Author Topic: Playoff Ticket Secondary Market Watch  (Read 22318 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Playoff Ticket Secondary Market Watch
« Reply #450: October 09, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »
Thanks man. I guess worst case scenario was just that i'd have to go to the SRO areas or something, but that's a relief.

However, have you seen the handicapped "section"? They are poop.  :lol:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #451: October 09, 2012, 04:03:29 PM »
No. You're good. You don't have to be handicapped to sit there.

While that's true now, it shouldn't be the case and probably won't be the case next year. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #452: October 09, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
So...I just realized the tickets I bought off stubhub are ADA seats a little while ago (section 235 Row P). I must have missed it when I was buying them or something, but I don't use a wheelchair or anything, and neither does the guy going with me. Does this mean I'm screwed basically or what?
Nah. 

Too bad Bobby Baccala isn't around, he could help you out with a handicap real quick.

Offline LouisaCountyNats

« Reply #453: October 09, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »
Nah. 

Too bad Bobby Baccala isn't around, he could help you out with a handicap real quick.

Yeah, "the fleshy part of the thigh." Great show

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #454: October 09, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
So...I just realized the tickets I bought off stubhub are ADA seats a little while ago (section 235 Row P). I must have missed it when I was buying them or something, but I don't use a wheelchair or anything, and neither does the guy going with me. Does this mean I'm screwed basically or what?

You should be fine - I see able-bodied folks sitting in those sections all the time, and I've even done it once myself.  As long as you have a ticket, they shouldn't care. 

Offline LouisaCountyNats

« Reply #455: October 09, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
You should be fine - I see able-bodied folks sitting in those sections all the time, and I've even done it once myself.  As long as you have a ticket, they shouldn't care.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean, the seats are reserved so its not like I'm taking someone's spot who needs it

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #456: October 09, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »

They sell the remaining wheel chair tickets to the general public on game days so there is no chance of anyone being hassled for sitting there.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #457: October 09, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »
In fact my first season as a Wizards STH (2004-05) was in what on paper was a disabled row (folding chairs instead of regular seats, front row of 418); I was later moved to a regular seat where I still sit today. With the way the Wizards were drawing in the immediate post-MJ period, it was a low-risk proposition.

Offline LouisaCountyNats

« Reply #458: October 09, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »
In fact my first season as a Wizards STH (2004-05) was in what on paper was a disabled row (folding chairs instead of regular seats, front row of 418); I was later moved to a regular seat where I still sit today. With the way the Wizards were drawing in the immediate post-MJ period, it was a low-risk proposition.

So what exactly is the difference between the ADA seats and a regular seat? Is it the same with more legroom or is it a chair in the back aisle? Thanks alot guys

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #459: October 09, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »
So what exactly is the difference between the ADA seats and a regular seat? Is it the same with more legroom or is it a chair in the back aisle? Thanks alot guys

The ADA seats are typically located at the top - or in some cases, the bottom - of various sections.  They're a combination of fixed seats ("companion seats") and removable folding seats.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #460: October 09, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »

Depends on the seat, but most are heavily padded folding chairs instead of the usual row seats.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #461: October 09, 2012, 08:03:48 PM »
With the way tickets are still available online through different outlets, what do you guys think are the chances I can unload a couple SRO tickets before the game tomorrow?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #462: October 09, 2012, 08:05:21 PM »
With the way tickets are still available online through different outlets, what do you guys think are the chances I can unload a couple SRO tickets before the game tomorrow?

If I didn't have a pretty major deal to close tomorrow your old buddy Rax would ask you for the hookup.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #463: October 09, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »
Yeah my mom decided she won't be able to stand the whole game and I'm certainly not yielding her my seat.  :lmao:  I'm joking. I'll probably try to see if anyone will buy them outside the gates. If not we'll probably end up eating them.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #464: October 09, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »
Yeah my mom decided she won't be able to stand the whole game and I'm certainly not yielding her my seat.  :lmao:  I'm joking. I'll probably try to see if anyone will buy them outside the gates. If not we'll probably end up eating them.

Hey, I'll let you know in the morning if I can get the ink to dry a little quicker.

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #465: October 09, 2012, 08:14:38 PM »
What a horrible time for mid-terms...

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #466: October 09, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
What a horrible time for mid-terms...

You're going to end up sitting in an office praying for death no matter how well you do, go the game and enjoy yourself before you have to take a big bite out of the crapsandwich. 

