Author Topic: Spring Training Gameday Thread 3/5/2015 - Nationals vs. Braves  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Is Uggla really pitching as GameDay says?

Offline DPMOmaha

Is Uggla really pitching as GameDay says?
Yes. Strike throwing machine.

Offline Mr Clean

Nope. It's 7-6, Nats.
Must have gone haywire then. They say it's 10-4 the top of the 5th, Clint Robinson hit a triple driving in Ballou and Eric Young Jr.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
8-7 Barves...

Offline Natsinpwc

Must have gone haywire then. They say it's 10-4 the top of the 5th, Clint Robinson hit a triple driving in Ballou and Eric Young Jr.
Yeh saw same thing. Said 10 to 4 Nats and next I looked it was 8-7 barfs.

Offline Mattionals

Yeh saw same thing. Said 10 to 4 Nats and next I looked it was 8-7 barfs.

Remember, it's spring training for the hamsters than run MLB Gameday too. Looks like they need so more stamina exercises to keep the wheels spinning.

Offline Natsinpwc

Remember, it's spring training for the hamsters than run MLB Gameday too. Looks like they need so more stamina exercises to keep the wheels spinning.
Thought it was some guy with a really big computer processor.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
birdseed on a keyboard in the park

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Tyler Moore is facing Triple A level pitching at this point. I expect him to hit well

Offline PC

Shock!  The Braves radio announcers don't think the Nationals are going to "walk away" with the NL East.

Offline PC

Tyler Moore is facing Triple A level pitching at this point. I expect him to hit well

He's not hitting them well, he's RAVAGING them!

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Shock!  The Braves radio announcers don't think the Nationals are going to "walk away" with the NL East.

Their announcers are inane. They've been making fun of the Hawaain player's name all damn day.

Re the division, the only team the Nats are going to "walk away" from are the Barfs (and the Philthies too.) I suspect the Marlins and maybe the Mets will be in it for a long while.

Offline PC

Nationals win 9-8.  Desmond and the JVs come through.

Offline DPMOmaha

Their announcers are inane. They've been making fun of the Hawaain player's name all damn day.

Re the division, the only team the Nats are going to "walk away" from are the Barfs (and the Philthies too.) I suspect the Marlins and maybe the Mets will be in it for a long while.
If the Nats do what they're supposed to do, no they won't.

Offline Ray D

But that's what he does, ravage AAA pitching.  Wait until he faces major league pitching before getting excited about him.

Offline Baseball is Life

But that's what he does, ravage AAA pitching.  Wait until he faces major league pitching before getting excited about him.

He did well in 2012. Let's hope he catches that fire again. I know he's not done well when not getting regular at bats, but maybe he will get that knack in his third year of trying.

Offline Baseball is Life

If the Nats do what they're supposed to do, no they won't.

I suspect the Mets and the Marlins will both finish above .500. If they do that, it will be difficult for the Nats to pull away until late in the season.

Offline Ray D

Personally, I think the Mets and Marlins are going to give us fits  all season.

Offline DPMOmaha

I suspect the Mets and the Marlins will both finish above .500. If they do that, it will be difficult for the Nats to pull away until late in the season.
I think they might be as well, but, again, if the Nats do what this team is built to do, this race won't be over by the end of May. If they get muddle around .500 til late July like they did last year, it could be a different story.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Personally, I think the Mets and Marlins are going to give us fits  all season.

The Marlins always do, don't they? And this year they'll have Jose Fernandez back :nervous:

Offline whytev

They will. Think of how often they will get to beat up on the Braves and Phillies.

Offline Baseball is Life

I think they might be as well, but, again, if the Nats do what this team is built to do, this race won't be over by the end of May. If they get muddle around .500 til late July like they did last year, it could be a different story.

It wouldn't surprise me if they repeated the same trajectory as last year. It seems this team always starts slow, except for 2012.

Offline DPMOmaha

They will. Think of how often they will get to beat up on the Braves and Phillies.

Same as the Nats do and their teams aren't as good.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Just because you want him to do it to you doesn't mean it's true

Offline Baseball is Life

The Marlins always do, don't they? And this year they'll have Jose Fernandez back :nervous:

I think the Marlins will field a very good club this season. They have some holes and not much depth but they will be in it and maybe even qualify for a WC.