Author Topic: What to do about Drese?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline rileyn

What to do about Drese?
« Topic Start: August 19, 2005, 08:54:20 AM »
Let's face it, he has been horrible over his past 7 starts,  How long can we last with him taking his non-sinking, sinker to the mound?  I was looking forward to seeing what Halama could do on Sunday, but it looks like Loaiza will be getting the start.  

Thoughts?

Offline Dave B

What to do about Drese?
« Reply #1: August 19, 2005, 09:46:02 AM »
I stated that I believed in Drese on yesterday's game 1 thread.  I said he was the victim of seeing-eye groundballs, errors, and timeley hitting.   The he goes out and tanks.  I also had a dream last night:  

I picked up Ryan Drese and two others to give them a ride.  I let Drese drive for some reason.  Then it became apparent I was being carjacked.  I was duped and carjacked by Ryan Drese.  I escaped from the car, called the police and got my car back.  Maybe the fact I got my car back means somehow this all will turn out ok.

Offline esoteric

What to do about Drese?
« Reply #2: August 19, 2005, 10:28:51 AM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
I stated that I believed in Drese on yesterday's game 1 thread.  I said he was the victim of seeing-eye groundballs, errors, and timeley hitting.   The he goes out and tanks.  I also had a dream last night:  

I picked up Ryan Drese and two others to give them a ride.  I let Drese drive for some reason.  Then it became apparent I was being carjacked.  I was duped and carjacked by Ryan Drese.  I escaped from the car, called the police and got my car back.  Maybe the fact I got my car back means somehow this all will turn out ok.

Was that a real dream?  That's totally hilarious if so.  Carjacked by Ryan Drese!  The potential symbolism is profound!

Offline Dave B

What to do about Drese?
« Reply #3: August 19, 2005, 10:38:25 AM »
no joke

Montcobaseball

What to do about Drese?
« Reply #4: August 19, 2005, 11:36:33 AM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
Quote from: "Dave B"

Was that a real dream?  That's totally hilarious if so.  Carjacked by Ryan Drese!  The potential symbolism is profound!

Actually my take on your dream is that you at first trusted Ryan Drese because you let him drive (trusted him in real life when he first came to the team).  Then he turned on you by hijacking your car (in real life he turned on you by pitching so many bad games).  Then you got your car back (which represents a material thing) so I say it means that you still don't trust him and someone will be taking his place soon.

This from a professional dream interperter!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
What to do about Drese?
« Reply #5: August 19, 2005, 11:41:17 AM »
Wow you guys are committed.  Even I don't have DREAMS about the Nats. At least not yet :lol: ;)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
What to do about Drese?
« Reply #6: August 19, 2005, 02:54:37 PM »
There is nothing that can be done about Drese.

there are no other options or alternatives.

Drese is a part of our rotation, and that's that.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
What to do about Drese?
« Reply #7: August 20, 2005, 09:01:15 AM »
They're going to skip his next turn in the rotation, per the Post this morning.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: What to do about Drese?
« Reply #8: August 20, 2005, 02:16:39 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Let's face it, he has been horrible over his past 7 starts,  How long can we last with him taking his non-sinking, sinker to the mound?  I was looking forward to seeing what Halama could do on Sunday, but it looks like Loaiza will be getting the start.

Designate Drese for assignment and put Halama in his spot in the rotation, then call up White so they have another spot starter/long reliever who is also a lefty.  And do it yesterday...

Offline PC

What to do about Drese?
« Reply #9: August 20, 2005, 03:35:42 PM »
We should also rent a time machine and go back a couple of weeks, designate Cepicky for assignment and not lose Kim to the Rockies, when we brought Blanco up from New Orleans.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
What to do about Drese?
« Reply #10: August 20, 2005, 07:10:32 PM »
Do you think you can also use that time machine to bring back Claudio Vargas, who's 7-3 with a 3.69 ERA and has been holding opposing hitters to a .227 BA.