Author Topic: Nationals vs Orioles, Game 2  (Read 18924 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Nationals vs Orioles, Game 2
« Reply #725: May 19, 2012, 10:40:34 PM »
Worse opposing fans - Phillies or Os?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #726: May 19, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »
Post game show on the radio...they said that Davey said before the game that Wang will come out of the bullpen and Det will stay in the rotation.

I wonder if he's rethinking that one...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #727: May 19, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »
Sit Harper tomorrow.
And LaRoche. I'd play Moore 1B, Lombo LF, Flores, Zim, Espy, Nady, Bernie , Desmond,

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #728: May 19, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »
Worse opposing fans - Phillies or Os?

Please. Do you need to ask? Philthies...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #729: May 19, 2012, 10:45:49 PM »

Phillies by far, Nats fans far outnumbered O's fans tonight. And the O's fans were tame

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #730: May 19, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
SF isn't even a troll anymore.  MDS is now.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #731: May 19, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »

Now? He's always had those tendencies. But most of us do at times, me included. Nothing wrong with messing with people every once in a while. Otherwise this board would be booooorrrrinnng. More annoying than the trolls and the thin-skinned posters who take themselves way too seriously...

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #732: May 19, 2012, 10:52:25 PM »

:smh:

This from the guy wearing a Brady Anderson jersey that lives at Sliders.

Offline PC

« Reply #733: May 19, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »
not MOST EMBARRASSING LOSS OF THE SEASON...just another uncategorized loss.    :(

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #734: May 19, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »
i just found out that bernie has a brother who plays for the o's gcl team.  his name is roderick

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #735: May 19, 2012, 11:21:16 PM »
Detwiler didn't lose this game, the offense did. Leadoff double in 8th and leadoff single in the 7th with no runs. And neither Lombo nor Harper could get on before Zim homered.

They continue to blow chances to win games.

How about not giving up 2 2-Run Homers and throwing junk through 5 innings.

If the ump doesn't screw up the call at home plate its 7-0 Orioles.

Detwiler sucked and I don't blame the offense for not being able to lay down 7-8 runs after that crap.

The offense blew yes but we all knew that going in. We need good pitching to win games and Detwiler in two starts has not given that. Hes cracking.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #736: May 19, 2012, 11:38:32 PM »
Why do they keep giving out hats with elastic bands rather than the adjustable ones?  They looked terrible on everyone in my section tonight.  Normal sized guys have heads too big for the hats and kids are too small.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #737: May 20, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »
Why do they keep giving out hats with elastic bands rather than the adjustable ones?  They looked terrible on everyone in my section tonight.  Normal sized guys have heads too big for the hats and kids are too small.

Less expensive?

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #738: May 20, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »

Honestly the O's fans were okay tonight imo.  There was one a-hole who was talking crap about Nats fans after the game in the men's room.  When he made it about all of us standing around him  and not about the game, I had to explain about etiquette when going to an opposing ballpark.  I told him he was a dick and threw a little scare into him.  Honestly, this punk was about 140 pounds, felt kind of bad afterwords for letting him get to me, I'm getting too old to mix it up.

BTW, the O"s pitching is highly suspect IMO.  They'll be in their customary place as AL East doormat by end of June, July at the latest.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #739: May 20, 2012, 01:25:15 AM »
I like Detwiler but he's not consistent.  Personally, I think Lannan would have done a better job and lasted longer than Ross. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #740: May 20, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »
Last night's announced attendance of 42,231 is second-highest in Nats Park history (must have sold some standing room since that's about 600-700 over stated capacity).

Nats weren't the only local side to lose yesterday: Mystics dropped their home opener to the Chicago Sky, 69-57 (and I mean DROPPED - turnovers out the wazoo).

Only the soccer teams saved the day - DC United beat Toronto 3-1 at RFK, and DC United Women blanked Virginia Beach 2-nil at the Maryland SoccerPlex.

Four local teams, all at home on the same day, an aggregate 2-2...but the one for which expectations are highest laid another egg...they had better bring their 'A' game today.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #741: May 20, 2012, 07:43:10 AM »
Last night's announced attendance of 42,231 is second-highest in Nats Park history (must have sold some standing room since that's about 600-700 over stated capacity).

Nats weren't the only local side to lose yesterday: Mystics dropped their home opener to the Chicago Sky, 69-57 (and I mean DROPPED - turnovers out the wazoo).

Only the soccer teams saved the day - DC United beat Toronto 3-1 at RFK, and DC United Women blanked Virginia Beach 2-nil at the Maryland SoccerPlex.

Four local teams, all at home on the same day, an aggregate 2-2...but the one for which expectations are highest laid another egg...they had better bring their 'A' game today.

I doubt if they had more than a few dozen no shows last night, it was packed, even the corners of the upper decks were filled, the standing room areas were five deep.  My Dad went to the concessions lines a couple times and reported short lines, people were in their seats watching the game.  I don't think I've ever seen such a big crowd at the end of the game, a small percentage left early but there wasn't the usual stream of people heading towards Metro over the last few innings.  The crowd of people walking down South Capital was huge, I'm guessing that they were walking to another Metro station because the main one was overflowing.  Easy traffic though, 20 minutes to my driveway on the far side of Alexandria.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #742: May 20, 2012, 07:55:46 AM »
I doubt if they had more than a few dozen no shows last night, it was packed, even the corners of the upper decks were filled, the standing room areas were five deep.  My Dad went to the concessions lines a couple times and reported short lines, people were in their seats watching the game.  I don't think I've ever seen such a big crowd at the end of the game, a small percentage left early but there wasn't the usual stream of people heading towards Metro over the last few innings.  The crowd of people walking down South Capital was huge, I'm guessing that they were walking to another Metro station because the main one was overflowing.  Easy traffic though, 20 minutes to my driveway on the far side of Alexandria.

What was the proportion of Orioles supporters - anything like Friday? (I was at the Mystics match.)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #743: May 20, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
What was the proportion of Orioles supporters - anything like Friday? (I was at the Mystics match.)

I wasn't there Friday to compare but for last night I'd say that maybe there were 20-25 percent Os fans.  They got real loud when they were scoring runs early but when the Nats started coming back we had the clear majority.  Behind the Os dugout they certainly had a good percentage of fans. 

Of course there were fans wearing Os shirts with the free Nats caps who don't count. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #744: May 20, 2012, 08:10:32 AM »

The United are in real trouble attendance wise, yesterday on a perfect Saturday night they only drew 14,287 to see a winning team.  A few years ago their average attendance was about the same as the Nats but the teams have gone in opposite directions since then.  Used to be that every time the Post did a promotional piece demanding corporate welfare to build the United a soccer only stadium that they highlighted the large crowds showing up to each game, nowadays they tend to omit any mention of attendance numbers.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #745: May 20, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »
The United are in real trouble attendance wise, yesterday on a perfect Saturday night they only drew 14,287 to see a winning team.  A few years ago their average attendance was about the same as the Nats but the teams have gone in opposite directions since then.  Used to be that every time the Post did a promotional piece demanding corporate welfare to build the United a soccer only stadium that they highlighted the large crowds showing up to each game, nowadays they tend to omit any mention of attendance numbers.

True about the attendance - they've only broken 15k twice this season. I'm a bit amazed they even drew in the 14k range last night, given the marquee Nats-Orioles match across town (they barely broke 10k for another recent home match).

Offline GSW

« Reply #746: May 20, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »
 soccer ?    Is that a sport   :shock:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #747: May 20, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »
:smh:

This from the guy wearing a Brady Anderson jersey that lives at Sliders.

It's even worse when he breaks out the Sosa jersey.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #748: May 20, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »

I've gotten to the point where I try to avoid United games.    I don't wanna hear all the constant noise of the "band".   It's tiresome.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #749: May 20, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
lol @ Detwiler not losing the game. Giving up 6 runs in 5 in a game the offense actually puts up 5 runs and the bullpen allows none.

I mean, if we're playing the blame game...