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #467: October 09, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »

Be careful, because D.C. police have said they will really be cracking down on scalping tickets.

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #468: October 09, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »
You're going to end up sitting in an office praying for death no matter how well you do, go the game and enjoy yourself before you have to take a big bite out of the crapsandwich. 

:-)

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #469: October 09, 2012, 10:16:20 PM »
Be careful, because D.C. police have said they will really be cracking down on scalping tickets.

That is crazy.  I have never observed police cracking down on scalping.  Scalping is the only way I ever find myself in the lower level seats.  $25 for a "dugout" seat is pretty sweet.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #470: October 09, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
That is crazy.  I have never observed police cracking down on scalping.  Scalping is the only way I ever find myself in the lower level seats.  $25 for a "dugout" seat is pretty sweet.

I hear ya - I always see cops at the exit from Metro just watching as the scalpers do their thing.  But Chief Lanier said last week on WTOP that they are adding cops for these games:

10:11 a.m., speaking about police officers deployed for Nationals playoffs games:

Usually, we have nine to 10 directly at the stadium, another nine to 10 patrolling neighborhoods around the stadium. We've added an additional 40-45 officers to that deployment.

There are going to be a lot of people watching and celebrating the games in other areas, like sports pubs. We're planning extra staffing in all patrol districts.

We do this around six or seven times a year. We do it very well. Requiring officers to work will not affect staffing levels later in the year.

10:05 a.m., speaking about traffic patterns around Nats Park:

We'll publicize it well in advance, but we don't have a set plan yet.

We encourage fans to take public transportation.

We're implementing, with DDOT, an expedited flow for those coming out of the games. It will be in effect before the end of the game. We'll have traffic control officers from MPD and DDOT to help getting out from beyond the first several blocks.

On towing, if it's anything like what I've experienced in the past, people in nearby neighborhoods begin to call in to agencies like Department of Public Works to tow.

We'll have all the closures and new traffic patterns no less than two days before.

10:04 a.m., speaking about ticket scalping:

You are not allowed to resell the tickets, even if you're selling for face value.

Those people can be arrested.

We will be enforcing this around the ballpark. We already do it around the Verizon Center, particularly during busy games.

"It's an arrestable offense."

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #471: October 09, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »
If I didn't have a pretty major deal to close tomorrow your old buddy Rax would ask you for the hookup.

good luck bro

Offline Dave B

« Reply #472: October 09, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »

Stubhub. Very easy to use

Offline Dave B

« Reply #473: October 09, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »
jikes. tickets on sale for $15. remember all the fretting about prices? those damn scalpers...

Offline capsmp

« Reply #474: October 09, 2012, 11:07:27 PM »
I hear ya - I always see cops at the exit from Metro just watching as the scalpers do their thing.  But Chief Lanier said last week on WTOP that they are adding cops for these games:

10:11 a.m., speaking about police officers deployed for Nationals playoffs games:

Usually, we have nine to 10 directly at the stadium, another nine to 10 patrolling neighborhoods around the stadium. We've added an additional 40-45 officers to that deployment.

There are going to be a lot of people watching and celebrating the games in other areas, like sports pubs. We're planning extra staffing in all patrol districts.

We do this around six or seven times a year. We do it very well. Requiring officers to work will not affect staffing levels later in the year.

10:05 a.m., speaking about traffic patterns around Nats Park:

We'll publicize it well in advance, but we don't have a set plan yet.

We encourage fans to take public transportation.

We're implementing, with DDOT, an expedited flow for those coming out of the games. It will be in effect before the end of the game. We'll have traffic control officers from MPD and DDOT to help getting out from beyond the first several blocks.

On towing, if it's anything like what I've experienced in the past, people in nearby neighborhoods begin to call in to agencies like Department of Public Works to tow.

We'll have all the closures and new traffic patterns no less than two days before.

10:04 a.m., speaking about ticket scalping:

You are not allowed to resell the tickets, even if you're selling for face value.

Those people can be arrested.

We will be enforcing this around the ballpark. We already do it around the Verizon Center, particularly during busy games.

"It's an arrestable offense."

:rofl: No they don't. The same scalpers(buyers and sellers) have been doing their thing there for years. They always like it when they ask me if I have tickets and I tell them the guys half way down the block are selling plenty. At Verizon they sell directly in front of all the police.