Author Topic: I would just like to defend this site's "atmosphere"  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Well, I started the presidential race thread and it was a mistake.  Also, I had a hand in your feeling ganged up on.  But isn't that a likely event when an issue is raised that doesn't split the population evenly ?  Since this is an urban area, isn't it likely there will be more liberals than conservatives ?  I think this occurred naturally, without any attempt to gang up or be close minded.   

No you misunderstand me, I personally didn't have problem with feeling like I was outnumbered on the politics thread.  I knew that was going to be the case when I started giving the conservative side over there.  My beef was a totally separate issue specifically about the removal of my 9/11 post, but because both incidents happened at the same time and the person in question took my side, it can be easily misconstrued as the same (as you just did).  That's why I felt (looks like justifiably) I had to post here. 

By posting the "ganged-up on" comment here, I merely meant to give reason for why another member felt like she did...and posted on another board.  She voiced her opinion here about something she obviously felt strongly about, and it seemed like everyone pooh-poohed her.  I think that could cause anyone to feel like nobody cares about her feelings which might have forced that person to lash out.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Well, I started the presidential race thread and it was a mistake.

I had the second post!  And it was downright prophetic.

<dislocates shoulder from patting himself on the back>