Author Topic: No "Real" News on P-Nats Stadium. ETA 2014 or worse.  (Read 4129 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
http://www2.insidenova.com/sports/2011/oct/20/potomac-nationals-exploring-stadium-sites-inside-a-ar-1398030/

Sites for a new Potomac Nationals stadium are still being explored. The new stadium might be in Prince William County. Then again, it could be in Fairfax County or Loudoun County.

Prince William County Board of Supervisors chairman Corey Stewart said that possible sites for the stadium are in the county, along either I-95 or I-66.

Stewart said a possible announcement to reveal the site could come in December or January.

Offline hammondsnats

thanks for the update comish.  should def be fairfax imo.

Offline Obed_Marsh

I'd love to see it on some kind of public transportation route but I don't expect it to happen.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
thanks for the update comish.  should def be fairfax imo.

Right on 123. Nice and convenient.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Blow up the middle of Springfield Mall between the anchors, plunk a baseball field in the middle, and build new shops facing streets around the park.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I am soooo pissed that stewart got reelected. The guy is a clown. 

Offline HalfSmokes

I wouldn't mind Faiffax getting it, it seems like they're shopping around now- maybe this is the compromise solution for waterfront development in old town

Offline hammondsnats

put it in arlington haha lol ... but fairfax would be nice.  somewhere by the metro.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
I live in Alexandria, and it's nice and easy to get down to the current stadium. If they put it out on I-66, I'd probably swing over to Bowie instead... if there was a piece of land visible from I-95 and on the Occoquan Reservoir, that'd be nice.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Put it in Vienna.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Blow up the middle of Springfield Mall between the anchors, plunk a baseball field in the middle, and build new shops facing streets around the park.

Blow up Landmark Mall and move in the PNats.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Maybe the new Silver Line going to Loudoun opens up some opportunities along the way. The route goes via Tysons, Reston, Dulles, etc.

Offline Coladar

I live in Alexandria, and it's nice and easy to get down to the current stadium. If they put it out on I-66, I'd probably swing over to Bowie instead... if there was a piece of land visible from I-95 and on the Occoquan Reservoir, that'd be nice.

While I realize the current location is convenient for you, for 99% of NoVA people, and Md and DC folks, it's a total pain in the ass to get to. I know my first time driving there, I got lost. Never mine it takes forever and you have to deal with mixing bowl traffic. Putting a new stadium on or near 66 would be incredibly ideal. I know I'd catch a ton or games there if they moved it to Fairfax along 66, instead of never going to any games. The last game I went to there was a John Pattersom rehab start, so what, six years ago?

Maybe more than half the reason for that is the stadium is such a piece of crap, but it's also because it's incredibly difficult to get to coming from Falls Church.  I'm definitely excited and looking forward to an official announcement, and hoping we're looking at a location in Fairfax. But god, no matter wher they put it... Blowing up that horrible piece of crap stadium, what has to be one of the worst high A to AAA stadiums in current use is a miracle. When they blow that dump up, you'll hear the heavens rejoicing in ecstasy to be rid of such an awful and filthy ballpark.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
While I realize the current location is convenient for you, for 99% of NoVA people, and Md and DC folks, it's a total pain in the ass to get to. I know my first time driving there, I got lost. Never mine it takes forever and you have to deal with mixing bowl traffic. Putting a new stadium on or near 66 would be incredibly ideal. I know I'd catch a ton or games there if they moved it to Fairfax along 66, instead of never going to any games. The last game I went to there was a John Pattersom rehab start, so what, six years ago?

Maybe more than half the reason for that is the stadium is such a piece of crap, but it's also because it's incredibly difficult to get to coming from Falls Church.  I'm definitely excited and looking forward to an official announcement, and hoping we're looking at a location in Fairfax. But god, no matter wher they put it... Blowing up that horrible piece of crap stadium, what has to be one of the worst high A to AAA stadiums in current use is a miracle. When they blow that dump up, you'll hear the heavens rejoicing in ecstasy to be rid of such an awful and filthy ballpark.

As bad as 95 can be, 66 really doesn't need the extra traffic, it's a parking lot even on the weekend.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

LOL

So you talk about how 95 is bad for MD and DC, but then you advocate putting it on 66???  What are you smoking?

As a Marylander, if they put it on 66, I'd probably never go to a game.

Offline aspenbubba

Maybe the new Silver Line going to Loudoun opens up some opportunities along the way. The route goes via Tysons, Reston, Dulles, etc.

It doesn't go further than Dulles but they could run shuttles over to the Metro stop or possibly the one before it terminates. I like the idea.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
some where around Fair Oaks would be nice.  Maybe around 66 and 7100.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
some where around Fair Oaks would be nice.  Maybe around 66 and 7100.

Evolution33 and tomterp approve of your recommendation.

Offline HalfSmokes

As bad as 95 can be, 66 really doesn't need the extra traffic, it's a parking lot even on the weekend.

There really is no major artery around here that actually has traffic flowing regularly - maybe they'll think outside the box and play in RFK?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
DCU would be peeved to have to deal with mixed use again.  Still think redeveloping an old mall site near a metro with a stadium and some mixed use around it makes sense.   Other than that, you don't get near a metro.  Metro access is too valuable.  Orange line I think is too valuable, too.  Are there any failed developments in MoCo?  Wheaton?  Back in VA, how about somewhere along Eisenhower. There's a park with kiddy stuff right by Cameron run.  A bit flood prone, though. 

Offline HalfSmokes

Eisenhower would be nice, as far as DCU goes, I don't think the city could possibly express their ambivalence any stronger

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Eisenhower would be nice, as far as DCU goes, I don't think the city could possibly express their ambivalence any stronger

The United wanted the city to either help fund the stadium or give up lucrative development rights, the city would be happy if the United stay in town but they aren't bringing in the revenue to warrant special treatment.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
LOL

So you talk about how 95 is bad for MD and DC, but then you advocate putting it on 66???  What are you smoking?

As a Marylander, if they put it on 66, I'd probably never go to a game.

As a future DC resident, freak Woodbridge.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
ok?  My ideal location is somewhere along the orange line, anyway.

I will never schlep the freak out across I-66 just to see minor league baseball.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
ok?  My ideal location is somewhere along the orange line, anyway.

I will never schlep the freak out across I-66 just to see minor league baseball.

Isn't that what I said?