Author Topic: Seeking feedback regarding decreased GDT participation and "negativity"  (Read 4735 times)

Offline WhiteWhale

so for like 3 mintues, everyone had a karma rating???

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Karma never goes away.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Word? Sounds promising.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
so for like 3 mintues, everyone had a karma rating???

SMF has a native karma mechanic, but it doesn't do anything, just shows a +/- rating under the user name.  As such, it's pretty worthless.

I'll probably look around during the off-season, as always.

Offline houston-nat

SMF has a native karma mechanic, but it doesn't do anything, just shows a +/- rating under the user name.  As such, it's pretty worthless.

Except for proving I'm awesome. Although my posts do that anyway.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
My biggest problem with the GDT's is that my computer feed is frequently a minute or so behind the regular broadcast so I see the results in the GDT before I see them on my television.  Maybe I should just listen to C&D?  :shrug:   But I really like watching as well.

I guess then that I need Nathan to complain about the feed on his cheap-ass MLB.tv account.  :lol:

Whatever, I splurged for the premium version, which was like $130 :razz:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Whatever, I splurged for the premium version, which was like $130 :razz:

Clearly you need the super-souped-up WNFF friendly version.  And being a mod I'm surprised you didn't go that direction anyway.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Listening to a bunch of whiners  and blowhards slamming players that are way better at their profession than the blowhards will ever be - at anything - is not "tough." Not wanting to deal with anymore is not wussy. It's sanity.

This was said before (practically verbatim). What was your other screen name?

Offline ernie0326

I understand people are going to be negative - it's natural. And I approve and encourage "constructive" negative comments - talking about how Bryce ain't so hot right now, that Gio can't find the strike zone, whatever. That's conversation - and I enjoy it.

What I REALLY hate people calling "game" at any point before the end of a game - or any other similar comments. It's just pointless, completely negative in most situations and not constructive in any way shape or form.

But misery loves company. I don't know how you can "stop" these people from just complaining and bringing each other down. I'll just do my part and cheer the Nats on. Keep it positive!

+3

Offline Bloo

I only do haikus.

Please contact me at Foster's for bookings.

Offline Count Walewski

I think this is the nature of baseball game threads, especially once a franchise has had some success and the fans, with the taste of winning in their mouth, begin to hate losing.

On the White Sox forum I post on, you can tell how the team did by the size of the gameday thread. If the Sox won 12-0, the game thread contains a few dozen posts. If the Sox lost, the game thread contains hundreds of posts. When MLB.com isn't loading on my smartphone and I want to know how the team is doing, I literally go there to check the size of the game thread and it's usually pretty accurate.

Offline aussienatsfan

I'm usually at work and can't get involved anymore.. I do miss it though

Offline NatsDad14

Solution to negativity, tell the Nats to win more

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Yesterday I woke up feeling a bit more positive about game 4. Today I'm hoping and praying that last night was not the apex of our season but merely the next step.