Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Astros, Game 3  (Read 20475 times)

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Astros, Game 3
« Reply #75: July 23, 2005, 10:21:24 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Thing is though, the Nats play the Braves in Atlanta, not ar RFK, but you knew that right?

I am aware of that, but they will eventually have to come back here to play before the season ends, right?  :wink:

Eddie Cunningham

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #76: July 23, 2005, 10:24:34 PM »
Check  :roll:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #77: July 23, 2005, 11:42:56 PM »
we needed this one bad.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #78: July 24, 2005, 12:07:56 AM »
Just got home from the game and man was it much better to win one finally.   The crowd was huge and the atmosphere was pretty lively.  Nats jumping out 4-0 in the first had to help.  

I have been to all the games on this homestand and its been a rough week, but this felt good.  Seemed like we should have scored a lot more runs, though.   Backe through more than 30 pitches in the first inning and seemed to lack any real command.  However, he only had about 85 pitches by the sixth inning, meaning he only averaged 10 an inning in innings 2-6.  It seemed like we got the 4-0 lead and tried to sit on it.  There were 3 or 4 innings in the game where our guys (Wilkerson, Vidro, Guillen, etc) went up hacking at the first couple of pitches and gave him real easy innings.   We really should have chased that guy by the 4th inning.  

There was some great stuff on our side, though.  Baerga played great at bat and in the field, Armas pitched very well, and Majewski was AWESOME in the 8th.  According to the gun in the stadium, two of the strikes he threw to Berkman (including called strike 3) were 97 mph.

I gotta give Berkman props on that HR he hit off Armas.  After he got 2 strikes on him, he fouled off several pitches until he got the one he wanted and "WHAMMY".   I would like to see our batters work that way a little more consistently.  

I am going back tomorrow to see if we can salvage 3-4 on this homestand.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #79: July 24, 2005, 01:39:54 AM »
Sorry for my absence fellas, I'm out of town spending time with family for the weekend, so I didn't get a chance to check up on the game.  Congrats Ken, you finally got one ;)

Montcobaseball

« Reply #80: July 24, 2005, 08:39:24 AM »
Yes, a big victory and one that was much needed but lets look back.  Had it not been for a rookie centerfielder making an embarrasing play on a routine fly ball it would have ended 2-0 and a one hitter would have been wasted because the ineptitude of this team to hit with men on base.  Something more than a 4-2 win has to happen before this team turns things around.   Baseball is a strange game and if takes a fight, a beaning, a player thrown out, so be it, but something needs to happen before it goes into free fall.