Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171534 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #250: April 15, 2012, 10:24:18 PM »
Has anyone actually seen these items and where are the items located ?

The only thing I've seen are the flatbreads, at the new Dupont Deli location adjacent to the main Hard Times in the CF plaza.  The meatball skewer sounds good, but who the hell knows where it's being offered at.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #251: April 15, 2012, 10:26:12 PM »
When is the team going to put up pictures in the frames above the urinals that have been empty for the past couple years?  When the ballpark opened there were ads to be a cop in Arizona and to purchase ticket plans.  Given a choice I always picked a spot where I could look at the picture of the chick from the Nats Pack.  The next year it was noted on the message boards and blogs that the pictures had not been updated and they contained players no longer on the team so instead of updating the photos they were taken down.  So for the past couple seasons we've had brown cardboard backing to look at, which really indicates the level of thought going into the fan experience at Nats Park, if it is not revenue generating it is forgotten.  Wonder when the last time a Lerner stepped in a bathroom that was not in the owners suite.

Here is a picture from the Cards/Marlins spring training bathroom, pretty cool stuff for a urinal, all I'm asking for is a Curly W, or pictures of the players, or better yet player stats coming into the game for each team. 

(Note: one of these days I'm going to get motivated an print up my own pictures to slip into the frames, I have a feeling that team management would prefer to choose their own pictures to display.)

:lmao:  I was actually thinking the same thing as I was staring at a blank frame yesterday.  Why don't they just offer some cheap advertising?  I'm sure some company would take them up on it.  How about promos for MASN featuring Kristina Akra?  Or maybe they could do like they do in some bars and put little TVs at every urinal.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #252: April 15, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »
If we haven't scared NATSCSMGR off, here's a serious suggestion:  Can you offer a large souvenir cup or sports bottle for fountain drinks at a price of say $10 or $15 (or whatever) then offer discounted refills (at a price of something like $2) all season long?  Amusement parks like Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens do this.  It'd be a nice gesture to season ticket holders and others who attend a majority of the games.  I'm a big soda drinker, but I balk at paying $4.75 or more for a drink so I'd definitely go in for something like this.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #253: April 16, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »
That may not be any cost improvement.  3 @ $4.75 = $14.25.  3 @ $10 with $2 refills = $14.00.  Can you really drink more than 3 souvenir sodas a game ?

If we haven't scared NATSCSMGR off, here's a serious suggestion:  Can you offer a large souvenir cup or sports bottle for fountain drinks at a price of say $10 or $15 (or whatever) then offer discounted refills (at a price of something like $2) all season long?  Amusement parks like Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens do this.  It'd be a nice gesture to season ticket holders and others who attend a majority of the games.  I'm a big soda drinker, but I balk at paying $4.75 or more for a drink so I'd definitely go in for something like this.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #254: April 16, 2012, 07:56:24 AM »
I get 1 soda in a souvenir cup and then fill it up with wated for the rest of the game!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #255: April 16, 2012, 08:24:43 AM »
That may not be any cost improvement.  3 @ $4.75 = $14.25.  3 @ $10 with $2 refills = $14.00.  Can you really drink more than 3 souvenir sodas a game ?

I was thinking it would be good for the whole season, so you could just bring the cup back.

Offline blue911

« Reply #256: April 16, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
I was thinking it would be good for the whole season, so you could just bring the cup back.

I'm surprised any place would allow you to bring back your cup.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #257: April 16, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »
I'm surprised any place would allow you to bring back your cup.

Like I said, Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens both do it.  You pay an arm and a leg the first time, but then it's only a buck or two to refill it. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #258: April 16, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »
Like I said, Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens both do it.  You pay an arm and a leg the first time, but then it's only a buck or two to refill it. 

I'm not doubting you, just that I think the health department wouldn't been to happy about it.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #259: April 16, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »
The trick is to tie the promotion to a day and forget to prevent people from returning with the cups.

Online machpost

« Reply #260: April 16, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
Has anyone actually seen these items and where are the items located ?

The food stand on the 1st base end of the club section sells the meatballs and the Thai chili burger.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #261: April 16, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »
I'm not doubting you, just that I think the health department wouldn't been to happy about it.

