Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 106872 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I like this commercial from Europe.

Offline wj73

I like this commercial from Europe.

So true!  I have a pure electric Nissan Leaf and it is silent inside and out. I have to be careful coming up behind pedestrians when turning corners and when in parking lots because they simply don't hear me at all - they look back and are quite startled to find a car behind them.  Manufacturers of electric cars have actually had to create something to generate a low noise when the car is moving so that pedestrians (especially blind ones) can hear you coming.  I love the way it drives - it doesn't feel like driving as much as it feels like floating on air.  And that thing has a lot of pep, too.  I've gotten to the point where I hate when I have to drive our other car which is a traditional gasoline-engine car - it feels so heavy and earthbound. 

Offline 1995hoo

Hopefully it'll stop running soon, given that the holiday was last week, but I'm really sick of that Washington's Birthday car commercial with the kids singing the presidents' last names.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
  Heard it last night!
Hopefully it'll stop running soon, given that the holiday was last week, but I'm really sick of that Washington's Birthday car commercial with the kids singing the presidents' last names.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Not a TV commercial, but the 1800 Kars for Kids commercial that plays all the time on ESPN 980.

Plays all the time on FM-106.7 too...really tiresome.

Offline CALSGR8

There us also an organization that spells cars correctly.   CARS FOR KIDS with a similar mission.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Plays all the time on FM-106.7 too...really tiresome.
Especially when the pedophile joins in and sings along with the kid. #creepy

Offline CALSGR8

Offline HalfSmokes

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?keyword_list=cars+for+kids&Submit2=Search&bay=search.results

no results for Cars for Kids, not sure I'd want to donate to an organization that's not listed

Offline GburgNatsFan

I'm pretty sure that creepy songs says "that's kars, with a K."

kars4kids.org

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I live in an area where you can hear banjos strumming in the nighttime air, so you can only imagine how idiotic the commercials are here.

Offline HalfSmokes

I'm pretty sure that creepy songs says "that's kars, with a K."

kars4kids.org

that's the one that's a scam

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
In fact, Kars4Kids and its parent charity Oorah were exposed as long ago as 2005 (can't recall hearing their silly ditty that long ago): http://kars4kids-scam.blogspot.com/

Offline GburgNatsFan

The one that advertises over and over is a scam???

that's the one that's a scam

Offline 1995hoo

New #1 annoyance on my list: The healthcare ad with the "Time of My Life" song where the woman tries to jump and be caught by her husband but instead lands on the table. First, I hate that song. Second, every time I hear her say "I came in too hot," I want the doctor to say, "No, you're just fat." (To be fair, so is the character's husband.)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Anyone catch the new Southwest bridesmaid dancing at weddings?  I got a kick out of it.  She's always a bridesmaid, so always going to weddings flying around. Last year, she dances with the 10 year old who places his hands on her butt, so she has to lift his hands.  This year, again with the weddings, again flying solo, again dancing crazily, then she gets thrown the bouquet and she has this look like "Huh? What?"

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Anyone catch the new Southwest bridesmaid dancing at weddings?  I got a kick out of it.  She's always a bridesmaid, so always going to weddings flying around. Last year, she dances with the 10 year old who places his hands on her butt, so she has to lift his hands.  This year, again with the weddings, again flying solo, again dancing crazily, then she gets thrown the bouquet and she has this look like "Huh? What?"

The missus likes those commercials as well.    Though I believe she may be wishing she was single and dancing at weddings around the country.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I enjoy the BMW Back Seat Driver commercials with Grandma.  But I hope these don't continue for months

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
The Atlanta Barves radio network has a commercial for "Cook's Pest Control" that I hear a bunch every spring listening to Nats games when that's the only broadcast available.

Their song goes like:

"Lookie, lookie, lookie...here comes Cookie! Cooks. Pest. Controllll"

and it hurts me.

Offline mitlen

The Atlanta Barves radio network has a commercial for "Cook's Pest Control" that I hear a bunch every spring listening to Nats games when that's the only broadcast available.

Their song goes like:

"Lookie, lookie, lookie...here comes Cookie! Cooks. Pest. Controllll"

and it hurts me.

That reminds me of an old joke  ....   :)

Offline blue911

That reminds me of an old joke  ....   :)

Reminds me of about half the ads that were run in the 60's.

Offline mitlen

Reminds me of about half the ads that were run in the 60's.

Before my time   ...

Offline blue911

Before my time   ...

Only cause western PA didn't get electricity until the 70's.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Only cause western PA didn't get electricity until the 70's.

He thought you meant 1860's...