Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 98471 times)

Offline 24 Nats

Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #650: August 29, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
Looks like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Seems a few others in here have the same problem.

very funny mds.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #651: August 30, 2012, 12:36:21 AM »
Cousins throws off his back foot a ton. Really needs to work on that.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #652: August 30, 2012, 01:30:26 AM »
Cousins throws off his back foot a ton. Really needs to work on that.

Don't diss Captain Kirk

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #653: August 30, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #654: August 30, 2012, 08:41:24 AM »

very funny mds.

Could Tribe Time be MDS?   It's like Superman and Clark Kent  ...  hmmmm.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #656: August 30, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »
Hmmm ... don't play RG3 ... win the game

QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY

:lol: @ you! Cousins did look pretty solid, but the games don't count yet. The defense was impressive too, but there again, a lot of vanilla on both sides. I'm not getting overly hyped, but I think, yet again, we'll be anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6 but more likely 7-9 or 8-8 because of the defense. Helu looked good too, may have been due to good blocking though.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #657: August 30, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »
Kirk Cousins = the new Colt Brennan.

Offline 24 Nats

« Reply #658: August 30, 2012, 02:29:26 PM »
Could Tribe Time be MDS?

a lot of coincidences.....mds disappears/tt appears.....mds favorite hat/symbol=cleve.indians.....mds trolled nats/tt trolls nats.....mds trolled 'skins/tt trolls 'skins.....mds obnoxious act old quick/tt same....

gotta believe the tt persona is an elaborate prank by mds....due to the above reasons....but mainly because nobody could possibly be that big of a douche in real life....it has to be an act.

well played mds.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #659: August 30, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »
that would be funny if tribe was MDS.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #660: August 30, 2012, 04:05:11 PM »

But sexier. And talented. And more awesome

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #661: August 30, 2012, 04:05:38 PM »
Lol those replacement refs.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #662: August 30, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »

That's not even close. Colt Brennan was a preseason fluke and it was generally accepted he'd never play in the NFL. Cousins had a lot of interest in the draft and has NFL talent.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #663: August 31, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »
That's not even close. Colt Brennan was a preseason fluke and it was generally accepted he'd never play in the NFL. Cousins had a lot of interest in the draft and has NFL talent.

winner, winner, chicken dinner! Cousins is an all-pro in comparison with Brennan. A couple of years from now, the Cousins pick may came out as being geinus. First off, he's looked solid as a back up, better than Rexy already. If he shows he can play in games that count, we could easily recoup the pick we spent on him. I think it's often underrated how valuable a quality back up is.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #664: August 31, 2012, 09:27:14 AM »
winner, winner, chicken dinner! Cousins is an all-pro in comparison with Brennan. A couple of years from now, the Cousins pick may came out as being geinus. First off, he's looked solid as a back up, better than Rexy already. If he shows he can play in games that count, we could easily recoup the pick we spent on him. I think it's often underrated how valuable a quality back up is.

I think the real value is in saving the coach's hide if he can play and if griffen busts. Without Cousins, the only other qb would be someone the home crowd boos in the preseason, now there is at least something else (and considering the lack of first round picks, he's probably the guy if things go bad).

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #665: August 31, 2012, 09:38:15 AM »
I think the real value is in saving the coach's hide if he can play and if griffen busts. Without Cousins, the only other qb would be someone the home crowd boos in the preseason, now there is at least something else (and considering the lack of first round picks, he's probably the guy if things go bad).

It was a smart move however you look at it. A team that needed both a starter and a decent back up get's both. And hell, the backup has the talent to develop into a starter. Maybe not right away, but in the future. The return on that investment could be very big. It was a very smart pick.

Do you hate Shanny that much? I think him and Bruce Allen have done a very good job in adding talent and youth to an old crappy roster. Not only that, but when was the last time there was this much excitement over the Skins because of one player? Griffin appears to be the type of player that can turn around a franchise and carry them on his back. I'm not saying he will do that, but the potential is clearly there.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #666: August 31, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »
It was a smart move however you look at it. A team that needed both a starter and a decent back up get's both. And hell, the backup has the talent to develop into a starter. Maybe not right away, but in the future. The return on that investment could be very big. It was a very smart pick.

