they also have MLB jerseys. Also got one from rivercitysports, but I can't remember if they have MLB jerseys.

Thanks!

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #2051: July 27, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
Hi! And welcome - I am part of your noobkind and I have been accepted here :) you'll fit right in.

As for jerseys, I think the official MLB store will start putting them on sale later in the season (Sept?) so if you are willing to wait that is probably one option available to you.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #2052: July 27, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »
Hi! And welcome - I am part of your noobkind and I have been accepted here :) you'll fit right in.[...]

Nats posted a win in your GDT debut last week (Mets home, Game 2)...I'd say you're fitting right in.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2053: July 27, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
Welcome.  Quite a few Caps fans here as well...the Caps/hockey thread in OT gets a lot of activity during the season since it is a bit of a refuge from the poo throwing that prevails on the 'legit' Caps boards.  As for jerseys...well, I just wear eBay fakes LOL.

Greetings all,

As a long time Caps fan I can understand how many original Nats fans on here feel now. It is awesome for you to finally have a great team, but now there are noobs everywhereeeee. Well, i'm one of them. I've been going to a few random Nats games every year since the RFK days, but was never really into them that much. They were my #2 team far ahead of the Skins and Wizards, but weren't even close to the Caps. They still aren't really, but i've been watching a lot more games on tv lately, and i've gained a much larger interest in the Nats, and for baseball in general. 

One general question that i'm sure has been answered on here before: Where do you go for jerseys? I am a stickler for my NHL jerseys, and know that NHL.com is quite bad with customization, and ebay is flooded with fakes. I assume it is the same for MLB jerseys. I still find some great legit NHL jerseys on ebay, but I don't know what to look for at all for MLB jerseys, except for the obvious fakes.  I have ordered a few Caps jerseys from icejerseys.com, and they do great work, and they also have MLB jerseys. Also got one from rivercitysports, but I can't remember if they have MLB jerseys.

Thanks!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2054: July 28, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
Hello Robby and Capsmp. 

Welcome!

SENATORS/NATS/CAPS FAN here.  Root for the Os too when Not playing the Nats ( much to some around here dismay)

Offline Knight

« Reply #2055: July 31, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
Here I am, as Knight.  I am a huge MLB fan.  I have a goal of getting to all 30 MLB stadiums.  I have been to 19.   I am a midwest guy whose home team has always been the Kansas City Royals.  Then I moved out here in 2010.  I had a chance to go to several Nats games.  I always like to follow a team I can see every day or nearly every day on tv/radio/in person, etc.  So here I was, following two perennially losing teams!   But it was still fun.  I listen to the Royals a lot.  But starting last year I really did start following the Nats more.   Now this year!   I love it.   My dream if I won the lottery was  always to move to a city with a winning MLB team for one summer and go to as many games as possible.  Bingo!!! I am in the city with the best team in baseball!   

My sports heritage goes back to being a Nebraska Husker fan.  I am an alumnus and former faculty member at the University of Nebraska.  So I was a huge college baseball fan there too.

I look forward to intelligent baseball conversation and winning ways in the Nation's Capital.

p.s. (playoff tickets anyone?!)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2056: July 31, 2012, 04:28:28 PM »
Welcome Knight.  We have at least one other Nebraska fan, DPMOmaha, who doubles as our UNO hockey scribe and lets us know the latest doing at the college world series every year. 

BTW - I merged the "contender" topic into the larger trade deadline thread, mostly because it discussed your views on staying pat at the deadline.

Offline Clever

« Reply #2057: August 03, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
Hello. I am Clever.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2058: August 03, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »
Hello. I am Clever.

We'll have to see about that!

Just kidding!  Welcome!  Where are you from?

Offline Clever

« Reply #2059: August 04, 2012, 12:50:05 AM »
I've lived in DC for my whole life.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #2060: August 04, 2012, 08:42:25 AM »
I've lived in DC for my whole life.

Does that make you "new" DC or "old" DC? 

Offline Clever

« Reply #2061: August 04, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »
In between.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2062: August 04, 2012, 12:59:17 PM »
Hello. I am Clever.

Is your first name Bever?

Offline Clever

« Reply #2063: August 04, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
Is your first name Bever?
Yes. I was in the unaired pilot.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2064: August 04, 2012, 03:28:07 PM »
Yes. I was in the unaired pilot.

