Poll

After a careful review of the available evidence, I have concluded that the Nats organization is

just plain cheap
merely incompetent
cheap AND incompetent
a superbly run business
dealing with a guy who holds a grudge for reasons beyond slow pay

Author Topic: "Stinger" Steve Ray calls out the Nats for being slow pay  (Read 9321 times)

Offline hammondsnats

You're the most annoying by far. But I did enjoy your "drum" post :)

thanks!  hey maryland basketball season is here!!!

but while you or anyone may think i'm annoying, i think the way the nats owners treat the fans is annoying.  monkey see, monkey do. 

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
You're assuming that he didn't speak to anyone about it.  That seems like a stretch to me.

Why not mention what they told him? And why are they so quick with the payment when it is on a blog, but not when they employ talks to them directly? It has the feel that his blog post was the first they heard about it. It also has the feel that Kasten didn't like him and wanted him to quit and was paying him late on purpose, and he got forgoten about in the change over.

Either way this is a big bungle from the business side of the front office. Which is actually worse than baseball bungles as I have heard the Lerners know how to run a business. Of course they are also used to dealing with contractors who never pay anyone on time.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
thanks!  hey maryland basketball season is here!!!

but while you or anyone may think i'm annoying, i think the way the nats owners treat the fans is annoying.  monkey see, monkey do. 

You just called yourself a monkey, now that's fitting :)

Yes! Psyched for Maryland hoops, always. Did you watch the srimmage? The kids looked great, fast break basketball, passes all over the court. It was fun.

Offline hammondsnats

You just called yourself a monkey, now that's fitting :)

Yes! Psyched for Maryland hoops, always. Did you watch the srimmage? The kids looked great, fast break basketball, passes all over the court. It was fun.

they are going to be so fast AND deep.  call me crazy, i wouldn't be surprised to see this team get to the sweet 16 if they are clicking on all cylinders.  i wish i could be as optimistic about the nats as i am about the terps.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Let's get back on topic about the Lerner's cheapness.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
It has the feel that his blog post was the first they heard about it. It also has the feel that Kasten didn't like him and wanted him to quit and was paying him late on purpose, and he got forgoten about in the change over.

If he's the guy that's steamed about the PA announcer choice, and I think he is, that would fit.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
if everyone stopped talking about people talking about frugality there would be a lot less posts about it :?

Offline hammondsnats

Let's get back on topic about the Lerner's cheapness.

(Image removed from quote.)

better?  8)

nats ticket office: hello mr. hammondsnats, would you like to re-new tickets this year?

hammondsnats:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
if everyone stopped talking about people talking about frugality there would be a lot less posts about it :?

You're such a jerk

:)

Offline The Chief

You're such a jerk

:)

Why don't you just ignore me? :mg:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Why don't you just ignore me? :mg:

Bite me tiny

Now let's get back on topic damnit!

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
better?  8)

nats ticket office: hello mr. hammondsnats, would you like to re-new tickets this year?

hammondsnats:(Image removed from quote.)

Wouldn't you rather they show Dunn, Werth, and Lee the money than you. No offense but I won't renew if the Nationals sign you.

Offline hammondsnats

Wouldn't you rather they show Dunn, Werth, and Lee the money than you. No offense but I won't renew if the Nationals sign you.

haha none taken, but you're missing my point.  i want them to get dunn/werth/lee.  that's where i want them to show me the money.

i'm going to continue and be stubborn and not make a move on getting tickets next season or adding any merchandise, etc until the Nats show they are willing to spend on a better product. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Time for a poll!

:stir:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
B and E  (incompetent and a grudge)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
B and E  (incompetent and a grudge)

I edited E to eliminate some of the overlap.

Offline hammondsnats

B and E

Bacon and Eggs?

(gotta love dane cook)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Bacon and Eggs?

(gotta love dane cook)

He's referring to the poll I added at the top of the thread.  Have your vote counted!

Offline NatsDad14

Remember the Rosenthal reports and all those people from Mr. Lerner's past companies? They can't all be wrong.

Offline The Chief

what rosenthal reports do people keep referring to?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I edited E to eliminate some of the overlap.

Thanks TT.   In that case, I changed it to "B" only.    I think not getting paid on time is a legitimate complaint and not necessarily a grudge.   I guess I'm just not enamoured with the detail of his complaint.   No need to drop names and write about the PA job.    Just quit  ....

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
B&E as well.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Sadly, C.

Too many stories from people that are leaving that points to both the Lerners being over their heads, and too tight fisted with their money to ever be owners that care about anything other than profit.

Offline spidernat

C, but mostly cheap.

Offline spidernat

Breaking and Entering into people's wallets without offering them a return on their money