Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Player Chat Threads  (Read 5080 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Player Chat Threads
« Reply #25: January 11, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »
              So you want me to send an e-mail to Stan and ask him if he would like to participate
 OR would that cause a problem with some of the questions that would be asked by posters on this Fan Forum -like the Philly issue, etc.?               :icon_mrgreen:

When you mean ask Stan if he would participate, you mean by helping to recruit a person for the Q&A, or that he himself would be a guest?

I'd rather avoid polarizing figures if at all possible, I could see the Q&A heading downhill fast.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #26: January 11, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »
When you mean ask Stan if he would participate, you mean by helping to recruit a person for the Q&A, or that he himself would be a guest?
I'd rather avoid polarizing figures if at all possible, I could see the Q&A heading downhill fast.
                I meant Stan as a guest only, but that is why I asked. Good point, it could go downhill fast with Stan or Mike. What about Jim Riggleman?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #27: January 11, 2010, 05:33:56 PM »
                I meant Stan as a guest only, but that is why I asked. Good point, it could go downhill fast with Stan or Mike. What about Jim Riggleman?

I think Riggleman would be a good guest. 

Generally, the less we know certain guys the more appealing the prospect of getting them in for a while.  For example, some of the new players we signed, like Bruney or Marquis, might be good.  Tony Plush is loquacious and outrageous, that would be a lot of fun.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #28: January 11, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »

I think anyone who disrespects a chatting player deserves a monthlong ban minimum.

I felt bad enough that I misunderstood Storen's response to my question about Upper Deck cards.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #29: January 11, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »
I thought Riggleman had expressed an aversion to computers and technology in the past - possibly mistaken.

Bruney, Marquis and Plush are awesome ideas; I'd love to chat with Ian Desmond, whose interview with BP is quoted in my signature for its remarkable expressiveness, and might as well throw in names like Burnett, Stammen, Meyers. John Lannan, Mike Bacsik (heh) and Rob Dibble all have Twitter accounts.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #30: January 11, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »
+1 for :dibbs:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #31: January 11, 2010, 06:44:45 PM »

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #32: January 11, 2010, 06:49:50 PM »
but he doesn't like us.
I thought he just didn't like twitterers that harped on his homerism.

Offline NatsNut

• pink caps suck
« Reply #33: January 11, 2010, 07:17:48 PM »
Recommendation: I would like to see the next chat be with Jim Riggleman -since I have mentioned to him about blogging, and he seemed interested about subject. Anyone out there want  to ask him - Turtle- Blue911?

Just so you know,  If Jim Riggleman comes here for a chat, I will be forever indebted.  And I will be asking him out.  HUGE crush.    :pray: 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #34: January 11, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »
I thought he just didn't like twitterers that harped on his homerism.

Yeah, what did we do?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #35: January 11, 2010, 10:59:35 PM »
Just some small recommendations to make it cleaner, streamlined and more effective, imo.
          1. All questions, by posters, need to be asked by a certain time (as designated by the moderator) on the day before the interview. (Giving the player/manager ample time to review them)
          2. All clearances of the player/manager to "chat" on this Board should be done 24 to 48 hours before the actual interview and/or chat, so there are no gliches with the guest posting on that designated day and time.
          3. No real-time and/or inter-board interaction with the guest, by posters,until the moderator has covered all the questions asked on the first round.
          4. Second round of questions, if time, should only be on subjects not asked on first round, or to expand on the answer to first round questions, by posters.
          5. Then ending with abundant amount of thanks from all posters.
   This is a great thing that is happening, and is unique to have the players come and talk to this Fan forum. I think this is a "Wow" factor for this Board; and thank Spinman and Turtle for making this happen.These message board chats are great fun and give the fans a peep into the personality of the players/managers.
         Suggestion: Maybe a separate section, so the chats are easier to find, for posters like myself, who are usually away on Sundays from the forum.
         Recommendation: I would like to see the next chat be with Jim Riggleman -since I have mentioned to him about blogging, and he seemed interested about subject. Anyone out there want  to ask him - Turtle- Blue911?

this is a bit communistic/dictatorial for me. it should be fun

Offline I can Throw

« Reply #36: January 11, 2010, 11:40:41 PM »
I like the format we've used so far. Very fun and I the players seemed to enjoy it.

How about one of the Zimms? Any shot at that?

Offline blue911

« Reply #37: January 12, 2010, 03:52:11 PM »
Why not get Blanche Lathersby?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #38: January 12, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »
Why not get Blanche Lathersby?

If NatsNut's story is the norm, he probably doesn't like us too much. I do enjoy his writing and I think it would be fun, but he's a contributor to ESPN radio, Cold Pizza, etc., and he has his mailbag - not sure he'd give the time.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #39: February 27, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
If this whole "Chat with a Player" thing becomes a weekly staple of the forum, I'd like to suggest an Archive section for it, much like we archive game threads.

This has now been implemented.