Author Topic: Nationals vs Giants, Game 2  (Read 29921 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals vs Giants, Game 2
« Reply #500: July 05, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
The Tuesday and Wednesday attendances of 36,985 and 35,806 (respectively) are the Nats' best-ever against the Giants (best we ever did at RFK was 33,358 on 25th July 2006).

That's great because back in RFK days with Barry Bonds in full force the Giants were one of the top draws.  That HR he hit to the upper deck was a shot, it was still going up when it hit the mezzanine.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #501: July 05, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
For true seamheads 2009 was the ultimate year to be a Nats fan as we watched the seeds of excellence start to sprout.

Looking back on it but it sucked at the time.   I look at OC's stats and goodness   ...   what an ugly year.

I just thought I'd throw this out there... I really like Solano. He's been preforming for such short playing time.

I do too. I'm at the point where I'd like him and Flores to go 50/50 on playing time. Flores always seems to hit better when he's had a day off.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #502: July 05, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »
That's great because back in RFK days with Barry Bonds in full force the Giants were one of the top draws.  That HR he hit to the upper deck was a shot, it was still going up when it hit the mezzanine.

What may have dragged attendance against the Giants down in RFK days was the fact that in all three RFK seasons our home series against them was after the All-Star break, when the team was pretty much out of it (even in the year of the '05 Overachievers we played them at home in September - in fact that was our last non-divisional home series of the season).

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #503: July 05, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
The 1924 Nats hat got some mad love yesterday.  Hard not when you look this sharp:

(Image removed from quote.)

What size? My head is so damn big, I can't get a hat on it :lol: My Hagersburg Suns hat is a size 8 and it's snug :lmao: