Author Topic: Fun Volunteer Opportunity - Biker Interest?  (Read 204 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Fun Volunteer Opportunity - Biker Interest?
« Topic Start: May 12, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »
When I was out looking for work, I signed up with an organization called Teamwork Online.  A job search site for people interested in the Sports Industry.  Well, they emailed me regarding a volunteer opportunity on Memorial Day weekend.  It's called Stars, Stripes, and Spokes - A motorcycle Rally:

http://liveeventjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=35551

Volunteers for Stars, Stripes, & Spokes ™ Motorcycle Rally - Stars & Stripes & Spokes (Washington, DC)

The Stars, Stripes, & Spokes ™ Motorcycle Rally is ready to kick off its inaugural event May 27-30 at the RFK Festival Grounds in Washington, DC. Come take part in this exciting event as a volunteer. Join 120,000 patriotic motorcycle enthusiasts honoring the sacrifice of our nation’s armed forces during the long Memorial Day weekend in the Nation’s Capital. There will be live music, over 100 vendors, lots of food, cold beer, military equipment displays, and the company of thousands of riders and DC tourists honoring and acknowledging the service of our fellow citizens who serve our nation under arms. We are proud to announce that a portion of the proceeds of the event will be donated to the Walter Reed Society to assist servicemen and women at the WRAMC.Volunteers will be utilized in several capacities for this special event. Volunteering with the Stars, Stripes, & Spokes ™ Motorcycle Rally will provide those qualified with an assortment of valuable learning experiences and exposure to all facets of event management. Volunteers must be energetic, sociable and possess excellent communication skills.

Rally Schedule:
May 27 - 29
9am – 9pm

May 30 (Memorial Day)
9am – 6pm

Volunteers are asked to work 4 hour shifts
Shift A: 8:30am – 1:00 pm
Shift B: 1:00pm – 5:30 pm
Shift C: 5:30pm – 9:30 pm

Rally organizers are looking for volunteers for these positions.
• Parking Attendants
• People Counting
• Vendor Liasons
• Sponsorship Fullfillment
• Rally Staff Headquarters
• Staff WRS Tent
• Alcohol/T-shirt Vending Operations
• Music & Entertainment Support
• Survey Staff
• WCSA/Sign Czar
• Restroom & Dining Areas
• Way-Finding Persons

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No. I have reliable transportation to get to and from RFK Stadium.
2. Yes/No. I have local housing available near Washington, DC.
3. Please list an emergency contact with their relationship to you and contact phone number.
4. Please list your date of birth.
5. Please list your shirt size.
6. Please list your preferred volunteer position and shift.

Apply for this position

Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------