Author Topic: 2012 Season Roll Call  (Read 35491 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: 2012 Season Roll Call
« Reply #325: June 08, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »
Merry Strasmas everybody!

Two years ago today we watched his debut against the Pirates....

And welcome back to you!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #326: June 10, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #327: June 10, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »
And welcome back to you!

I've been here Minty, just lurking this year.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #328: June 12, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
Taking a peek at our upcoming Yankees/Rays homestand:

WEATHER - not looking too bad at this point:

Friday 15th vs Yankees, 19.05 (Gonzalez vs Hughes) - high 80, low 64, chance of rain nil
Saturday 16th vs Yankees, 13.05 (Zimmermann vs Pettitte) - high 83, low 63, chance of rain 10%
Sunday 17th vs Yankees, 13.35 (Jackson vs Nova) - high 81, low 65, chance of rain nil
Tuesday 19th vs Rays, 19.05 (Wang vs Price) - high 95, low 74, chance of rain 10%
Wednesday 20th vs Rays, 19.05 (Strasburg vs Hellickson) - high 95, low 78, chance of rain nil
Thursday 21st vs Rays, 19.05 (Gonzalez vs Moore) - high 96, low 76, chance of rain 10%

METRO - fair bit of track work on all lines except Green:

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5257

Metro weekend track work June 15-17, 2012

Buses replace trains between Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Street stations; single tracking on portions of Blue, Orange, Red and Yellow Lines as rebuilding continues

The massive effort to rebuild Metrorail will continue over the weekend of June 15-17, affecting schedules on the Blue, Orange, Yellow and Red lines. The work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday and continue through system closing on Sunday.

Blue Line                                                           

Buses will replace Blue Line trains at Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Street stations to allow for VDOT bridge work and track upgrades. Free shuttle bus service will operate between Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn Street and Eisenhower Avenue stations. Blue Line trains will operate between Huntington and Largo Town Center every 20 minutes throughout the weekend. (Stations with combined Blue/Yellow line service will see a train arrive every 10 minutes.) In addition, trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow platform rehabilitation, tile work and station dome repairs. Customers should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time, except those customers using shuttle bus service, who should allow 30 minutes of additional travel time.  Customers who normally park at Franconia-Springfield or Van Dorn Street should consider using Huntington Station instead.

Orange Line

Orange Line trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow platform rehabilitation, tile work and station dome repairs. Trains will operate every 20 minutes throughout the weekend. Customers should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time. Blue Line trains will operate 2 minutes before or after each Orange Line train.

Red Line

Trains will single track through two work areas: between Takoma and Forest Glen to allow for platform reconstruction and fiber optic cable installation and between Friendship Heights and Medical Center to allow for third-rail insulator renewal and rail joint elimination for a safer and smoother ride.  Red Line trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.  Customers should allow 15 minutes of additional travel time.  Between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Friendship Heights and New York Avenue stations, providing service about every 12 minutes through the downtown core.

Yellow Line

Because Blue Line trains will operate to and from Huntington, rather than Franconia-Springfield, Yellow Line trains will operate every 20 minutes between Huntington and Mt. Vernon Square throughout the weekend.  Customers traveling to/from stations north of Mt. Vernon Square should use Green Line trains to complete their trip.  Customers traveling on the Yellow Line should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time.

[colour in original]

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #329: June 12, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »
Current plans call for making all three Yankees games this weekend but Saturday is looking a bit shaky.

I have this theory that the weather is always perfect on Mothers' Day but awful on Fathers' Day. The weather forecast is looking good this year though....

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #330: June 12, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »
Will be there on Sat.  Hopefully will meet up with SALTY AND SON!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #331: June 12, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
Will be there on Sat.  Hopefully will meet up with SALTY AND SON!

Me too!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #332: June 12, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »
I'll be there on Friday.  No tickets yet for the Rays series, I was counting on another $2 game but no such luck for that series, I'll probably try to go on Wednesday for the Strasburg start.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #333: June 12, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »
BTW.

SATURDAY GAME IS 1:05 PM

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #334: June 12, 2012, 10:31:18 PM »
The GF and I will be there on Friday.  Taking the water taxi from Alexandria for the first time.  Has anyone else here done that before? 

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #335: June 12, 2012, 11:44:13 PM »
Going down this Friday with family. We'll be eating downtown beforehand and walk over afterwards. Trying to figure out how to make the nightmarish Metro ride home a little more pleasant (the transfer at Chinatown to the red line was particularly annoying the last big game we went to).

Then I'll be going to the Rays game on Thursday and finally will be traveling up to Baltimore with my father and sister to watch WAS @ BAL on Saturday. Lots of baseball next week.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #336: June 13, 2012, 07:31:58 AM »
Missing Friday on a Mystics conflict but will be in TBSITH for the other five fixtures.

[Weather predictions updated in my previous post - even less chance of rain overall per these latest forecasts - further update entered 14th June.]

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #337: June 13, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
Going down this Friday with family. We'll be eating downtown beforehand and walk over afterwards. Trying to figure out how to make the nightmarish Metro ride home a little more pleasant (the transfer at Chinatown to the red line was particularly annoying the last big game we went to).

Then I'll be going to the Rays game on Thursday and finally will be traveling up to Baltimore with my father and sister to watch WAS @ BAL on Saturday. Lots of baseball next week.

