Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1  (Read 32555 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1
« Reply #275: May 11, 2009, 11:05:22 PM »
Like Chief and Ronny said, it might be a good choice to keep playing Dunn and Johnson to help out Zimmermans streak.

I don't care about the hitting streak. I just think hot hitters should stay in the lineup.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #276: May 11, 2009, 11:05:34 PM »
which is exactly why Acta the jackass should have given him a day of rest and started Kearns.

Dude, I wish you could see how foolish you look.  The minute that happened and Zimm's streak got snapped, you'd be screaming bloody murder and calling for Acta's head.

Do you even understand how baseball works?  It's not freaking golf.  Dunn has more RBIs with RISP than Zimmerman has PERIOD.  I don't hear you ripping Zimmerman a new jerk when he GIDP or fails to drive in a runner.

This has nothing to do with me having a boner for anyone, it has to do with being flabbergasted at your complete lack of common sense and math comprehension :lol:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #277: May 11, 2009, 11:05:57 PM »
It's sad when you want your team to lose horribly, like some of us do.  I think about that sometimes, but I don't think it would make any difference, we would still have crab in the rotation no matter what.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #278: May 11, 2009, 11:05:59 PM »
These guys are just dying to get up and pad their stats against DCrab.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #279: May 11, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »
Just because people don't want him on the big league roster doesn't mean we want him to get hurt.  Good person or otherwise.  He's not such a bad person that most would wish ill will on him.

Like I said, I certainly don't and never said anything close to wishing ill will on him. But as far as injuries go, it's one that I'm certainly not sad to see happen only because it means he won't be back to poison the team with his attitude. But I don't wish harm on him or anyone, I'm just not exactly heartbroken he's injured. It'd be far different if he was really hurt, but a broken finger? I've had a couple and it's not like he's hovering near death's door, it's fairly painless after the first day.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #280: May 11, 2009, 11:07:07 PM »
The bigger joke is that he's getting rocked by the worst offensive team in baseball.  The Giants don't have any real players on the team. 
yeah they are awful. They walk the fewest of any team in the Majors yet D-Crab can't even throw strikes.

freak you Manny.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #281: May 11, 2009, 11:07:25 PM »
Dude, I wish you could see how foolish you look.  The minute that happened and Zimm's streak got snapped, you'd be screaming bloody murder and calling for Acta's head.

Do you even understand how baseball works?  It's not freaking golf.  Dunn has more RBIs with RISP than Zimmerman has PERIOD.  I don't hear you ripping Zimmerman a new jerk when he GIDP or fails to drive in a runner.

This has nothing to do with me having a boner for anyone, it has to do with being flabbergasted at your complete lack of common sense and math comprehension :lol:

Well said.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #282: May 11, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »

Exactly. I think sportsfan is just young and needs another decade of following baseball to get it.  :lol:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #283: May 11, 2009, 11:07:32 PM »
he had been playing poorly since being sent down. hasn't given him a reality check at all. He has no power.

Case hes still an egotistic player. I would think a normal person who wants to play would see that hes down in the minors and not getting a call up, to actually play better.

Daniel Cabrera's presence on this team hurts every aspect of the team.  A player this bad on the roster hurts the team.

I wouldnt go that far, but he is terrible and our bullpen sucks too.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #284: May 11, 2009, 11:07:42 PM »
Can someone please get rid of Cabrera. I don't care how, just get him off my tv screen now. Please. Please please. Before I start throwing things at it and go down a couple thousand for a new tv. Another walk!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #285: May 11, 2009, 11:08:47 PM »
wow. lucky freaker

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #286: May 11, 2009, 11:08:50 PM »
shooting two

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #287: May 11, 2009, 11:08:52 PM »

Exactly. I think sportsfan is just young and needs another decade of following baseball to get it.  :lol:

Yeah, I didn't know he was that young.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #288: May 11, 2009, 11:08:56 PM »
Like I said, I certainly don't and never said anything close to wishing ill will on him. But as far as injuries go, it's one that I'm certainly not sad to see happen only because it means he won't be back to poison the team with his attitude. But I don't wish harm on him or anyone, I'm just not exactly heartbroken he's injured. It'd be far different if he was really hurt, but a broken finger? I've had a couple and it's not like he's hovering near death's door, it's fairly painless after the first day.
Eh, I have trouble finding joy in an injury which is what this kinda comes across as.  He wasn't coming back anytime soon regardless of whether or not he got hurt.

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #289: May 11, 2009, 11:08:59 PM »
Jesus Christ, tubbo.  good thing that didn't get lodged in his belly button.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #290: May 11, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »
Can someone please get rid of Cabrera. I don't care how, just get him off my tv screen now. Please. Please please. Before I start throwing things at it and go down a couple thousand for a new tv. Another walk!!!

Remember what that kid from Pittsburgh said about Ovechkin?  :lol:

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #291: May 11, 2009, 11:09:47 PM »
I'm so sick of this goddamned commercial.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #292: May 11, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »
Is it bad to wish that we didn't turn that DP?

I know I never want the team to lose... but it'd be worth it to get rid of D-Crap.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #293: May 11, 2009, 11:10:08 PM »
How Crap the Crab got out of that... What a lucky son of a nag he is. Every game he pitches is like this. He pitches so utterly horribly as to make all of us scream, yet somehow gets out of it with the skin of his teeth.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #294: May 11, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
We're still in this. Maybe Cabrera will skate by and our offense will get busy.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #295: May 11, 2009, 11:10:40 PM »

RZ is outhitting Dunn both with runners on and RISP if you look at his BA in those situations. Dunn should have more RBIs. he's the freaking clean-up hitter and has like 3 guys hitting over .300 batting in front of him. He's got to be loving life always hitting with runners on base.

Dunn is having a good year. doesn't mean I can't bang on him when he chokes with RISP.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #296: May 11, 2009, 11:10:41 PM »
he's never going to turn anything around. let's just be honest.

haha he's 23 years old and yet you think that magically wil nieves can turn it around to be a solid catcher?  whacko. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #297: May 11, 2009, 11:10:59 PM »
I don't care about the hitting streak. I just think hot hitters should stay in the lineup.

Yea that too  :roll: :roll:

Do they show the Wil Nieves commercial 10x they normally do when hes playing?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #298: May 11, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »
We're still in this. Maybe Cabrera will skate by and our offense will get busy.

Gotta make Johnson throw some pitches.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #299: May 11, 2009, 11:11:11 PM »
How Crap the Crab got out of that... What a lucky son of a nag he is. Every game he pitches is like this. He pitches so utterly horribly as to make all of us scream, yet somehow gets out of it with the skin of his teeth.
I know, I can't believe he has a sub 10.00 ERA.