Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 174575 times)

Offline Clever

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #1700: September 29, 2014, 02:43:32 PM »
Oh boy, nothing gets me into reading about local developments like a link to JD Land

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1701: September 29, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »
Also of note in that link is the fact that late-night Metro service will be provided if necessary, thanks to American University.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1702: September 29, 2014, 03:23:35 PM »
Oh boy, nothing gets me into reading about local developments like a link to JD Land

not sure if serious....

But as pointed out, Calsgr8 can stop her  :rant: regarding Metro after hours.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dr-gridlock/wp/2014/09/29/metro-plans-to-announce-late-night-service-following-nationals-post-season-games/

Metro said Monday it will provide after-hours subway service from the Navy Yard-Ballpark station for fans attending late-ending Washington Nationals postseason games in October. The transit authority said it has entered into a partnership with American University to pay for the extra service.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1703: September 29, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »
They might as well cancel all morning classes otherwise. 
Also of note in that link is the fact that late-night Metro service will be provided if necessary, thanks to American University.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #1704: October 02, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »
Any feedback on the view from Upper RF Terrace (Sec 228)?  How would these compare to Sec 100 in CF?  I've sat in plenty of seats in the lower level but this would only be the 2nd time with seats above the IF club.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1705: October 02, 2014, 11:19:15 AM »
Any feedback on the view from Upper RF Terrace (Sec 228)?  How would these compare to Sec 100 in CF?  I've sat in plenty of seats in the lower level but this would only be the 2nd time with seats above the IF club.

They're not bad for the price - I consider those seats a good value. I sit in 222 a lot - that's the section closest to home plate. As you get further down the RF line, it gets a little tougher to see the scoreboard, plus you can't really see the right field corner or Nats bullpen.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #1706: October 02, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
They're not bad for the price - I consider those seats a good value. I sit in 222 a lot - that's the section closest to home plate. As you get further down the RF line, it gets a little tougher to see the scoreboard, plus you can't really see the right field corner or Nats bullpen.

Thanks,  I hate the idea of not seeing parts of the field.  The group I'm with sounds OK finding some standing room if the seats suck

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1707: October 02, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »
Does anyone know whether the bike valet ever fills up? My brother is planning to bike in from Falls Church tomorrow (he's a hard-core cyclist) but he may not get there before game time due to work. I'm wondering whether I should tell him not to screw around with biking.

Offline wj73

« Reply #1708: October 02, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »
Does anyone know whether the bike valet ever fills up? My brother is planning to bike in from Falls Church tomorrow (he's a hard-core cyclist) but he may not get there before game time due to work. I'm wondering whether I should tell him not to screw around with biking.

Don't know about the Bike Valet area, but Capital Bikeshare is setting up special corrals at Nats Park for their bikes. 

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=82aea0ed5a22304e4d0b18338&id=5111e468a6&e=770ebe3a5b

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1709: October 02, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
Don't know about the Bike Valet area, but Capital Bikeshare is setting up special corrals at Nats Park for their bikes. 

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=82aea0ed5a22304e4d0b18338&id=5111e468a6&e=770ebe3a5b

Thanks, but that won't help my brother because he rides his own.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1710: October 02, 2014, 08:26:16 PM »
There are many places to chain one's bike in the Navy Yard area

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1711: October 03, 2014, 08:16:52 AM »

There are also racks available around the perimeter.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1712: October 03, 2014, 09:47:31 AM »
Thanks again. I swung by his office this morning to get my ticket and his boss told him to leave at noon, so he should be fine. Appreciate the tips!

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1713: October 03, 2014, 09:41:55 PM »
Anyone got the Nats Insider link and password for NLCS tickets going on sale on Monday? Neither my dad or I got the emails and we were hoping to snag some :?

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1714: October 04, 2014, 10:22:33 AM »
Anyone got the Nats Insider link and password for NLCS tickets going on sale on Monday? Neither my dad or I got the emails and we were hoping to snag some :?