Do you hate Shanny that much? I think him and Bruce Allen have done a very good job in adding talent and youth to an old crappy roster. Not only that, but when was the last time there was this much excitement over the Skins because of one player? Griffin appears to be the type of player that can turn around a franchise and carry them on his back. I'm not saying he will do that, but the potential is clearly there.

I'm not impressed with shanny at all, I think winning coaches almost never succeed in act 2, and I'd rather a GM with real power separate from the head coach. The excitement reminds me more of the bad old days that anything else (then again we did win the offseason again). You can say all you want about a better or deeper roster, but the win totals are moving in the wrong direction, and you can talk about building the right way, but he's spent 6 picks on 2 qbs (7 if you count cousins), and all those picks are in rounds that you can expect to find starters. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #667: August 31, 2012, 09:59:02 AM »
I'm not impressed with shanny at all, I think winning coaches almost never succeed in act 2, and I'd rather a GM with real power separate from the head coach. The excitement reminds me more of the bad old days that anything else (then again we did win the offseason again). You can say all you want about a better or deeper roster, but the win totals are moving in the wrong direction, and you can talk about building the right way, but he's spent 6 picks on 2 qbs (7 if you count cousins), and all those picks are in rounds that you can expect to find starters. 

You're a total cynic aren't you? The defense looks excellent. The offense will probably struggle, but should improve as the year goes on. I have reason for hope long term. As for the bad old days? Like spending draft picks and gobs of money on has beens and used to be's? Yeah I can see it... oh no, that's not the case at all. I also love how people keep saying we gave up 3 #1s to get Griffin, it was two. We swapped #1s and gave them 2. It's not that much different than what the Giants gave up for Eli Manning. How has that worked out for the Gmen? Shanny and Bruce Allen have done a much better job the last couple of years than the previous groups. One of the main reasons is that for once, Snyder is giving them leeway to get the guys they want as opposed to him treating the team like a Madden player. It's working. If it's instant gratification you're looking for, you'll be disappointed. Of course, we all hated how the Nats were being "built". How's that working out now?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #668: August 31, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »
You're a total cynic aren't you? The defense looks excellent. The offense will probably struggle, but should improve as the year goes on. I have reason for hope long term. As for the bad old days? Like spending draft picks and gobs of money on has beens and used to be's? Yeah I can see it... oh no, that's not the case at all. I also love how people keep saying we gave up 3 #1s to get Griffin, it was two. We swapped #1s and gave them 2. It's not that much different than what the Giants gave up for Eli Manning. How has that worked out for the Gmen? Shanny and Bruce Allen have done a much better job the last couple of years than the previous groups. One of the main reasons is that for once, Snyder is giving them leeway to get the guys they want as opposed to him treating the team like a Madden player. It's working. If it's instant gratification you're looking for, you'll be disappointed. Of course, we all hated how the Nats were being "built". How's that working out now?

griffen cost four picks, spin it how you want, but the cost was four picks, maybe we gave up three (based on that definition) but we spent four on him. My simple question is, if it's working and if we're improving, how did we end up with the 6th pick over all? You would expect that as a team gets deeper and the roster more talented, the win totals would slowly creep up, but they've gone in the opposite direction. Compare the team to the nats building, but when the nats good draft picks hit the major league roster, the team immediately started to win more games, so unless the skins are stashing their picks in some minor league, I don't see how the comparison is apt.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #669: August 31, 2012, 10:28:40 AM »
griffen cost four picks, spin it how you want, but the cost was four picks, maybe we gave up three (based on that definition) but we spent four on him. My simple question is, if it's working and if we're improving, how did we end up with the 6th pick over all? You would expect that as a team gets deeper and the roster more talented, the win totals would slowly creep up, but they've gone in the opposite direction. Compare the team to the nats building, but when the nats good draft picks hit the major league roster, the team immediately started to win more games, so unless the skins are stashing their picks in some minor league, I don't see how the comparison is apt.