Just a thought, as I'm not sure what what your final destination is, but DC Circulator runs buses every 10 minutes from Navy Yard to Union Station, where you can easily catch a red line train.  It's only a buck and it's a great way to beat the Metro crowds.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #338: June 13, 2012, 08:58:59 AM »
The GF and I will be there on Friday.  Taking the water taxi from Alexandria for the first time.  Has anyone else here done that before? 

Never taken the water taxi, but really want to know what you think of it. Please report back. I want to try it sometime when I have some visitors in town.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #339: June 13, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
Sat for yankees and thurs for rays. Znn and gio!

Offline e44green

« Reply #340: June 13, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
123 for Friday vs. the Yanks and 127 to see Stras on Wednesday vs. the Rays

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #341: June 15, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »
Taking a peek at our upcoming Yankees/Rays homestand:

WEATHER - not looking too bad at this point:

Friday 15th vs Yankees, 19.05 (Gonzalez vs Hughes) - high 80, low 64, chance of rain nil
Saturday 16th vs Yankees, 13.05 (Zimmermann vs Pettitte) - high 83, low 63, chance of rain 10%
Sunday 17th vs Yankees, 13.35 (Jackson vs Nova) - high 81, low 65, chance of rain nil
Tuesday 19th vs Rays, 19.05 (Wang vs Price) - high 95, low 74, chance of rain 10%
Wednesday 20th vs Rays, 19.05 (Strasburg vs Hellickson) - high 95, low 78, chance of rain nil
Thursday 21st vs Rays, 19.05 (Gonzalez vs Moore) - high 96, low 76, chance of rain 10%

METRO - fair bit of track work on all lines except Green:

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5257

Metro weekend track work June 15-17, 2012

Buses replace trains between Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Street stations; single tracking on portions of Blue, Orange, Red and Yellow Lines as rebuilding continues

The massive effort to rebuild Metrorail will continue over the weekend of June 15-17, affecting schedules on the Blue, Orange, Yellow and Red lines. The work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday and continue through system closing on Sunday.

Blue Line                                                           

Buses will replace Blue Line trains at Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Street stations to allow for VDOT bridge work and track upgrades. Free shuttle bus service will operate between Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn Street and Eisenhower Avenue stations. Blue Line trains will operate between Huntington and Largo Town Center every 20 minutes throughout the weekend. (Stations with combined Blue/Yellow line service will see a train arrive every 10 minutes.) In addition, trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow platform rehabilitation, tile work and station dome repairs. Customers should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time, except those customers using shuttle bus service, who should allow 30 minutes of additional travel time.  Customers who normally park at Franconia-Springfield or Van Dorn Street should consider using Huntington Station instead.

Orange Line

Orange Line trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow platform rehabilitation, tile work and station dome repairs. Trains will operate every 20 minutes throughout the weekend. Customers should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time. Blue Line trains will operate 2 minutes before or after each Orange Line train.

Red Line

Trains will single track through two work areas: between Takoma and Forest Glen to allow for platform reconstruction and fiber optic cable installation and between Friendship Heights and Medical Center to allow for third-rail insulator renewal and rail joint elimination for a safer and smoother ride.  Red Line trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.  Customers should allow 15 minutes of additional travel time.  Between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Friendship Heights and New York Avenue stations, providing service about every 12 minutes through the downtown core.

Yellow Line

Because Blue Line trains will operate to and from Huntington, rather than Franconia-Springfield, Yellow Line trains will operate every 20 minutes between Huntington and Mt. Vernon Square throughout the weekend.  Customers traveling to/from stations north of Mt. Vernon Square should use Green Line trains to complete their trip.  Customers traveling on the Yellow Line should allow 10 minutes of additional travel time.

[colour in original]

Bump to remind everyone (besides the traffic about which the Nats office warned everyone, there's a lot of Metro track-work - weather information also updated).

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #342: June 15, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »
For some reason, I'm going to all three Nats vs. yankees games....I'm sure I will be incredibly bored and wish that I had sold my tickets on stub hub ...*yawn*

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #343: June 15, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »
123 for Friday vs. the Yanks and 127 to see Stras on Wednesday vs. the Rays

No Vaseline.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #344: June 15, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
If you be genuinely nice to them instead of begging for freebies all the time, they will hook you up.

:lmao: :lmao:

Come on playboy, you can't be serious. 

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #345: June 15, 2012, 02:38:53 PM »
MDS and kindness are mutually exclusive events

Oh please, Congressman Frank is not that cruel!  :whip:

Seriously though MDS, a little kindness with your ticket rep goes a long way. They all get 4 comp tickets to weeknight games and 2 to weekend games. If you be genuinely nice to them instead of begging for freebies all the time, they will hook you up.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #346: June 15, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »
MDS and kindness are mutually exclusive events

That's nonsense and you know it.  :whip:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #347: June 15, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
Who gives a rat's hiney if MDS is cruel?

Offline heeman82

« Reply #348: June 15, 2012, 05:23:50 PM »
Saturday vs yankees
Thursday vs Rays

Can't wait to go to ATL in 2 weeks baby  :w:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #349: June 16, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »
I'll be up in the Loft pregame, find the  :old: :glug:  MacDougal jersey and introduce yourself if we haven't met yet.