Not I. I was under the impression the Insider presale was likely to be Tuesday. If so, there won't be a password until then, in part because so many people rush to distribute the password all over the Internet as soon as it's announced.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1715: October 04, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »
Not I. I was under the impression the Insider presale was likely to be Tuesday. If so, there won't be a password until then, in part because so many people rush to distribute the password all over the Internet as soon as it's announced.
Completely understandable, though I didn't get the email for the NLDS presale either so I'm not sure what's going on (possibly my spam filter is eating everything up).

If anyone who gets the Insider emails is willing to forward the link/password it to me, I'd be happy to PM my email address.

Online RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1716: October 04, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »
So yesterday featured some of the shortest concession lines I've ever seen for such a large crowd, but the restroom lines were ridiculous. The mens room line behind the RF Terrace seats stretched for half the length of the concourse. 

As for the new team store that's allegedly being built in the lower level of the right field garage, don't get your hopes up. If you go on the walkway behind the Red Loft, you can see over the wooden temporary walls that have been up all season and absolutely nothing is going on as far as construction- they're just using that space as a storage area.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1717: October 04, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »
So yesterday featured some of the shortest concession lines I've ever seen for such a large crowd, but the restroom lines were ridiculous. The mens room line behind the RF Terrace seats stretched for half the length of the concourse. 

As for the new team store that's allegedly being built in the lower level of the right field garage, don't get your hopes up. If you go on the walkway behind the Red Loft, you can see over the wooden temporary walls that have been up all season and absolutely nothing is going on as far as construction- they're just using that space as a storage area.

My guess is that the restaurant plan fell through, which is a shame because that would be a great spot to watch the road games. I Tweeted Valerie about this but she didn't respond.

Offline marc23

« Reply #1718: October 04, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »
You can park at either the Franconia-Springfield or Huntington Metro stations and take the Metro in. I'd recommend Huntington because the Blue line always seems to be operating at greatly reduced weekend service whereas the Yellow line is impacted less frequently. For example, this weekend, Blue line trains are running every 24 minutes whereas the Yellow line is running at the normal 12-15 minute headways. Parking is safe and free on weekends.

thanks to everyone for the insight. does anyone have links for the lots around the park, or for the metro? If this were to happen, I was thinking for the nlcs (fingers crossed). any advice for buying tickets? I realize they wont come cheap. Im familiar with stubhub butmaybe someone here has some better ideas. Thanks

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #1719: October 04, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »

Seriously. The men's room line looked like a women's room line! I took the elevator downstairs and I think it wound up being faster even with the longer trip there and back.

I barely waited at all at Blue Smoke midway through the game when I realized if I didn't eat I'd be unable to drive home.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #1720: October 05, 2014, 05:21:21 PM »
Don't really want to make my own thread for this but thought it should be archived/available to anyone who wants it.

Here are the video openers that play on the big screen at the stadium:
2014: http://vimeo.com/98371891
2013: http://vimeo.com/69108620
2012: http://vimeo.com/51261402

Also just a demonstration of many screen sizes you have to design animation for: http://vimeo.com/98373522

Offline adam3313

« Reply #1721: October 06, 2014, 12:10:46 PM »
something that sort of grinded my gears about Game 1...

the section to the left of the Red Porch Bar (looking at the field) had some sort of private event going on.

This is a prime spot to watch the game, with those few rows of ledges for drink/food, and especially for those who had standing room tickets. Kind of annoying that they rented out that area.

Anyone know what was going on? 

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #1722: October 06, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
Anyone know what was going on? 
Do you mean besides maximizing revenue?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #1723: October 06, 2014, 12:21:28 PM »
Do you mean besides maximizing revenue?

In sports business (as in business generally), maximising revenue is what it's all about - heck, if the demand for season tickets gets a lot heavier after this they'll probably require STH to buy PSL's to keep their season tickets, like NFL clubs already do (this also enables such clubs to claim 'we didn't soak the tax-payers to fund this').

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1724: October 06, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
Selling thousands of standing room tickets while renting out the prime standing room spots is typical Lerner hubris, they assume they have an unlimited customer base.