Well played sir.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #2065: August 07, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »
Welcome Knight and Clever.

Offline WhiteWhale

« Reply #2066: August 14, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »
Hello All,

My name is Tim, though I can assure you I am not the Tim that is in my avi. I'm from Richmond, which based on the gear that is showing up in stores and on bodies, is quickly becoming Nats-Town jr.

I have been following the team since their arrival and reading the board as a guest for a couple years, and though I decided it was time to register, I won't be posting a lot. Most of what needs to be said gets said by the big boys, and it's not as if picking a side to the MDS Vs. BiL type quibbles will add anything to my life.

Wanted to take a second to give some thanks to guys whom I have no idea who they are and would not recognize them in a bar, but they sure as heck add to my reading pleasure. This is not everyone from the forum that adds a lot, or makes me laugh or think but...

OC - thanks for all the info you add - weather, comparative wins, etc. Don't know how you got put up to it, or if you just enjoy it, but it's appreciated.

Welch - thanks for the historical references. As a relatively younger guy it has broadened my understanding of DC Baseball and I’m glad it has.

JCA - keep the stats and the sound commentary coming. You often make the point I wanted to make before I knew how, or realized that is how I felt.

Looking forward to the continued reading and the occasional comment

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2067: August 14, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »
Hey, WhiteWhale, Rizzo's been looking for you for a while. He should post here so he can find you.

Welcome to the board, and thanks for the kind words.  It's not the number of posts, it's the quality, so feel free to chime in when the moment is right.  My "it's time to shut up because the correct words have been written" guy is NJ Ave.  Not a huge post count, but always on the money. 

Offline stanleycaps98

• I root for the laundry
« Reply #2068: August 14, 2012, 05:52:23 PM »
Long time reader, first time poster.

Lifelong Washingtonian and former Orioles fan (grew up with the good teams in the late 1970's to the early 1990's.  I haven't set foot in Camden Yards since 1995.

I have been following this team since its arrival and am just thrilled to see this season unfold and look forward to discussion in this forum.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2069: August 14, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »
Welcome Stanley!

Make yourself at home.  No need to tip your hand as to where you stand on LAC-LANC unless you really feel compelled to divulge.    :roll:      :lol:

Offline stanleycaps98

• I root for the laundry
« Reply #2070: August 14, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »
With Kasten, LAC, with Rizzo, LANC.

Easy answer.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #2071: August 16, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
Welcome.  Quite a few Caps fans here as well...the Caps/hockey thread in OT gets a lot of activity during the season since it is a bit of a refuge from the poo throwing that prevails on the 'legit' Caps boards.  As for jerseys...well, I just wear eBay fakes LOL.

My son and I have followed the Caps closely since we stayed up late to listen to the Caps / Islanders 6-overtime (OK...almost six) loss in Game 7 about 1987. My wife and daughter had gone to sleep, so we turned on the AM radio (Islanders TV was an extra-pay channel then) and thought, OK, next year.

Used to be a regular Christmas present to go to Washington to see a Saturday afternoon game one a season...starting with a thrilling 1 - 1 tie against the Blues...Miller and Ridley plus Gartner, Stevens / Hatcher / Murphy / Langway on defense. An entirley different game when you can see the players skate and pass, then hear the "thud" when a shot hits the boards.

Like Ali, I got tired of reading the brainless insults on the Caps board, the perpetual arguments that Real Men like hockey fights etc etc.

One of my best memories is taking a Metro from Shady Grove, near my company HQ, and riding with real "hockey nuts" to MCI Center for a pair of playoff games the year they made the Cup finals. Got a free ticket one night (maybe against Ottowa?) because the house had been about half-empty the game before. Sat just to the left of Olie in the 400s, saw him make a save by clamping a sliding puck to the ice with the toe-point of his left blade. Puck half over the line.

Yes, you are here with many Caps fans, and even some old-time Nats fans.

Welcome to your own baseball team!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2072: August 17, 2012, 06:55:44 PM »
With Kasten, LAC, with Rizzo, LANC.

Easy answer.

Solid - KIS - Kasten is stupid

Offline sirtoby77

« Reply #2073: August 22, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
sirtoby from munich, germany. forgot password before 1st post. following team since 2009

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2074: August 22, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »
Welcome sirtoby.  When you visit Nats Park, don't be offended by what we call bratwurst.