When you switch to an entirely different offense and defensive scheme, do you really expect instant success? Our defense was laughable year one under Shanny. Year two? Much better. Now what about this year? The safety spot is questionable, for sure, but otherwise, they look even better than last year. The offensive line was solid last year until Lichtenstiger went down. Add a few more injuries, and it got real bad. Not to mention that even with protection, Grossman is worrisome. They thought they had something in Grossman and/or Beck, but found out they didn't. They added Kerrigan while adding a pile of picks. This year, they traded picks to get their man, RGIII. Go big or go home right? The offense should be a good bit better, but there will be struggles with a rookie under center. Anyone expecting a repeat of Newton will be sorely disappointed, but an improvement over last year should be possible. There's no question they gave Griffin weapons.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #670: August 31, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
When you switch to an entirely different offense and defensive scheme, do you really expect instant success? Our defense was laughable year one under Shanny. Year two? Much better. Now what about this year? The safety spot is questionable, for sure, but otherwise, they look even better than last year. The offensive line was solid last year until Lichtenstiger went down. Add a few more injuries, and it got real bad. Not to mention that even with protection, Grossman is worrisome. They thought they had something in Grossman and/or Beck, but found out they didn't. They added Kerrigan while adding a pile of picks. This year, they traded picks to get their man, RGIII. Go big or go home right? The offense should be a good bit better, but there will be struggles with a rookie under center. Anyone expecting a repeat of Newton will be sorely disappointed, but an improvement over last year should be possible. There's no question they gave Griffin weapons.

spin it however you want, Jim Zorn (possibly the worst coach in football at the time) with Vinny (the worst GM in the sport) had a .375 winning percentage, Shanahan, with presumably better players (everyone claims we're improving the roster), has a .344 winning percentage here. Shanny's first move was to get ripped off by a better coach in his own division (flushing two picks who should now be starters) and to trade for a tub of lard (another pick that should be starting this season). He went into season two staking his reputation on two qbs who were horrendous, and now he's spent three first and one second round pick on another qb, so yes, when it comes to shanahan, I am skeptical.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #671: August 31, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
spin it however you want, Jim Zorn (possibly the worst coach in football at the time) with Vinny (the worst GM in the sport) had a .375 winning percentage, Shanahan, with presumably better players (everyone claims we're improving the roster), has a .344 winning percentage here. Shanny's first move was to get ripped off by a better coach in his own division (flushing two picks who should now be starters) and to trade for a tub of lard (another pick that should be starting this season). He went into season two staking his reputation on two qbs who were horrendous, and now he's spent three first and one second round pick on another qb, so yes, when it comes to shanahan, I am skeptical.

Oh well, I'm happy with the progress I'm seeing. Be skeptical if you want, I'm going to take what I can get. I already have a RGIII jersey!

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #672: August 31, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
Oh well, I'm happy with the progress I'm seeing. Be skeptical if you want, I'm going to take what I can get. I already have a RGIII jersey!

I'm hoping to be proven wrong, to me 9-7 or 8-8 seems reasonable. The defensive rebuilding should be over, the skill positions are improved across the board (expect RB, but shanahan pulls them out of a hat), the qb is a rookie, but they've won recently. The only weakness should be the o line

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #673: August 31, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
I'm hoping to be proven wrong, to me 9-7 or 8-8 seems reasonable. The defensive rebuilding should be over, the skill positions are improved across the board (expect RB, but shanahan pulls them out of a hat), the qb is a rookie, but they've won recently. The only weakness should be the o line

I'm worried more about the secondary, safety in paticular. The line could use some work, but at least there's more depth and talent, just unproven.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #674: August 31, 2012, 04:16:47 PM »
I'm worried more about the secondary, safety in paticular. The line could use some work, but at least there's more depth and talent, just unproven.

With Jenkins healthy and Kerrigan a little older, I think the rush improves, and a good rush makes a secondary look a lot better. The o-line scares me, but I tell myself that the only reason is because blaming the o-line is the constant refrain from skin fans for the last decade, so maybe the receivers improving and a mobile qb will make the line look decent