Author Topic: 2011 Post Draft Discussion / Signing Watch  (Read 72408 times)

Offline hammondsnats

The drafting has been above reproach. The FA signings have been very bad. This is a draft thread.

of course...but lets bring up other teams and avoid the call out PA :clap:

Offline Glockypoo

anyone know the draft list now?
It's being updated on the first page of this thread.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=22943.0

Offline HTT

Looks like Holt signed.  MLB listed in the transactions that he was assigned to Auburn. 

Offline Nicholas

Nick Lee signed too. It's on the Nats website and he have been assigned to GCL.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Nick Lee signed too. It's on the Nats website and he have been assigned to GCL.

Are you Nick Lee?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Are you Nick Lee?

Not an unreasonable question :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Are you Nick Lee?

If so, seems like he is a nice CC lefty

http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=184392

I like how the mid rounder college pitchers are all signing, lets get them out there playing and moving up the ladder.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Nicholas, if you are Nick Lee, welcome to the Nats! If not.. well that's cool too!

Offline Nicholas

No, I'm not Nick Lee. But I'm a lefty!  ;)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
No, I'm not Nick Lee. But I'm a lefty!  ;)

Welcome to WNFF!

Offline Nicholas

Thank you!

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Cool thanks for Nick Lee news.  And welcome to the board.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Sign Purke damnit.

Offline sportsfan882

The Nats are going to be busy as hell on August 14th since they don't want to sign any of these guys sooner.

Offline houston-nat

The Nats are going to be busy as hell on August 14th since they don't want to sign any of these guys sooner.

Dude, it's not a function of not "wanting to" sign these guys. Scott Boras clients and other amateur big shots wait until the last day. It's how the process works. It's how the process ALWAYS works.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Dude, it's not a function of not "wanting to" sign these guys. Scott Boras clients and other amateur big shots wait until the last day. It's how the process works. It's how the process ALWAYS works.

I went to a short season A game this Sunday and it was full of non-prospects. I wonder if this tactic is hurting short season and rookie ball .

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I went to a short season A game this Sunday and it was full of non-prospects. I wonder if this tactic is hurting short season and rookie ball .

Yeah, makes sense since all the over slot guys get held back till the end.

Offline sportsfan882

Yeah the Nats' short-season affiliates is full of mostly mediocre late round older college draftees and floundering international players.

Pretty much same with the GCL team.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Any news on Meyer? He isn't pitching a summer league. Why not sign quickly and get some games in this year?

Offline houston-nat

More worried that Matt Purke hasn't joined a summer league. We need to see that dude pitch some games before offering him $3-4 million.

Offline HalfSmokes

More worried that Matt Purke hasn't joined a summer league. We need to see that dude pitch some games before offering him $3-4 million.

I wonder if this means it's worse than thought and he's just resting and planning on going back to school next year? They can't offer him the kind of money he wants if he doesn't pitch.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Any news on Meyer? He isn't pitching a summer league. Why not sign quickly and get some games in this year?

Because he can rest his arm, decompress from school and college baseball, get the money he wants, and then play later in the year.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Meyer has nothing to gain from pitching now.  Purke has everything to gain.

Offline RD

Purke's in a tough situation. I think he needs some time off to rest and heal, and clear his mind. Its got to be frustrating to keep taking a couple weeks off to come back and not be full strngth.

I think he's resting, and doing a full rehab of building his arm back up.

Playing in the Cape if confident in his stuff is the best way to maximize his value. But I do think something can be said for getting multiple looks at him in bullpens and medical evals. If he's healthy and has the velocity back up, even in the pen,  there's some level of confidence that he'll be good to go.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Wouldn't Purke cost far less than Maya?