Author Topic: Ballpark and area news  (Read 7857 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: Ballpark and area news
« Reply #75: February 17, 2012, 10:37:52 AM »
Paranoia?

When will this ballclub and its neighbours stop catering to other fans - selling tickets to Philly bus groups one day (and later backtracking in the clumsy 'Take Back the Park' move that's left this organisation a league-wide laughingstock), laying out plans for a Red Sox Nation bar (when there's already a bajillion of same in this area) another day - and start building an identity of its own?

Wow. There's a little bit of a dose of the crazy in there - complaining about the Take Back the Park thing is fine. I'm on board there.

But the Nats have nothing to do with the development of the area around the Park - and EVEN IF there was a Red Sox Bar going in (And there is not), it wouldn't be the Nats fault. The head brewer worked in the Boston area, quit that job and moved to the DC area for her husband's job, and is now going to be the brewmaster in DC. That doesn't add up to being a Red Sox Bar to me.

Edit: I found the WaPo article that talked about her hire - she played clarinet in the US Navy Band while stationed at the Navy Yards. So, she's ex-military. So, instead of a Red Sox bar, maybe it will be like an "officer's club" - or she could attract fellow woodwind players... it's as much of a stretch as her attracting Red Sox fans...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/all-we-can-eat/post/parisi-named-head-beermaker-for-nrgs-new-brewery/2012/01/24/gIQAJ9DsNQ_blog.html