Author Topic: Arizona Fall League - 2010 (updated "It's Harper Time")  (Read 17992 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Eh, if it needs to be moved it can be.  I'm just saying to be cautious with expectations that's all.

It's more message board graffiti.

Offline hammondsnats

It's more message board graffiti.

oh and your anti-republican message isn't 8)  losing almost 300 games in three seasons is pathetic and i have the right to complain about the organization as a fan.

i did like your lawyered post though.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Just in case anyone forgot, the only post police around here are me and Tom.  Might as well quit nagging at each other.  Anyone who truly objects to a particular post or sequence of posts is welcome to use the "report post" function or PM myself and/or Tom.

Offline hammondsnats

Just in case anyone forgot, the only post police around here are me and Tom.  Might as well quit nagging at each other.  Anyone who truly objects to a particular post or sequence of posts is welcome to use the "report post" function or PM myself and/or Tom.

(Image removed from quote.)

hahahahahaha i love that picture. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I was talking to you, too...  varmint!

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Burgess hits a 2R triple in the 2nd.   Burgess and Harper are having a great AFL.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Burgess is hitting .250 with an OBP under .300. I wouldn't say he's having a great AFL.

If anything, it kind of confirms what type of prospect he is. Most likely an organizational depth guy... unless he makes some changes in approach.

Online imref

sorry, got him confused with Norris (1.098 OPS and a team leading .681 SLG).   Harper is second on the team in slugging percentage with a .679.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Burgess is hitting .250 with an OBP under .300. I wouldn't say he's having a great AFL.

If anything, it kind of confirms what type of prospect he is. Most likely an organizational depth guy... unless he makes some changes in approach.

Not sure about this.  He had a good few months in Potomac this year and a great month in Harrisburg.  Definitely needs to put together a good year at AA/AAA but his only "bad" stint was the 09 time in Potomac and he just turned 22.  Add in that insane arm and he's still got to be a good prospect.

Offline NJ Ave

I can't decide. On the one hand, he's cut his strikeout rate while maintain his walk rate in each of the previous two years. On the other hand, it took him 1000 at bats to get out of high-A ball. On the one hand, he had a great month once he was promoted. On the other hand, he struck out 27 times in 87 plate appearances and had a BABIP of .365. So he was swinging out of his boots and probably a little lucky, which probably won't continue.

I doubt he's ever going to be more than a reserve outfielder with pop, but I guess if we're lucky he could have Marcus Thames' career (surprisingly good some years, pretty bad some other years, never a guy you're building your team around or you're not willing to replace if a better option comes along).

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by how he turns out. He's young and talented enough to have substantial upside if he improves his pitch recognition. He's never going to hit for a high average, but maybe .260/.340/.480 with good defense is possible.

Offline Skinz72

• Say hello to the DL-inator!!
Dreaming big with a possibility of Norris batting next to Harper in a few years...

Online imref

Adam Carr gets the save tonight with a perfect 9th.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Adam Carr gets the save tonight with a perfect 9th.

Carr and Kimball both are making a case to be added to the 40 man and get an opportunity in the ML pen.  Peacock is also having a good stint.  Even Solis seems to be getting better by the start.  For the purported hitters league we've got 3 pitchers doing very well and a 4th showing improvement.

Online imref

Harper Saturday: 0-3, 1BB, 1R, SB, 0Ks

Lombardazzi led off and went 1-3, 1R

Offline houston-nat

Hey, Cole Kimball's been having a really good fall league. .200 opponent average, 14 Ks in 11 IP, 0.91 WHIP, only one run allowed. He's hit two guys, though.

Offline PANatsFan

Hey, Cole Kimball's been having a really good fall league. .200 opponent average, 14 Ks in 11 IP, 0.91 WHIP, only one run allowed. He's hit two guys, though.

Haha extrapolate that to 40 and you have Leela.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Two WP as well.

Offline sportsfan882

Where are all the donks that were bashing Solis? :lmao:

FrankiePiliere:
Great stuff from Sammy Solis. Consistently at 93-94 and attacking hitters

3 IP 1 H 0 R 0 ER 0 BB 2 K

The kid basically went straight from college to the AFL. That's a huge step and he has held his own and gotten better.

Online imref

hopefully we'll look back on the 2010 draft as being the point in which this team turned a corner.

Offline Sharp

The kid basically went straight from college to the AFL. That's a huge step and he has held his own and gotten better.
We're still here... beware of small sample sizes.  I don't think it's "bashing" to say he has the potential to be a slightly harder-throwing Lannan.  Very few pitching prospects even make it out of the minors.

Offline Potomac Cannons

Burgess puts up a 2-4, 3B and HR day to get to .799 OPS in the AFL now.

Lombardozzi is 3-5, 2 2B today giving him splits of .297/.398/.459. 

Solis seems to improve each time out.

Peacock with another good IP.

Solid squad with Harper, Lombardozzi, Norris, Kimball and Peacock looking like standouts and solid to good play from Burgess, Carr and Solis.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

We're still here... beware of small sample sizes.  I don't think it's "bashing" to say he has the potential to be a slightly harder-throwing Lannan.  Very few pitching prospects even make it out of the minors.

This.

4.63 K/9, 2.70 BB/9, 1.16 HR/9

None of those numbers really inspire confidence in a pitcher that's going to have a ceiling any higher than a 4/5.

Offline Potomac Cannons

This.

4.63 K/9, 2.70 BB/9, 1.16 HR/9

None of those numbers really inspire confidence in a pitcher that's going to have a ceiling any higher than a 4/5.

Very true.  It is nice to see the K/BB numbers improving nearly every appearance now.  1m signing bonus for 6 years control of a 4/5 SP who likely will fast track to the ML level is a pretty good investment.

Offline PANatsFan

Not me, I think he'll be what Detwiler was supposed to be.