Author Topic: Elijah Dukes. Smokin weed and naming names.  (Read 5788 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Elijah Dukes. Smokin weed and naming names.
« Topic Start: February 11, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »
According to Kilgore, there a story coming in tomorrow's Tampa Trib about Elijah. Kilgore notes that Elijah was toking pregame and was ready to come forward with allegations about other players bringing drugs on chartered aircraft (team flights).

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2011/02/elijah_dukes_is_rapping_now_sa.html?wprss=nationalsjournal

Oh, and he's now  rapper - "Fly Eli"

Here's the teaser from tomorrow's TTrib: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/feb/11/111456/coming-saturday-former-ray-elijah-dukes-reinvents-/news-breaking/

Offline ZimmerMint Berry Crunch

• http://sharkadina.blogspot.com
    • Street Shark: Roger Bernadina's Unofficial Blog
Re: Elijah Dukes. Smokin weed and naming names.
« Reply #1: February 11, 2011, 07:09:17 PM »
Hilarious.  I can't wait to get my hands on his cd

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #4: February 12, 2011, 10:06:13 AM »
He makes Nyjer Morgan look like a saint.

Saint Dympna maybe. At least Dukes has a single persona.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #5: February 12, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
AZ has to be loving the fact that his boi is in full gangsta mode now. 

Offline Sharp

« Reply #6: February 12, 2011, 03:05:17 PM »
Haha, "Fly Eli" no longer gives a freak.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #7: February 12, 2011, 10:44:51 PM »
I kinda wish I chose 'U dead dawg' as my username. 

Offline Coladar

« Reply #8: February 13, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »
This is an interesting tidbit from MLB's response to Dukes allegations:

"Dr. Westreich did not communicate any information from his conversations with Mr. Dukes to the Nationals or any other club."

"...at no time did Mr. Dukes disclose to Dr. Westreich any information concerning drug use by other Major League players."

Obviously they went to great lengths to say he never told an MLB club what Dukes said. But didn't go so far as to say he never told anyone, which they certainly try to come across as saying. But then they admit they know Dukes never named names in his sessions, telling the world that they did find out what he told this doctor. So who knows how much truth is in Dukes story, but it would appear there is at least some given MLB is trying to obscure stuff with ridiculously careful wording to obfuscate bits of information.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #9: February 13, 2011, 02:24:20 AM »

Obviously they went to great lengths to say he never told an MLB club what Dukes said. But didn't go so far as to say he never told anyone, which they certainly try to come across as saying. But then they admit they know Dukes never named names in his sessions, telling the world that they did find out what he told this doctor. So who knows how much truth is in Dukes story, but it would appear there is at least some given MLB is trying to obscure stuff with ridiculously careful wording to obfuscate bits of information.

Who cares? It's a dead story. Even if he named FotF as a dope smoker, what would happen? Nothing.

It's not against MLB rules.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #10: February 13, 2011, 03:41:42 AM »
Who cares? It's a dead story. Even if he named FotF as a dope smoker, what would happen? Nothing.

Err... You totally misunderstood my point. My point was that MLB lied/strongly obfuscated the facts on this. That the Dr. did in fact tell them what was said in the conversations, even though they're trying to act like he didn't. Who knows what real repercussions MLB doled out because of whatever Dukes said, if they in fact did anything. (I am talking about the Nats release of Dukes.) something hinky definitely is going on as those two quotes show.

I think I've been extraordinarily vocal on this forum about my views on drugs. I'm a hardcore libertarian who wants them all legalized, as I've stated every time this comes up. So I don't know where you got the impression I want them punished. I would like an investigation/looking into about the smuggling of drugs on the team plane, since that's an entirely different matter. And anyone using drugs *during* a game should be out the door.

But my last post was strictly about what MLB is pulling here, and why they feel the need to try to hide the fact the doctor told them what Dukes said. If it weren't an issue, and nothing arose out of it, they wouldn't need to be pulling the "The doctor never talked to any MLB club, the Nationals included." while carefully leaving room open for the fact he talked directly to MLB, as the second quote clearly shows he did. But nowhere in my last post did I want a witch hunt for the players, nor anything negative about players using, so I don't know where you got the impression your reply implies. And I think if MLB had any part in Dukes mysterious release due to something he told a Dr., it's hardly a dead story.

Online blue911

« Reply #11: February 13, 2011, 08:04:05 AM »

All class one narcotics are against league rules. It's their catch all for every new designer drug that hits the streets.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #12: February 13, 2011, 08:42:07 AM »
Well, part of Dukes's time with the Nats overlapped with Dmitri Young, so that's at least one I would expect to be on his list. I have no problem believing that there are a significant number of players he would have encountered who smoked dope. MLB can deny things all they want, but it is ludicrous for them to expect people to believe that they are any different from any other sector of society. The peer pressure comment seems like a cop out though. I would doubt it is any secret on any club which group of guys to party with if you want to hang out in a hotel suite with strippers and get high. Dukes knew what the stakes were for his situation. The only real pressure on him should have been to keep his nose clean.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #13: February 13, 2011, 12:02:49 PM »
Or could it be that Dukes needs the publicity good or bad?

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #14: February 13, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »

I'm wondering why the psychiatrist was allowed to tell MLB what was said in their meetings. I don't know too much about the business, but I thought they weren't allowed to disclose what was said during their meetings.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #15: February 13, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »
I'm wondering why the psychiatrist was allowed to tell MLB what was said in their meetings. I don't know too much about the business, but I thought they weren't allowed to disclose what was said during their meetings.

This. Of course, I just watched Good Will Hunting and the shrinks in that flick spilled the beans all the time. :lol:

Offline RyanTheRiot

• no one circles the wagons
« Reply #16: February 13, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »
let Tim smoke

Online blue911

« Reply #17: February 13, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »
maybe Dukes can throw out the first ball on April 20th.

Offline RyanTheRiot

« Reply #18: February 13, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
he ended up not naming any names, but I think we can narrow down the candidates a little bit

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #19: February 13, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »
Shoeshine's right, and the converse is true. If you want to keep your nose clean, you can hang out with the good seeds.

Offline RyanTheRiot

« Reply #20: February 13, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »
"The Three Amigos"

Online blue911

« Reply #21: February 13, 2011, 03:44:59 PM »
Shoeshine's right, and the converse is true. If you want to keep your nose clean, you can hang out with the good seeds.

at Fado?

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #22: February 13, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »
he ended up not naming any names, but I think we can narrow down the candidates a little bit

(Image removed from quote.)

That would explain why he is so fat.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #23: February 13, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
Don't sleep on WMP.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #24: February 13, 2011, 04:33:40 PM »
"The Three Amigos"

(Image removed from quote.)

It would certainly explain why he has nail polish :shock: