Author Topic: Job scoring minor league games  (Read 1935 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Job scoring minor league games
« Reply #1: February 14, 2011, 05:47:57 PM »
You really want me to sleep on the couch for a month, don't you?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #2: February 14, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
Interesting.  Worth a look perhaps...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #3: February 14, 2011, 06:33:49 PM »
No Bowie is too much of a commute.   Nearest VA is Richmond & Norfolk.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #4: February 14, 2011, 06:42:32 PM »
If this was short-season-A, I would be on this like stink on crap.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #5: February 15, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »
I think a friend of mine will definitely be applying. She tried to teach me how to keep score on pad and paper back when ... oh but you don't need to hear the rest of that story.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #6: February 15, 2011, 11:48:05 AM »
I'll apply for the Richmond spot.

I used to score games all the time when I went to the ballpark.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: February 15, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »
And they want whoever applies and gets the job to do this, to use their words, "on your personal computer". Why cant they provide the scorekeeper with at least a cheap laptop that would (or could) stay at the park?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #8: February 18, 2011, 09:27:38 PM »
So, I filled out their questions and they're sending me out the test materials.  I'll be curious to see how it all works.  I wonder if it's a press box gig or if they expect whoever does it to sit in the stands.  I don't think I'd want to do that.

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
« Reply #9: February 19, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
So, I filled out their questions and they're sending me out the test materials.  I'll be curious to see how it all works.  I wonder if it's a press box gig or if they expect whoever does it to sit in the stands.  I don't think I'd want to do that.

you'll get a better POV from the stands behind home then from up in a minor league press box

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #10: May 08, 2011, 09:54:42 AM »

Did you get the job?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #11: May 08, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
I never finished the process.  I'm in a position this summer where I can't be traveling to Omaha as regularly as I would need to to make it worth the commute.  Too bad, too, because there's some really good talent in Omaha this year.  Maybe next year it will work out better. 

Offline welch

« Reply #12: May 08, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
I'm tempted to apply next year for Trenton, since I just got a job not far from there. I drive to New Brunswick every day. This seems like a great way to really watch a ball game.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #13: May 09, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »
I'm tempted to apply next year for Trenton, since I just got a job not far from there. I drive to New Brunswick every day. This seems like a great way to really watch a ball game.
New Brunswick, NJ - I went to college there - Rutgers.

If you are in the area, catch the Independent Somerset Patriots team - real nice park for Indy ball.

As for driving from New Brunswick to Trenton every night - that doesn't sound like fun...

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #14: May 09, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that.

Offline welch

« Reply #15: May 09, 2011, 09:56:06 PM »

If you are in the area, catch the Independent Somerset Patriots team - real nice park for Indy ball.

As for driving from New Brunswick to Trenton every night - that doesn't sound like fun...

I drive from Manhattan to North Brunswick every morning, and back in the evening. Not a bit of fun.

Incidentally, we used to live in Montclair, NJ, and got see the Jersey Jackals independent team play at Yogi Berra field. A treat to be so close to the game, even with all the corny minor-league side games for the kids...running the bases against Jack the Jackal and so forth.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #16: May 09, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
I drive from Manhattan to North Brunswick every morning, and back in the evening. Not a bit of fun.

Incidentally, we used to live in Montclair, NJ, and got see the Jersey Jackals independent team play at Yogi Berra field. A treat to be so close to the game, even with all the corny minor-league side games for the kids...running the bases against Jack the Jackal and so forth.
Manhattan to NB every by car? Why not take the train?