Author Topic: Bowden working the Phones.  (Read 1695 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Bowden working the Phones.
« Topic Start: July 25, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
But we don't know whose phones, or for whom, or who he is shopping.

I was worried about the lack of Nationals talk on the trade front in the media, but Ken Rosenthal relaxes me a bit.

http://www.sportingnews.com/exclusives/20050725/634761.html

[qb]
Nationals. Oh, boy. The Nationals' negative run differential suggested all season that their record was a mirage, and it will take more than the addition of Preston Wilson to fix the lowest-scoring offense in the majors. Nonstop G.M. Jim Bowden is making trade proposals so rapidly, he soon might be speaking in tongues. The problem is, he has little to offer. "People say the Yankees have nothing (in their farm system), but they've got a couple of guys here and there," one G.M. says. "The (Nationals) have nothing."[/qb]

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #1: July 26, 2005, 10:52:29 PM »
Yeah, we have mothing to trade thanks to MLB screwing the team for the past 5 years.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #2: July 26, 2005, 11:49:29 PM »
LetsGoNats is right, there's precious little in the Nats farm system that Bowden is willing to trade. He wont trade Hinckley, Bray, Desmond and thankfully, because of the rules, he's not allowed to trade Zimmerman. The only names from the minors he mentions are older players form 28 to 30+ year old that nobody else wants. Thank you very much Omar Minaya...

I'm starting to think that Bowden really thinks his starting 8 are all a bunch of superstars and except for a hitting slump at SS there's nothing wrong with em and he isn't even considering trading any of them.

Remember that feeling that a trade was coming very soon, After it got really strong this morning, it suddenly disappeared this afternoon. It was so strong this morning, I actually put lunch down and checked  to see if the Nats just pulled off a trade. It was there for three days and now its gone. I think I'm dead on when I say Jimbo aint got the balls to make the deal he really needs to make. He needs to do something about SS and 2B and he needs to do it fast, because Guzman and Vidro are gonna kill the Nats.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #3: July 26, 2005, 11:52:45 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
LetsGoNats is right, there's precious little in the Nats farm system that Bowden is willing to trade. He wont trade Hinckley, Bray, Desmond and thankfully, because of the rules, he's not allowed to trade Zimmerman. The only names from the minors he mentions are older players form 28 to 30+ year old that nobody else wants. Thank you very much Omar Minaya...

I'm starting to think that Bowden really thinks his starting 8 are all a bunch of superstars and except for a hitting slump at SS there's nothing wrong with em and he isn't even considering trading any of them.

Remember that feeling that a trade was coming very soon, After it got really strong this morning, it suddenly disappeared this afternoon. It was so strong this morning, I actually put lunch down and checked  to see if the Nats just pulled off a trade. It was there for three days and now its gone. I think I'm dead on when I say Jimbo aint got the balls to make the deal he really needs to make. He needs to do something about SS and 2B and he needs to do it fast, because Guzman and Vidro are gonna kill the Nats.

I am starting to agree that nothing is going to happen.