Author Topic: Your card is your ticket to the game  (Read 23287 times)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Re: Your card is your ticket to the game
« Reply #100: January 25, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »
Yeah, metal detectors? No thanks. I'll risk a deranged lunatic shooting me dead rather than deal with the clusteryouknowwhat that happens with every Presidential first pitch. Jesus, what moron at NHL thought metal detectors for 20k people arriving in the span of an hour was a smart idea?

This.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #101: January 25, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »
I could be nuts, but I suspect that the metal detectors are more about catching flasks than weapons. 

Lots more Twitter complaints about lines tonight, but the blame has shifted from the ticket system to the new security policy of checking everyone with metal detectors. 

Someone at Nats Fest needs to ask whether the Nats plan to implement similar security.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #102: January 25, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »
I could be nuts, but I suspect that the metal detectors are more about catching flasks than weapons. 

Time to get a plastic flask... or just leave it in the plastic pint from the ABC store...

Offline Coladar

« Reply #103: January 26, 2013, 08:24:11 AM »
Time to get a plastic flask... or just leave it in the plastic pint from the ABC store...

I don't even drink, never have, putrid swill to my tongue. But don't some people sneak in vodka and crap in water bottles? Short of opening and sniffing, hard to stop it.

No way you can convince me it's liquor when their entire existence is peddling to drunk jerks. Cuts their profit margins, but enough to offset the cost of metal detectors? Ain't gonna buy it, not in the wake of all the chicken little jerks after the recent shootings. Some idiot said, 'Elementary school? Hockey's next! Cavity searches, ho!'

Quite frankly, people can bring all the guns, booze and crap they want as long as they don't bother me. Waiting in line 70+ games a year for metal detectors, that crap definitely bothers me. Wasting thousands of hours over the next few decades thanks to insane security? No. No. No.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #104: January 27, 2013, 02:35:33 PM »
Talked with my Ticket Rep at FANFEST, who was covering for the Red Carpet Rewards area! 

BTW, if you signed up for a season ticket plan last year; and the exhibition game was to be in your plan, it STILL IS!  There was a statement that the Yankee game is no longer included in games.  That's just for Newbies. 

Oh and reward points for extra tickets?  Cost ya more points for weekend games and premium games and fewer seat locations if you sit in the infield gallery section like I do.  Everything is run from your account now.  Oh, and those reward tickets can only be ordered a month in advance.  So if you want a game July 2nd, you have to wait until June 2 at the earliest to order them.  Keeps the staff on time.  Since its tied to your account, they will mail you the PDF file to print.  Keeps people from scarfing up tickets and reselling them (like)

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #105: January 27, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »
Talked with my Ticket Rep at FANFEST, who was covering for the Red Carpet Rewards area! 

BTW, if you signed up for a season ticket plan last year; and the exhibition game was to be in your plan, it STILL IS!  There was a statement that the Yankee game is no longer included in games.  That's just for Newbies. 

Oh and reward points for extra tickets?  Cost ya more points for weekend games and premium games and fewer seat locations if you sit in the infield gallery section like I do.  Everything is run from your account now.  Oh, and those reward tickets can only be ordered a month in advance.  So if you want a game July 2nd, you have to wait until June 2 at the earliest to order them.  Keeps the staff on time.  Since its tied to your account, they will mail you the PDF file to print.  Keeps people from scarfing up tickets and reselling them (like)

When I look at my tickets on the team website it shows some game on March 30 with no opponent listed.  Does anyone know what that's all about?

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #106: January 27, 2013, 05:12:18 PM »

Limiting orders to a month in advance would be a major hassle for people who run large ticket groups, but of course the reduced benefits will make things easier.

Offline Obersts001

« Reply #107: January 28, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
When I look at my tickets on the team website it shows some game on March 30 with no opponent listed.  Does anyone know what that's all about?
This seems to be the NYY game on Friday the 29th, just mis-labeled.

New partial ST holder here, and I'm hoping that someone can explain the RCR plan more clearly to me.  Is the # of points fixed at the start of the year based on your ST plan, or can you earn more through park spending? 

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #108: January 28, 2013, 10:59:34 AM »
This seems to be the NYY game on Friday the 29th, just mis-labeled.

New partial ST holder here, and I'm hoping that someone can explain the RCR plan more clearly to me.  Is the # of points fixed at the start of the year based on your ST plan, or can you earn more through park spending? 

Great question about earning points via spending at the park. In the early releases they mentioned this but no recent details. The Plan is to track all spending in the park to maximize opportunities for profits, they will need to provide incentives for people to allow themselves to be tracked.

There was also mention of the cards being used as debit cards.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #109: January 28, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »
My rep said during the season you could possibly use your card for concession discounts.  They would send you an email and tell you which game, which vendors etc.

Offline Obersts001

« Reply #110: January 28, 2013, 01:24:59 PM »
Great question about earning points via spending at the park. In the early releases they mentioned this but no recent details. The Plan is to track all spending in the park to maximize opportunities for profits, they will need to provide incentives for people to allow themselves to be tracked.

1 point per $ spent would be the average for a rewards card, but if they make it so that I have to pre-load my $$$ on to the card to use it, that wouldn't be nearly as appealing and could cause me to not even bother.  That's just another interest-free loan from me to the Lerners, and usually you end up not using all of the money you load on to the card anyway.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #111: January 28, 2013, 02:39:25 PM »

And again, it would be yet another implementatin of a benefit that doesn't work for ticket groups...

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #112: January 28, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
And again, it would be yet another implementatin of a benefit that doesn't work for ticket groups...

Unless everyone in your group gets a card. Which allows the team to track individuals in each group and find out who is actually using the tickets. If someone in a group is going to a ton of games, they'll probably target them to buy their own plan.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #113: January 28, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »
1 point per $ spent would be the average for a rewards card, but if they make it so that I have to pre-load my $$$ on to the card to use it, that wouldn't be nearly as appealing and could cause me to not even bother.  That's just another interest-free loan from me to the Lerners, and usually you end up not using all of the money you load on to the card anyway.

Particularly if the balance and bonus points don't carry over to next season.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #114: January 28, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »
Unless everyone in your group gets a card. Which allows the team to track individuals in each group and find out who is actually using the tickets. If someone in a group is going to a ton of games, they'll probably target them to buy their own plan.

You really think the TO is that together?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #115: January 28, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »

I would love it if I could get points for buying extra tickets. I'm not big on merchandise and food and beverages at the park. But I do buy thousands of dollars of extra tickets each year. My partners and I all get extra tickets for special games and I bring 3-4 groups each year....

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #116: January 28, 2013, 04:18:35 PM »
Which is not how the plan has been described. The leader of my group asked about multiple cards and mentioned being in a ticket group and was treated like he had 3 heads - like the ticket office has never heard of tickets accounts being shared...

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #117: January 28, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »
Which is not how the plan has been described. The leader of my group asked about multiple cards and mentioned being in a ticket group and was treated like he had 3 heads - like the ticket office has never heard of tickets accounts being shared...

That's inconsistent with my experience.  I stopped by the RCR room at NatsFest, and they seemed very aware of the realities of sharing a season ticket pacakge.  The rep giving me the online ticket management demo said everyone in the group can get their own set of cards (1 per seat), and then I just transfer the ticket electronically to everyone's account.  They'll be able to see their own info on their own RCR webpage and MyTicket account.

Offline blue911

« Reply #118: January 28, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »
I can see this being a clusterfreak of gigantic proportions.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #119: January 28, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »
That's inconsistent with my experience.  I stopped by the RCR room at NatsFest, and they seemed very aware of the realities of sharing a season ticket pacakge.  The rep giving me the online ticket management demo said everyone in the group can get their own set of cards (1 per seat), and then I just transfer the ticket electronically to everyone's account.  They'll be able to see their own info on their own RCR webpage and MyTicket account.

I have four seats and ten partners for a full plan so that won't work. I'm just going to transfer the tickets electronically via email and have my partners print their own. No fuss, no muss. It will actually save  me the headache of physically handing over the tickets.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #120: January 28, 2013, 05:36:11 PM »
I can see this being a clusterfreak of gigantic proportions.

What I don't understand is how they are going to handle ticket holders who are not online savvy. And, yes, there are people out there who are not.

Offline blue911

« Reply #121: January 28, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »
What I don't understand is how they are going to handle ticket holders who are not online savvy. And, yes, there are people out there who are not.

My mom's 80 and can figure out on line ticketing. This has more to do with the Nats not training their staff adequately

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #122: January 28, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »
My mom's 80 and can figure out on line ticketing. This has more to do with the Nats not training their staff adequately

Trust me. Your Mom wouldn't know how to manage her My Nationals account, transfer tickets, set up accounts for partners, track points, etc.

And it's not about staff training. I've talked to plenty of staff about this. They had a STH focus group last year and they explained it all just fine.

It's more about the product and/or the concept. It just doesn't work well for groups or sharing tickets in general. I suspect they know that most will just print tickets at home.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #123: January 28, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »

My ticket group leader had the same problem and she even asked the wrong question, she wanted one card per group member, but it's sounding like she needs one card per group member per seat.

One thing I want to know is how I can transfer the tickets that have been allocated to me.  I buy nine games but schedule changes mean I miss a game or two and need to give them to my Dad or StubHub them.  Hopefully it will be just as easy for me to email the tickets as it was for me to receive them.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #124: January 28, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »

You spoke with their expert, the problem this FO has is internal communication, the individual reps are often clueless.  Last year when the playoff ticket emails went out I called my rep and found out that she had just come from a meeting where she first saw the email herself.  This led to confusion and mistaken information being given out by the reps as they were flooded with calls.