The little food shacks on the Mall will do it as well.  Health department not happy?!?!?  ICE - have you seen the crap the Nats are selling as food?

Offline blue911

« Reply #262: April 16, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
The little food shacks on the Mall will do it as well.  Health department not happy?!?!?  ICE - have you seen the crap the Nats are selling as food?

How often have you seen me eat there?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #263: April 16, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
How often have you seen me eat there?

Well, not all of us are Money BuXXX high rollers like you Mr. Capitol Hill.  Some of us have to eat at the stadium instead of the bar at Good Guys.  :stir: :poke:

Offline blue911

« Reply #264: April 16, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »
Well, not all of us are Money BuXXX high rollers like you Mr. Capitol Hill.  Some of us have to eat at the stadium instead of the bar at Good Guys.  :stir: :poke:

That ain't it at all. I just prefer to spend my cash on hookers and hashish

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #265: April 16, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »

Good burgers there, used to have a cheap lobster pasta but that was years ago.

Offline JTC228

« Reply #266: April 18, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
My wife and in-laws will be attending a game at Nats Park soon and we sprung for the Home Plate Club seats because of her parents anniversery.  I had a few questions if anyone has any info here that would be great!  I know you have access to the Diamond Club and it says "all inclusive food and beverage (wine, beer, soda)".  But I've also seen that you only get a $35 food/beverage voucher and that the buffett in the club before the game is $35.  So my question is, even if you eat in the buffett before the game, are the drinks free at your seats during the game.  I'm just trying to figure out how much cast to bring for tips, etc.  Any info on the home plate club seats and the "all inclusive" food and beverages would be great, as well as info about the Diamond Club. 

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #267: April 18, 2012, 01:29:35 PM »
Doesn't it make sense to drop the sticky now that the Nats Rep has run off?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #268: April 18, 2012, 01:43:23 PM »
Doesn't it make sense to drop the sticky now that the Nats Rep has run off?

can we merge this with the nats park tips tricks thread and have a sticky thread for visiting the park questions?  (http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=22949.0)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #269: April 18, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »
My wife and in-laws will be attending a game at Nats Park soon and we sprung for the Home Plate Club seats because of her parents anniversery.  I had a few questions if anyone has any info here that would be great!  I know you have access to the Diamond Club and it says "all inclusive food and beverage (wine, beer, soda)".  But I've also seen that you only get a $35 food/beverage voucher and that the buffett in the club before the game is $35.  So my question is, even if you eat in the buffett before the game, are the drinks free at your seats during the game.  I'm just trying to figure out how much cast to bring for tips, etc.  Any info on the home plate club seats and the "all inclusive" food and beverages would be great, as well as info about the Diamond Club. 

i only sat in the diamond club once and there was no limit of any kind.  I've never seen vouchers (maybe for S&S club?)

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #270: April 18, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »
I went to the game last friday and I bought a draft beer around the 411 section (It was at a Brews stand if I am correct). I have no idea what kind it was but it was honestly better then Blue Moon and Shock-Top. It had a very orange-citrus taste and was very refreshing. I couldn't read the label on the tap but I knew it was seasonal and had a tall white handle. The girl who poured it was absolutely no help and I was curious to know if this was an exclusive beer that is only in this area for the Nats. I saw it mentioned that last year's beer choices it seemed to be Bell's Oberon Ale. I am not sure if that is the same one but I am curious to know if anyone knows what beer I am talking about. Thanks in advance.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #271: April 18, 2012, 04:07:14 PM »
sure it isn't the leiny summer shandy?

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #272: April 18, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
sure it isn't the leiny summer shandy?
THATS IT!!!

Thank you. I had no idea how to read it the other evening (contacts were getting fuzzy).

The lettering appears to be what I remembered.

Stuff was pretty good. Going to have to grab some around here if possible.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #273: April 18, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »
Hmmm, to each his own of course, but I tried the shandy on Saturday, and thought it was awful. Very artificially sweet. I'll stick with the coors light!

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #274: April 18, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »
Hmmm, to each his own of course, but I tried the shandy on Saturday, and thought it was awful. Very artificially sweet. I'll stick with the coors light!

Like sex in a boat...